Black Cleaver on Xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebonclaw

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangiovese View Post
A serious weakness to black cleaver is that it's assumes you can attack 5 times to the same target.
It has only had 3 stacks for months now.

If you can't get 3 stacks on a target in ~1 second as Xin, you're doing it wrong, or you're stunned anyway.

Baisang

Recruiter

08-13-2011

Why so glass cannon? This is my build for Xin:
Doran's Blade (for early game dominance with TTS, +100 health is great too)
Mercury Treads (CC reduction, magic resist, what's not to love?)
Black Cleaver (the only main offensive item you'll need)
Banshee's Veil (More HP for more survivability)
Sunfire Cape/Randuin's Omen (Situational, against more AD team I choose Randuin's obviously)
The game should be over by now. If not you're doing something wrong. Just keep building more tank items and sell your Doran's for a Phage ---> Frozen Mallet or something.
This Xin will survive most teamfights, deal lots of damage to carries, and be able to offtank still, as well as being a tower destroyer. Even if you don't survive, your ult+ TTS to a carry will set up the rest of your team for an ace.

anotherbanger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2011

take out Berserker Greaves and phantom dancer. replace it with other items

DSkittlez

08-15-2011

hmm my old kinda **** build was also to rush BC asap but i started to think my bf sword will be better as is for a while n i can get other items first
OLD build
AS dagger--> 1. BC --->2. zeal--> 3. DEF item---> 4. MR item--->2.1 finish PD--->5. blood thirster/IE/defensive item if game was still goin on after this for any reason i will play it by ear
oops sry forgot mercs treads came either b4 or after the bf sword depending on how things went but boots 1 def came first

item 5 was more often then nt IE but i kinda lost interest in tht build fast tho it helped i felt it lacked in ways lol

new build (not complete as i have not tried in actual games but considering)
1 HoG(heart of gold)- obv in order get the ruby 1st then build HoG
2 boots 1- in a lot of my games wit Any champ i leave boots 1 for a long time to c how things go n what not
3 bf sword- thinking about rushing this into a BT for the 100dmg after farm n added LIFESTEAL + passive
4 zeal kinda helps since boots are still 1
5 nagatron + upgrade to mercs n if poss grab def (for RAMDUINS) too(obv this depends on ur farm n or kilss/assists)-negatron can be made to either the 76MR item tht adds 8%MS or jus take the BV if u need it
6 for a last item GA- to hopefully make u look less attractive for focus

the rest of my dmg i intend to get from runes n masteries
red ArP
yellows AS? or AD? not sure
blues same as above or poss MR
quints hp or AD for potential early kills?

masteries split in att n def i guess?

again i HAVE NOT tried this at all yet it was rly jus a quick thought which popped into my head one day n for all i know it can suck against most teams(i always assume teams to be of decent players NOT feeders thts dnt help u with **** when testing!!!!!!)

WonderBoy55

08-15-2011

Black clever is awesome because it's reduction, not just penetration. It's one if the very few ways to get enemies into negative AR, gives great damage and AS, especially for cost. It works against all enemies, squishy or tanky.

mordhuehuekaiser

08-15-2011

if you look somewhere in the item forums you might be able to find it by searching arm pen or somthing like that there is a link to a blog with charts showing that because last whisper is a % of armor item black cleaver is actualy more effective until the enemy has 150+ armor not only that but because black cleaver is flat armor reduction you can take someone below 0 armor and do extra damage to them (hypothetically of course)

maniclurker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drak View Post
"your crits are now 2.5 compared to a normal 2"
there... more better
Was wondering when someone was gonna get this **** right...