Warwick help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JarL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-18-2010

If you aren't taking Smite on WW then you are wrong. Secondly, if you aren't taking Flash on WW then you doubly wrong. You also NEVER start with blue rune, that is just asking to get yourself ganked.

As I said earlier to the original poster, give me some more information and I can help you out.

Toxic Nerve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2010

yo first off, that build youre following is bad. thats why you're probably having trouble using warwick.

go:
Madreds -> Berserker's Greaves -> Black Cleaver -> Frozen Mallet -> Black Cleaver

whY? you may ask. because you gain enough attack speed from W that you dnt need additional items, and each attack of yours heals you based on your passive, and you also have Q to regain hp in a 1v1. the other thing is, you will be mostly relying on your ulti which has a low cool down time. Madred's is amazing for anti tank, Cleavers are great cuz they reduce armor (don't stack) but 75 AD is better than getting an overpriced 80 AD infinity edge. Frozen Mallet gives you survivability and if they try escaping theyre slowed by your melee.

spells:

exhaust
ghost

ghost for that little bit of extra chase speed you might need.

BUT if youre jungling get:

smite and rally.

Another thing for jungling:

Go for Blue Golem Buff FIRST.
and make sure you have point in W.
kill the mini dragons first, than target him, when your hp is low use rally to heal it back, and it increases AD by 10, smite for the additional dmge.

Herne

04-18-2010

I've been playing Warwick since level 1, and I've finally gotten to 30. Still using the puppy, and I'll be honest with you, he actually is alot harder to play at lower levels. By the time you get to Level 30, you'll have all the advantages you need to take the jungle - Tier 3 Armor Pen runes (my book still has a couple that are Tier 2), attack speed runes, quints, full masteries (because the last tiers of utility masteries are great, and then being able to spend on +attack speed in offense is just icing on the cake, and most of all experience. By the time you get to level 30, your formula for jungling is actually less important - you can take liberties with what you can or cannot risk dying against (even at level 30, I still have heart-stopping moments when I first attack the Elder golem at level1/2, with nothing but one more Hungering Strike and a health potion keeping me from ruining my entire game.

All the strategies people will tell you (use smite, use ignite, use rally, play Jax) are quick fixes. I constantly mix up my summoner spells and my jungling order, now (I still miss Smite). I would just make sure you get the +experience talent for now, and use whatever combination of spells help you feel the most comfortable in the jungle. Pop a health potion the second you start fighting the elder golem camp, and stick to your guns.

Good luck! Let us know if oyu need any more tips! =)

Fearsome81

04-18-2010

First of all, thanks for all of the feedback you guys have given me. It has helped a lot recently in some practice matches with players on my level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarL View Post
Can you be a bit more specific with what you are having trouble with exactly? I'm using about 4 hp pots to be able jungle effectively
What is your jungle rotation? Right now I'm going ghosts and smiting the blue one, than whichever creep spawns near the golem(wolves, golems). Now I'm going after the buff golem, by now my smite is recharged. I go back near the lizard and kill the smaller creeps again. Finally, I take the lizard, and if I'm not 5 or 6 I will go back to smaller creeps before the dragon.
What items do you start with? Cloth armor and 3-5 hp pots
When are you going for ganks? 5-6, when I get blood scent/ult
When do you go back to town? With my first 700 gold or right before the lizard.
Also I'm building to 16-0-14 (2-0-8 at level 10). Using exhaust/smite and my item build would be:

Cloth armor - 3-5hp pots
Madreds razor
boots of speed
wit's end or bloodrazor
bloodrazor or wit's end
merc treads - boots of swiftness - ninja tabi
if I'm not focused - atma-malady
if I am - banshees veil - thornmail
if they are quick I go with frozen mallet

I will also consider the other builds suggested when I can jungle better. Right now I'm killing the dragon at 9-10 minutes at level 5-6. I also noticed that constantly getting the golem throughout the game is amazing

Toxic Nerve

04-18-2010

no point in getting wit's end, its a waste of your money, youre better off getting blood razer and second item being another AD item, or else instead of 1 shotting ppl using your ulti, youll be wasting too much time trying to attack them.

btw my masteries are:

22/0/8

go for the %exp in the 8 and the obvious in the offense section.

Fearsome81

04-19-2010

For whatever reason, I can't use the rotation I was using earlier. I can no longer kill the golem at level 2, or the dragon at level 6. I have no idea what happened...I guess i will have to pick up rally and see how that goes.

Cabtn

04-19-2010

If your having trouble try taking Smite/Rally. Start with the Wraiths then teh Wolfs, hit the Golem at level 2 or so. Later on when you are a higher summoner level you can go with Smite/Flash or Smite/Ghost. Starting to favor ghost more for early level ganks, lower CD, and flash has just been nerfed too much so i don't know what to expect haha.

But ya Cloth armor 2x Health pots. Smite/Rally or Heal till you get some runes.

See you in the jungle GL

Fearsome81

04-19-2010

It's so tough playing as warwick ATM. Since I'm stuck at low ELO, nobody can handle a lane without help. Without runes, I have to go through so much trouble to jungle quickly. Some guy gets rolled because he can't handle 2v1 as teemo or I get raped by the golem at level 2 if I don't have smite/rally(even then i'm level 6 at like 10 minutes). In the end, if I'm not fed, I will get dominated.

With a better team I can dominate at this ELO, but I'm solo queing so I expect bad players, especially with a 1:1 w/l. So, I'm going to use Yi again. Going 16-0 is nice every once in a while. I will definitely play Warwick again when I get some runes and some competent teammates. But then again, Warwick may not be for me after all.