poppy & armor pen / magic pen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrise

04-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSP Cinnabar View Post
It is magic damage and you fail as a poppy if you don't buy sheen(like the other person is suggesting).
It is magic damage is a red herring. You fail as a poppy if you "DON'T" buy sheen, that's saying you're bad if you don't buy one. (Like the other person is suggesting) This sounds alot like you're saying I suggested it... Just pointing this out.

Pyrise

04-18-2010

Oh wow, who thumbs'd me down? Seriously?

Diomedea

04-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrise View Post
It is magic damage is a red herring. You fail as a poppy if you "DON'T" buy sheen, that's saying you're bad if you don't buy one. (Like the other person is suggesting) This sounds alot like you're saying I suggested it... Just pointing this out.
Am I the only one that didn't understand a word of this? @-@

And yes, poppy's Q deals magic damage, and so does E (charge).

AnyOtherEnemy

04-18-2010

None of you are making any sense!

Poppy's Q is a huge amount of damage and is arguably what makes her a viable champ. If this is magic damage then magic pen seems to me is a good idea even though thats counterintuitive. When i have trinity force and i ramp someone into a wall and press Q i see a HUGE chunk of their health bar go down. If my armor pen does NOTHING for me on this spell, why wouldnt magic pen be worth it?

AnyOtherEnemy

04-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrild View Post
Am I the only one that didn't understand a word of this? @-@

And yes, poppy's Q deals magic damage, and so does E (charge).

also, where is your proof? is it the color of dmg?

Pyrise

04-18-2010

The proof is having 1 AP and going into the game and seeing Attack does + 1 damage.

DCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2010

Poppy Q is magical, i played an entire bot game and used it once, and it appeared
that was all the magic damage i dealt.

E is magical aswell.

However, I'd say you're better off armor pen runes since going sheen will eventually
make you land on trinity, which is when you transition from a pure Q nuker to more
of a mix of E and Q and some autoattack, so that arpen is nice.

Theres plenty of items to pierce MR ingame should you want to go for them, and I'd say
go for runes magi pen if you're going lichbane+AP stacking

I played poppy proficiently going sheen then glacial shroud (cdr is very nice on her),
to then end up as more of a tank beefy nuker with trinity and if needed, full frozen heart.

GuyGin

04-18-2010

Q / E are magical.

I don't have "proof" in the form of a screenshot, but I tested it extensively in a bot game one day.

If you want to test it, try getting max deve blow, and hit one of the caster minions. Notice how much damage they take (make sure you SKIP paragon, as that can confound results). Now go buy a sorcerers shoes (the caster minions have non-trivial magic armor, 5-20 I think as the game goes on) and do it again. You will notice higher damage.

I would say Mpen is good on poppy.

Also, if you have any CDR you can get Deve Blow to CD before the CD on Trinity Force, though you may end up using it on your post charg hits instead of deve blow if you dont que deve blow FIRST.

Depending on who you're fighting Deve can result in a pretty big chunk of health, and with mpen it's even bigger.

I find it hard to fit mpen into the build though, because trinity is so good for her. I have never tried something like Sheen / Brutalizer / Guise, though that may be viable as well, you will lose the amazing positioning benefit from the movespeed on trinity.

TiV3

04-19-2010

Is all of the Q'd auto attack's damage turned magical including the sheen proc? Or just the extra and % damage?

Dulkan

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiV3 View Post
Is all of the Q'd auto attack's damage turned magical including the sheen proc? Or just the extra and % damage?
It's 100% magical damage, I tried today in a bot game getting haunting guise and rylai's scepter. The slow was applied and I was healed for 10% of the damage dealt.