@Morello about veiger's 'Q'

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ardizzle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-10-2011

I just read a thread about capping Veigers 'Q' skill and that if you did you could buff his other aspects that he needs. I think Veiger is just fine the way he is even with out buffing his weak areas.

But if you did cap it there are only 2 buffs i would like to see

- Less mana costing skills early game so that i can harass back some without running out of mana immediately

- Have his Ulti on shorter cd if blocked by a spell shield or banishes. Now i know what your going to say. "Don't ulti spell shield noob" but tell me how many times you have used a skill and as it is flying through the air banishes pops up. or noct or sivir activates the spell shield. It is really annoying and unfun.

TL;DR I want to keep his 'Q' uncaped but if it must be done here is 2 buffs i would like to see to make up for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telc

Senior Member

07-10-2011

Eh, i just think it shouldn't be capped, the mana is a non issue if you rune for it, If they are going to cap it though make the Q get more damage per kill so an easier cap, and/or add more base damage to it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prince Olaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telc View Post
Eh, i just think it shouldn't be capped, the mana is a non issue if you rune for it, If they are going to cap it though make the Q get more damage per kill so an easier cap, and/or add more base damage to it.
Rune for it means filling your rune page with mana regen? i have about 15 or 16 mana regen runes on my veigar page for the rare times i play him and i still find myself running out of mana.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telc

Senior Member

07-10-2011

Not far off from mine, my recommendation is chalice. Yeah i know you shouldn't have to build mana regen but veigar hit's like a truck. Plus if your good with your q you wont miss the damage too much. Start with meki pendent and build the chalice then follow your normal build. Trust me, though its been a minute since i played veigar that build has never failed me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ardizzle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-10-2011

i don't have mana problems after the 5-10 min mark because of catalyst and a Philly stone. I mean you still have to spend your mana wisely but thats what makes him diffucult and fun to play.

-edit: and mana regen yellows


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yordles Rule

Senior Member

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardizzle View Post
I just read a thread about capping Veigers 'Q' skill and that if you did you could buff his other aspects that he needs. I think Veiger is just fine the way he is even with out buffing his weak areas.

But if you did cap it there are only 2 buffs i would like to see

- Less mana costing skills early game so that i can harass back some without running out of mana immediately

- Have his Ulti on shorter cd if blocked by a spell shield or banishes. Now i know what your going to say. "Don't ulti spell shield noob" but tell me how many times you have used a skill and as it is flying through the air banishes pops up. or noct or sivir activates the spell shield. It is really annoying and unfun.

TL;DR I want to keep his 'Q' uncaped but if it must be done here is 2 buffs i would like to see to make up for it.
Sorry if this is a little off subject, but where do you find these threads? I'd love to read what the devs are saying and I hear people talk about it but I'm not sure where these conversations are found on the web. Please reply


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ardizzle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordles Rule View Post
Sorry if this is a little off subject, but where do you find these threads? I'd love to read what the devs are saying and I hear people talk about it but I'm not sure where these conversations are found on the web. Please reply
well thats one thing that pisses me off about the forums. Any good info the developers are posting ends up in the "general discussion" section. which is full of useful stuff and then quickly pushed out by trolls or fun stuff that should be in off topic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gallabro

Member

07-10-2011

First, I don't know why you would ult Sivir or Noc, haha. And second it takes skill for them to proc their spell shields, so you shouldn't just get to hit it again immediately. . .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YDoUTortureMeSo

Junior Member

07-10-2011

Cap Veigar's q and he is no longer veigar. If you want to get rid of one of the things that makes a champion great, then just get rid of the champion. I personally main Veigar and a few others. I like to get between 1200-1400 ap before the game ends if it lasts 45-60 mins. but obvi that doesnt always happen. Most enemy champions with build banshees and mr the instant they start seeing a pro-Veigar (a.k.a. me and prolly most of the others commenting here) and since mr chops most of his spells to peices, he typically is reduced to a tower killer or last shoter. With his abilty to continually increase his ap though, 1500 damage darkmatters still hurt no matter how much mr an enemy has, and I can truthfully say that a garen with over 300-400 mr (my entire team except for one person was ap for the game) is not easy to kill mid and even late game. Come late game though, I was finally able to have used my q enough to even the game and kill him 1v1 after our teams killed each other (i still wish i had that replay, mind you the only thing that saved me was my ulting coming back up and my crazy standard build: AA, Hat, Lichbane, Hextechgunblade (for the lichbane lifesteal and damage slow), Sorcer boots, and a fully stacked Soulstealler (if you cant fully stack it, dont play veigar XD)). However without the ability to continually raise your ap level as veigar, what else do you have? Nothing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bees

Senior Member

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDoUTortureMeSo View Post
Cap Veigar's q and he is no longer veigar. If you want to get rid of one of the things that makes a champion great, then just get rid of the champion. I personally main Veigar and a few others. I like to get between 1200-1400 ap before the game ends if it lasts 45-60 mins. but obvi that doesnt always happen. Most enemy champions with build banshees and mr the instant they start seeing a pro-Veigar (a.k.a. me and prolly most of the others commenting here) and since mr chops most of his spells to peices, he typically is reduced to a tower killer or last shoter. With his abilty to continually increase his ap though, 1500 damage darkmatters still hurt no matter how much mr an enemy has, and I can truthfully say that a garen with over 300-400 mr (my entire team except for one person was ap for the game) is not easy to kill mid and even late game. Come late game though, I was finally able to have used my q enough to even the game and kill him 1v1 after our teams killed each other (i still wish i had that replay, mind you the only thing that saved me was my ulting coming back up and my crazy standard build: AA, Hat, Lichbane, Hextechgunblade (for the lichbane lifesteal and damage slow), Sorcer boots, and a fully stacked Soulstealler (if you cant fully stack it, dont play veigar XD)). However without the ability to continually raise your ap level as veigar, what else do you have? Nothing.
What if the cap is really high, like it can proc 40 times per ability lvl (max 200 at lvl 5) That would be far more than most people are able to use it, and would keep it from being abused by extemely skilled players that are able to get higher. Maybe those extremely skilled players are keeping veigar held back in a way?


12