Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brofessor Jones

07-10-2011

I took the opportunity this week to evaluate why everyone says panth is UP, considering he's free, so after around 20 games with him, I feel I have found the right adjustments to make and why he's considered UP. When he was made, he was questionably one of the most brokenly overpowered champions to date. Since the adjustments to him, he scales extremely well into late, if fed. The problem with champions like this is they NEED to be fed to compete late game, but if fed they roll extremely hard.

A fair adjustment to panth, would be making his early comparable to his late game. I would say, give him 1.5 seconds on his stun at all ranks and have the damage be flat, no one builds AP on panth and no one ever will. The 1.5 would allow him to do his full combo, which he is meant to do. Currently, heartseeker strike is only useful in stationary team fights, and even then it just tickles. At least it allows him to hit the full duration at level 3-4 with all his abilities, considering panth lacks escape methods I feel its a fair buff.

Also adding an early game buff to the base damage of his spear but not change the late game damage. This is panths harass, but it requires himself to put himself within range of EVERY harass in game, so he should be rewarded for it.

Another adjustment that would help is, adding to the passive of of his E, allowing to have auto crits at maybe 20% or 25% of MINION health as well, this would improve his ability to last hit, considering 15% of a minions health is really bad.

And last but most CERTAINTLY not least, the cast time of panths ult needs HALVED, by the time it casts, the people with in the circle have time to penta-kill your team, afk for 30 minutes to make a bowl of soup, return to your circle and then /d in your circle while lux snipes the kill with her ult. JUST in time for you to slam down like an idiot, hang your head in shame and go uninstall league of legends. I'm surprised I dont see pantheon has grown a beard and looks something like Tom Hanks near the end of Cast away when he lands.

sunaura

07-10-2011

mantheon*

LGD Exhileration

07-10-2011

Agreed, that 1.5 base stun is a must for him IMO, as much as I like to play him, he just isn't viable to be played in a serious game anymore. Riot must fix this!

NoTitle

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brofessor Jones View Post
I took the opportunity this week to evaluate why everyone says panth is UP, considering he's free, so after around 20 games with him, I feel I have found the right adjustments to make and why he's considered UP. When he was made, he was questionably one of the most brokenly overpowered champions to date. Since the adjustments to him, he scales extremely well into late, if fed. The problem with champions like this is they NEED to be fed to compete late game, but if fed they roll extremely hard.

He scales extremely poorly into late game unless you build a stacking item. Before 30 minutes is where Pantheon is at his best

A fair adjustment to panth, would be making his early comparable to his late game. I would say, give him 1.5 seconds on his stun at all ranks and have the damage be flat, no one builds AP on panth and no one ever will. The 1.5 would allow him to do his full combo, which he is meant to do. Currently, heartseeker strike is only useful in stationary team fights, and even then it just tickles. At least it allows him to hit the full duration at level 3-4 with all his abilities, considering panth lacks escape methods I feel its a fair buff.

1.5 seconds at all levels is a bit extreme given his lane dominance early game.

Also adding an early game buff to the base damage of his spear but not change the late game damage. This is panths harass, but it requires himself to put himself within range of EVERY harass in game, so he should be rewarded for it.

If anything the reverse change needs to be made with his late damage base being increase.

Another adjustment that would help is, adding to the passive of of his E, allowing to have auto crits at maybe 20% or 25% of MINION health as well, this would improve his ability to last hit, considering 15% of a minions health is really bad.

You should have zero problems last hitting with Panth unless you're midding vs Caitlyn/Sion/Renek/Corki

And last but most CERTAINTLY not least, the cast time of panths ult needs HALVED, by the time it casts, the people with in the circle have time to penta-kill your team, afk for 30 minutes to make a bowl of soup, return to your circle and then /d in your circle while lux snipes the kill with her ult. JUST in time for you to slam down like an idiot, hang your head in shame and go uninstall league of legends. I'm surprised I dont see pantheon has grown a beard and looks something like Tom Hanks near the end of Cast away when he lands.

I agree, the windup time needs to be reduced. The actual time when the circle is shown is all right.
answers in quotes

Brofessor Jones

07-10-2011

True I guess, but have you played much panth?

EDIT: because I have played him a lot, and with the exception of his passive, he is very vulnerable to being harassed. Not that other champions arent, but his spear isnt far enough range to scare people away. What Im saying is, with a little feed, he's unstoppable. There are few things scarier than fed panth. but he is no scarier early game than the thought of how strong he used to be

NoTitle

07-10-2011

Quote:
Around 150ish games.

Brofessor Jones

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTitIe View Post
Around 150ish games.
Well, in all honesty, it's similar to vlad/irelia. Just because people that know how to use them well can consistantly do well, doesn't mean they need to endlessly be beaten with a nerfbat

Brofessor Jones

07-10-2011

But if you check my edit, his ability to snowball with a couple BF swords under his belt could be toned down, but his ability to participate in lane without having to get kills dying in the process needs to be adjusted. Plus His farming ability is low for someone who scales really well when fed, either burn all your mana Q last hitting and not harrassing or lose all the last hits to ranged carries and people with AOE abilities

NoTitle

07-10-2011

Quote:
But if you check my edit, his ability to snowball with a couple BF swords under his belt could be toned down, but his ability to participate in lane without having to get kills dying in the process needs to be adjusted. Plus His farming ability is low for someone who scales really well when fed, either burn all your mana Q last hitting and not harrassing or lose all the last hits to ranged carries and people with AOE abilities
You're able to deal with most people 1v1.Only exceptions I've run across that are able to force me to lane switch would be Caitlyn/Corki that have strong AD runes. You shouldn't need to last hit every minion with Q. At around level 12 your HSS should be enough to clear most waves.

Quote:

EDIT: because I have played him a lot, and with the exception of his passive, he is very vulnerable to being harassed. Not that other champions arent, but his spear isnt far enough range to scare people away. What Im saying is, with a little feed, he's unstoppable. There are few things scarier than fed panth. but he is no scarier early game than the thought of how strong he used to be
If you're building full BF swords with Panth, you'll get shut down incredibly easy because of the way other champions scale to comparable damage ratios while being able to simultaneously build durability items. He plays a lot like a physical damage based LeBlanc.

Brofessor Jones

07-10-2011

I'm not quoting that all is too big. But I have specifically payed attention to what needs changed about him and although it may seem like I can 1v1 people, in a legitimate equally fed 1v1, I usually lose. Because if you look at everything about panth, nothing gives him an advantage against most champions, if you need I can give some examples. I was just saying BF swords because I have seen panths, and experienced, getting fed buying 2 BF swords, then making them into like an infinity edge and either a BT or BC