Mundo needs a damage buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alrocsmash

07-10-2011

This is my first, and probably last, thread about buffing any champion. Dont bring up 3s, its an awful bracket and is not balanced around. Now that we are past that, I love playing Mundo but in 5s he really has small utility. He has his cleaver, and his steroid auto attacks. His W damage is negligible, and his ult is a heal.

My suggestion, give his E an attack speed buff as well, or make his W do real aoe damage.

Flame away.

Eric The Moose

07-10-2011

So that I can solo towers even MORE when I play mundo? I've played a game with mundo where I took 9 buildings, and many more where I took 5-7. Warmog's, boots of swiftness, Stark's Fervor, Randuin's, tiamat and a Ghostblade and I could show up at a tower, press E and then it'd be dust in a few seconds while everyone was in a 4v5 team battle in the river.

Alrocsmash

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The Moose View Post
So that I can solo towers even MORE when I play mundo? I've played a game with mundo where I took 9 buildings, and many more where I took 5-7. Warmog's, boots of swiftness, Stark's Fervor, Randuin's, tiamat and a Ghostblade and I could show up at a tower, press E and then it'd be dust in a few seconds while everyone was in a 4v5 team battle in the river.
With the amount of farm you have for that build so can any other dps champion. You still have low presence in team fights, and outside of soaking you are relatively ignored. I do not want him to be overpowered, but I would like more functionality. If damage is not the correct way to fix him, perhaps an aoe slow when you pop your ult?

Eric The Moose

07-10-2011

Lol buy a randuin's and press the item hotkeys. AoE slow and you've got a gold mining item to build it.

DeathKontrol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

Being a big fan of Mundo, I had to see this thread. I agree, Mundo needs buffs. However, I think his damage is fine. The last time Mundo was adjusted, they took off base health and health per level. This hurts. However, the worst part was his ultimate. Cooldown increased from 60 to 75 is a stab in the back to Mundo players around the world.

I actually dont have problems with damage when i play mundo. I think he is a viable DPS character, and the perfect tank. Although he does not take over teamfights with crowd control, he sits in front of his allies spamming cleavers, and destroying any melees who dare to leap in against the squishies.I prefer to play Mundo for cooldowns so that I may spam cleavers even harder and ulti every 45 seconds (used to be 36 seconds, ****it).

The biggest problem I have with Mundo is health. His purpose is to overextend extremely far and in essence "taunt" all the enemies into diving him and wasting their cooldowns, and while he runs out with his ulti up his allies pounce on the enemies. Then, he sits in the back for a couple seconds, regains most of his health, and dives straight back into the battle. However, the ulti nerf makes it harder to stay in a lane and continue pushing, and harder to bait enemies like he is supposed to do. Also, with all the health he burns early game, he does not really become viable until around level 11. My suggestion is a buff to adrenaline rush, to help Mundo restore health easier, or maybe a reduction on Sadism's cost. Maybe even an armor or mage resist buff would help. That way, if Mundo is having trouble with damage, he can buy a couple damage items, such as a sunfire or an atmas. Mundo still destroys towers with masochism, and smashes squishies with the infeted cleaver. However, i find that his health runs out just too quick.

And your correct, 3's is a completely ******ed bracket +1 for that one.

In summary, Dr. Mundo needs buffs

1vhuZ71qkXu6AkRT

07-10-2011

mundo is a dmger and somehow many ppl play him as tank(he cant tank) if riot want to give him more dmg and make him tanky dps (off tank) then they should change is ulti and make is skills cost less health (maby even mana)

Blackthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

I pretty much use him to snipe towers or be a nuisance in team fights with burning agony running, but you can certainly get some kills with cleavers and popping his e with low health and shredding. I just prefer being a pest :P I don't know that he needs buffs but you def don't want to take him as the only tank if you are running a comp that needs 1 as he is easy countered until you get a very costly tank build on him. Think of him this way: you get in a 1v1 they get you low, you pop e and surprise smack them a few times for mega damage, and finally pop your ulti and finish them off and run.