What to build as Jarvan?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barbooch

07-10-2011

So I just bought Jarvan and I really like him. Im not usually a Demacia fan but he is just so fun to play as I can't help it. Anyways the only real trouble im having with him is that I'm never really sure what to build. I know you can build him as a tank or dps or even a bit in between but I'm really just wondering, what do I build on him if I want him tanky? and what do I build if I want dps? Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks guys!

Boomstick II

07-10-2011

If you want to win you should build Trinity Force and then straight tanky items after that.

For example:
- Mercury Treads
- Trinity Force
- Randuin's Omen
- Force of Nature
- Banshee's Veil
- Atma's Impaler (or a last whisper maybe if you dont need any more survivability.

For runes I would go:
ArP Marks
Armor Seals
MR/level Glyphs
ArP Quints

SethCypher

07-10-2011

A hybrid tanky DPS build is what I find most suitable for him. Banshee's Veil + Atma's Impaler is almost always a staple build on him however I always get these as late game items. I start off with 5 pots and a cloth armor, building the cloth armor into wriggles for the wards and the life steal. You'll find that 5 pots is more than enough most of the time to keep you sustained in lane to farm up wriggles straight up. Late game you can always sell the Wriggles for something else if you feel it necessary. He's really flexible in terms of build however, which what I like most about Jarvan.

If you find that Wriggles isn't good enough for farming or you're just not good at farming, consider getting HoG and Philo stone in the early game.