Kassadin OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperPengo

07-10-2011

He has a silence that cant be dodged, an aoe slow, and a almost no cooldown flash that also hurts you. To many times have i mid against a kassadin as an AP, and all he has to do is get to lvl 6. From there he flashes into my face, silences me (for the entire fight) slows me, then if he cant kill me just run away or flash away, most of the time he can kill me.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

You'll find at higher levels you do not see him very often and if you play against him enough you'll figure out how to stop him. Honestly, he isn't actually very good and falls off really quickly unless he is mega fed.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

Kassadin has relatively low burst compared to other mages, and relies on mobility and ganking to stack Mejais. Otherwise his damage goes downhill very fast.

He also has no hard CC. Just silences and slows. Don't 1v1 him as a caster if you don't have to.

Eric The Moose

07-10-2011

Play as Kass to learn how to counter him. Fiddles has a bouncing silence that you can't dodge AND a fear AND a massive lifesteal. Kass isn't as squishy but only just.

SuperPengo

07-10-2011

im not sure how im supposed to counter him, when the only way to get out of range of his flash is a flash, with a massive CD

Giltia Zero

07-10-2011

Then don't. Map awareness for when he's MIA to prevent ganks, and focus fire and CC when he pops up. He's pretty squishy.

SuperPengo

07-10-2011

squishy doesnt matter much when he can pop in and out of range whenever he wants

SethCypher

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPengo View Post
squishy doesnt matter much when he can pop in and out of range whenever he wants
His flash is on a 4 second CD. You've ample enough time to do something in that time frame and if you're silenced then your teammates should do something. If your teammates aren't around then either you're terribly unlucky or you overextended too much.

Sir Longfellow

07-10-2011

He uses Q E and maybe R. If you aren't dead you have 9 seconds and three skills to kill him before he can do anything but autoattack or run.

Tierbrand

07-10-2011

Complaining about Kassadin's silence? It's a 2.6 duration, with a 5.4 cooldown at max CDR, meaning it is far from spammable. If he has you silenced for the entire fight, it'd have to be those first 2.6 seconds, and if your fight only lasts less than 3 seconds, you're doing something wrong anyway. Yeah, it can't be dodged, so I guess that makes it OP? What about all the targetable stuns from characters like Annie, Taric and Sion, that can't be dodged?

He's got an AoE slow. Too bad it's only really used for damage. The slow is only helpful for melee attacks, which isn't where most of his damage comes from. On top of that, he doesn't even need the slow, since he can just Riftwalk into melee range.

His ult has a 2.4 cooldown at max CDR. Even with 700 AP, it only does around 400-500 damage(BEFORE damage reduction) for 100 mana, on it's first use. Each use after that adds 100 more mana to the cost, for only 120 damage. Not only does it drain his mana faster than any other champion can drain their's, but it's also got one of the worst damage to mana cost ratios in the game, and it gets worse with every use. To be honest, the Flash aspect of it is his only saving grace, without it, he'd be a terrible character.

He's got low HP, low Armor, and low MR. His passive is unnoticeable, and his W is subpar at best. Q and E are both fairly long cooldowns for the amount of damage they do.

If an extremely squishy character who relies on a gimmick is OP, then I guess everyone needs to be nerfed.