Black Cleaver on Xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApolloMk2

07-11-2011

My build right now on Xin is usually Berserker Greaves, then Black Cleaver, then Phantom Dancer, then Infinity edge, then either bloodthirster or a defensive item like banshees veil..

Anyway, I build the cleaver every game as a core item regardless of the other team champions because I can make great use of the AD and speed, and the arm pen is great! BUT a couple times this week I got chewed out for using the Black Cleaver when the enemy team had no tanks...

My thinking is by level 15 or so pretty much everyone has at least the 45 armor that the cleaver cuts through, therefore making it very useful for fighting any champion.

Right?....

Paradigm

07-11-2011

I build xin like this:

ruby crystal--> early heart of gold --> boots -->brutalizer --> MERC boots --> black cleaver --> negatron -->yommu -->Randuins --->veil-->w/e

You build xin as a glass cannon when he's supposed to be a tanky dps.

Edit: I can't even picture why this would get thumbs downed. Sorry I told you not to build xin like a ******, I guess.

Eddiot

07-11-2011

Black cleaver isn't anti-tank, last whisper is.

AntiTcb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2011

You have the 100% perfect idea getting Black Cleaver on Xin.

Ebonclaw

07-11-2011

Black Cleaver is the SQUISHY anti-armor item. It's beauty is it helps with everyone (great stacked with Stark's), but the less armor they have, the more it actually does for you - and gods help them if you push them to negative values.

Serpicos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2011

Black Cleaver is solid, I usually go Ghostblade as item 3.

trancepticom

07-11-2011

If you build black cleaver and IE, you need to buy BF sword anyway. You will do a lot more damage with IE before simply because it has crit, and increases crit to 250% (this is huge, now your crits are 5 compared to normal 2). After this, phantom dancer for attack speed and crit, then you can move on to either a crit chance item or an attack speed item, since both stats willl up your damage in a big way. It's in the math, buying crit early will up your damage more then attack speed, simply because every crit is 5... instead of having more 2 attacks. This is really only going to help if you want to crit though...

If you are set on getting Armor Pen, try runes. you can get over 20 ArPen with reds and Quints, and that will be all game long, not just after you sink money into cleaver. But you can also go Attack Sped reds and quints and forget about penetration, cause you can get 20% from runes. That, with berserkers greaves, will give you enough until you can buy phantom dancer after IE. If you like, buy a dagger after BF sword and/or pickaxe, since this will be plus 60% attack speed, well enough to tide you over until you have crit and can buy a phantom dancer.

Just an opinion but check the math, early crit works

darkbrand

07-11-2011

"your crits are now 3 compared to a normal 2"
there...all better

Ebonclaw

07-11-2011

BC is ~2/3 the price of IE, and by itself will certainly boost your sustained DPS by significantly more for the money spent, than IE alone.

aRchiBole

07-12-2011

It is well known that q does not crit. You shoudl focus on cdr and as and also a good investment and defense, you really need to spend about 1/2 your gold on defensive gear on a melee hero to be sussesful in teamfights. Do to this reason and q not criting you should stray away from crit on xin, its to expensive leave that to ashe.
I like brutilizer and sword of the divine and usually randuims and banshies veil as my core past that pick up a black cleaver. But +25 from runes 3 from mast thats73 pen with minimal investment and enough survivability to not get ment ed in team fights though not nough to initiate them which is what you need minimum.
And for the love of god, again MELLEE, get mercs.