rammus help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

broot

04-18-2010

pretty casual player looking for some advice on rammus...ok so he isn't one of my most played champs but i do like to play him occasionally (i go full tank).

the problem i have is getting gold in a timely manner with him. any champ i lane with is a better farmer so i don't get that many last hits in. i don't like to jungle that much because it leaves turrets unproteced.

since his ability to tank well depends on getting some pretty expensive items i find that i'm not a force to wreckon with unless the game has gone on for ~40+ minutes. A lot of games only last 25-40 minutes though so it seems like half the games i play as rammus i never reach a point where i make much of an impact.

I'll usually get a heart of gold to help out but it doesn't seem to help THAT much... should I try stacking them? how many can you buy till the gold buff stops stacking?
any advice would be helpful

Jenlawrence13

04-18-2010

i usually go for ruby crystal first lane till 500gold go back get a heart of gold lane till a 1000gold then buy a second heart of gold then i get boots and what ever items the situation calls for.

you get hp, armor which is also dmg for you and 10gold/10sec.

depending on who you lane against i get kills early since i pick up ignite making your heart of golds go faster.

AnyOtherEnemy

04-18-2010

heart of gold cost =975

heart of gold sell for (guessing) 475

5 gold / 10 seconds = 30 gold / min

time to pay off = (975-475)/30 = 19 minutes

is it worth it?

Diomedea

04-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by national View Post
heart of gold cost =975

heart of gold sell for (guessing) 475

5 gold / 10 seconds = 30 gold / min

time to pay off = (975-475)/30 = 19 minutes

is it worth it?
Well, you're forgetting the fact that it does give stats too, it's not like it's a dead weight that only gives cash.

But yeah, never liked that item, or any gold generation items for that matter >.>

The best way to get gold is to go into a big pack of enemy minions and press R. Or pray your team is good and they actually kill stuff in team fights, so you can rack up assists (and maybe a kill here and there) with R.

Basically R is your "press button, get moni" key.

ZO KidKaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2010

hmm. i never liked gold gen items. :\
but i find myself getting cash from assists and kills every now and then.
and as a tank or any tanks for that matter i find you really dont need too much gold.
just get some health, armor, MR and you are good to go.
FoN,Warmogs,Banshee's,Boots2, then you now have 2 open slots. of course this is just tank item suggestions dont take them as the 'real' item build. you build to adapt in this game.
you dont build a tank with just HP and armor when the other team is AP heavy.

Shobecool

04-18-2010

I sort of main as rammus, without fail my build is almost always: Ruby crys-turn into hearth of gold, then ninja tabi, then work of my aegis. This is really nice because once i get to aegis i can prioritize what i want to spec first. If i am getting hammered in magic, i get the MR, if not, armor or hp.

tannerface

04-18-2010

I have been using boots of mobility+ghost and three sunfire capes. Pretty much all you need. If they are heavy ap use a gaurdian angel with other MR. Really though you have to farm a lot or get some kills to get up your three sunfire's. Some good mates would be fiddle or nunu since rammus can keep enemies in the AoE ults with either ball roll or taunt. Fiddle is kinda op anyway but with rammus they are a two man gank squad.

TrowserSnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2010

1. Learn to last hit better
2. Take smite for early farming
3. If you have the mana, utilize your ultimate's 60 second cooldown on creep waves to push towers.

I usually go straight for Blademail. Once you get the 25ish AD from all of the armor, you shouldn't have a problem last hitting and you should be able to gank quite easily.

unR Mohrisbetter

04-18-2010

favorite rammus build:

start with hp crystal. If your team is looking good/getting ganks, get leviathan (it is so easy to get stacks with rammus its OP). If not much killing is happening then turn it into a heart of gold.

after that decision, get your boots (almost always merc treads) then just general tankyness. Decide between armor or magic resist. Banshees is great on rammus.

I would post play tips but no time GL

Bechermeister

04-19-2010

basic 4 items.
start with doran, nearly every game mercury treads are most viable.
third item aegis of legion, next u can get banshee or sunfire cape.

rammus is same as singed, its about how you play him not how u build him.
They mine two main tanks, the play style is really similiar.