Blitzcrank Tweak

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RobertFreeman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

I find Blitzcrank's build to be confusing. It's something like... Manamune + tanky. Maybe some AP. Or maybe some more AD. Definitely get max CDR. Uh... Just build everything.

It's not that he's a hybrid character. I've seen those. Just something about... This skill becomes great if you build him this way, but otherwise, it's lame. And that skill becomes great if you build him that way, but... Meh.

Particularly annoying to me is his lack of AP ratio. He seems to be magey, but just can't be, because of his meh overall AP ratios. So if you want magey, you're actually just going to build tanky with massive CDR.

My suggestion? Get rid of his AP ratios, and instead, give him... Mana ratios! This will consolidate Blitzcrank's core into something like Manamune + Frozen Heart + BV, plus whatever CDR or tankiness or mana you want to grab from there. Since you can power up Manamune by building more Mana, you don't need to build more AD on him to make E and W work, and he ends up having both offensive capabilities, and his passive, dependent on that one simple stat. I don't mean for this to be a buff, so if his mana ratios have to be low, that's fine. But... Simplify, simplify!

Lucid1llusion

07-10-2011

Don't like this idea . . . my favorite thing about Blitz is his versatility. The higher tier players will tell you to play him as tanky dps, others try playing him AP, and most people think he is a tank. What he really is, is an initiator with very interesting forms of CC.
CDR is the only truely important stat for him imo. This allows him to support his team in whatever way you choose(ap, ad, tank). If you take away these choices by changing his scaling, thus limiting his builds, he becomes a very bland champ to play.

Personally my build ends up being - philo stone, tear, boots 1, glacial shroud, sheen

this gives me about 35% cdr. Afterwards I get anything from an abyssal scepter to banshee's veil for MR and finishfrozen heart for max cdr.
Finish each of the original items, and have room for a 6th and sell philo stone if it gets that late in the game.

I usuallyplay likea support character early game, and forego last hitting. I use mpen reds for better farming mid game and tend to lean a little toward AP because of that. But I dont have to if we have an ap heavy team comp cause blitz is so versetile.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

i like it, it'd make ppl wanna build him with tons of mana like ryze to do damage but also give them the benefit from his passive only problem i can see is it might end up being a bit op if u stack mana tank items like zonya's hourglass and frozen heart. and blitz's shield is gonna be like a second health bar.

Benthon1

07-10-2011

Would love to see something like this. Blitz is too hybrid. Giving him a more concrete focus would be good.