Black Cleaver on Xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sangiovese

07-12-2011

A serious weakness to black cleaver is that it's assumes you can attack 5 times to the same target.

This is a very rare situation in a good teamplay game. you may get two attacks in a team fight on the same target before it's either dead, or you need to switch to a different target.

My suggestion is that if you are playing bots, get life drain earlier (starks) and then go IE and Phantoms.

My suggestion is that if you are playing in pug 5's, get some more armor or tanky items earlier, much like paradigm suggested. The reason you need some kind of surviability in a pug non ranked play or solo queue is that Xin is soo G** Da** good at initiating and chasing, that you'll quickly out pace your teams refelxes, response times, assist times, and chasability. GA can also help as a decent substitute.

My suggestion is that if you are playing an a ranked (mid to high) elo game Xin may not be the hero to choose. He was buffed because he was so weak in late game team fights. I have not played him much since the buff, which is why I say MAY not be the hero. Maybe he is, but again, black cleaver is not the item to get for armor pen. Use armor pen in your rune build, last whisper is cheaper and still has decent dmg. Off the bat (attack one) it will help you more if a hero has more than 40 or 50 armor (which they should at that part in the game, esp if you are initiating with his skills, because your targets are unlikely to be (able to be) the back back squish at first option.)

Hope this feedback helps.

Enjoy!

Nightdancer ND

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloMk2 View Post
My build right now on Xin is usually Berserker Greaves, then Black Cleaver, then Phantom Dancer, then Infinity edge, then either bloodthirster or a defensive item like banshees veil..
One of the worst Xin builds I have seen...
... but it is awesome vs bots!

Chronoisseur

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancepticom View Post
You will do a lot more damage with IE before simply because it has crit, and increases crit to 250% (this is huge, now your crits are 5 compared to normal 4). Just an opinion but check the math, early crit works
Check'd and fix'd

Jeffery Q Nunn

08-12-2011

your xin build sounds like a bot game to me, its a little bit too offensive for you to really get the entirety of what xin does, but i go Berserker's Greaves, Black Cleaver, and game dependant past that point. i see nothing wrong with helping your whole team for less than 3k gold and doing a crapload of damage regardless.

xDMurph

08-12-2011

i build him dorans sheild-->greives-->bf sword-->dancers-->finish cleaver-->madrids seems to work out for me

Mystgan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

anyone who builds any other boots then merc thread or ninja tabi on xin should stop playing him.

Rythven

08-12-2011

Consider effectiveness and price. Like many have said, Black Cleaver only reaches its full armor reduction at the third hit, which can work well for his Q. It also gives attack speed, which works well with his Q. Other than that, it doesn't do quite as much. Last Whisper on the other hand gives 40% armorpen, which affects your Q and R on each hit. You do more in total damage with your Q, you instantly do more damage with R, and you scale better against armor mid-late game.

Black Cleaver - 2865g
-55 ATK, 30% AS
Last Whisper + Recurve Bow - 3340g
-40 ATK, 40% ArP, 40% AS

Ofcourse, the Recurve Bow translates well situationally to a Wit's End, Madred's, SotD, or Stark's.
And a full DPS build will have you crying in pain, please build off-tanky..

Thubgar

08-12-2011

i do
boots/pots>berserkers>BC>phage>(team specific defensive item)>etc.

cleaver has the bonus of improving your teams damage as well as your own over last whisper.

Dak Drak

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbrand View Post
"your crits are now 3 compared to a normal 2"
there...all better
"your crits are now 2.5 compared to a normal 2"
there... more better

CrusaderAntonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drak View Post
"your crits are now 2.5 compared to a normal 2"
there... more better
Listen to this man, lol. So many of you have it wrong.

1 auto attack = 100% damage.
1 crit = 2 auto attacks = 200% damage.
IE boots crit damage from 200% to 250%.
250% damage = 2.5 auto attacks.