Best Build For Shen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

freedomchanwoo

07-10-2011

What's the best build for shen nowadays? Can anyone tell me?

The Kir0s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

You're better off going tanky with a small sliver of AP with Shen (for late game).

Usual Build (in order):

Doran's Shield - You get some of that sweet HP/Regen, HP (Ki strike!) and armor. My must starter item.

Boots (turned into Merc treads or Ninja Tabi) - Merc if there is CC, usual choice. Ninja Tabi only comes out if there is just AD up the wazoo, which rarely happens.

Heart of Gold - BIG health boost (KI STRIKE!), gold/5 is always good and can be turned into Randuin's Omen later.

Sunfire Cape - You're going to be at the heart of your team fights, marking squshies with Vopal, so pumpin out damage every second helps. Plus it's health! (Ki Striiiiike!)

FoN - HP regen and MR, a optimal piece to make Shen well-rounded.

Then from here's it's all situational choices:

Heart of Gold -> Randuin's Omen - A usual choice for team fights with heavy AD, helps a lot and it's active is second to non.

Thronmail - SO MUCH ARMOR, if AD is getting you down. Get this and laugh as Xin or Yi kills themselves on your ninja body.

Banshee's Veil - Great HP boost which effects your passive,MR and a chance to block on ability every 45secs, good pick.

Warmog's - If you're just having the game of your life, getting mad gold, last hitting like a boss on everything. This is an item to consider, you'll snowball into a nearly unkillable force of ninja godliness. It also synergies with the next time so well.

Atma's Impaler - Gives you some armor and crit (lame), but the most important thing is that is goes hand in hand with your passive, you want HP, Shen is an HP fiend. This gives you more AD from your health. With Ki Strike, you get 8% of your health as bonus damage every 8 seconds (or faster if champs are hitting you), this rocks.

My last item, I usually get, is not recommended by many but I think it's amazing:

Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Tons of Health (for your passive), AP to help all your abilities, slows for team fights and ganks. It's expensive, but Shen can almost passively farm late game.

Remember! To sell Doran's as it's get into late game.
Runes:

Marks - Flat Magic Pen
Seals - Flat Armor
Glyphs - Scaling MR (AP gets ridiculous late game, do what you can to slow them early)

Masteries:

1/21/8

1 point in Exhaust, because you're awesome at last hit thanks to Ki strike and you have no slows.

21 in Defense because Shen is a tank and everything there synergies with him so well.

8 in utility for health regen, ghost and xp boost.

All in all, if you have a good team, can initiate right and use Shadow Dash correctly, ESPECIALLY UNDER TURRETS FOR GREEDY ENEMY KILLS. Shen is excellent split pusher and use your ult to turn 1v1 fights and 2v1 ganks around. Shen, all things considered, can be one, if not, the best tank in the game.

Hope this helps.

NiNja KoLLA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

open the box with a dorans shield, buy mercury treads, next up is aegis of the leigon u should get this asap, next buy FoN/randuins omen [depending on enemy team] next is sunfire cape. you can later sell the dorans for a better item which is GA!

1) MECURY TREADS
2)AEGIS OF THE LEGON
3)RANDUINS OMEN
4)SUNFIRE CAPE
5)FORCE OF NATURE
6) GUARDIAN ANGLE

WCsharp

07-10-2011

HoG
Warmogs
Beserker Greaves
FoN
Randuins
Thornmail
Anything

That's mine, usually works quite well. Typically the wild card is either a tenacity item or a frozen mallet

The Kir0s

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNja KoLLA View Post
open the box with a dorans shield, buy mercury treads, next up is aegis of the leigon u should get this asap, next buy FoN/randuins omen [depending on enemy team] next is sunfire cape. you can later sell the dorans for a better item which is GA!

1) MECURY TREADS
2)AEGIS OF THE LEGON
3)RANDUINS OMEN
4)SUNFIRE CAPE
5)FORCE OF NATURE
6) GUARDIAN ANGLE
How could forget the Aegis?! I concur with the Aegis choice as well, very useful early and mid game. There is also a aura Shen build I think could work...maybe.

freedomchanwoo

07-10-2011

thank you evveryone

freedomchanwoo

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFATS View Post
You're better off going tanky with a small sliver of AP with Shen (for late game).

Usual Build (in order):

Doran's Shield - You get some of that sweet HP/Regen, HP (Ki strike!) and armor. My must starter item.

Boots (turned into Merc treads or Ninja Tabi) - Merc if there is CC, usual choice. Ninja Tabi only comes out if there is just AD up the wazoo, which rarely happens.

Heart of Gold - BIG health boost (KI STRIKE!), gold/5 is always good and can be turned into Randuin's Omen later.

Sunfire Cape - You're going to be at the heart of your team fights, marking squshies with Vopal, so pumpin out damage every second helps. Plus it's health! (Ki Striiiiike!)

FoN - HP regen and MR, a optimal piece to make Shen well-rounded.

Then from here's it's all situational choices:

Heart of Gold -> Randuin's Omen - A usual choice for team fights with heavy AD, helps a lot and it's active is second to non.

Thronmail - SO MUCH ARMOR, if AD is getting you down. Get this and laugh as Xin or Yi kills themselves on your ninja body.

Banshee's Veil - Great HP boost which effects your passive,MR and a chance to block on ability every 45secs, good pick.

Warmog's - If you're just having the game of your life, getting mad gold, last hitting like a boss on everything. This is an item to consider, you'll snowball into a nearly unkillable force of ninja godliness. It also synergies with the next time so well.

Atma's Impaler - Gives you some armor and crit (lame), but the most important thing is that is goes hand in hand with your passive, you want HP, Shen is an HP fiend. This gives you more AD from your health. With Ki Strike, you get 8% of your health as bonus damage every 8 seconds (or faster if champs are hitting you), this rocks.

My last item, I usually get, is not recommended by many but I think it's amazing:

Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Tons of Health (for your passive), AP to help all your abilities, slows for team fights and ganks. It's expensive, but Shen can almost passively farm late game.

Remember! To sell Doran's as it's get into late game.
Runes:

Marks - Flat Magic Pen
Seals - Flat Armor
Glyphs - Scaling MR (AP gets ridiculous late game, do what you can to slow them early)

Masteries:

1/21/8

1 point in Exhaust, because you're awesome at last hit thanks to Ki strike and you have no slows.

21 in Defense because Shen is a tank and everything there synergies with him so well.

8 in utility for health regen, ghost and xp boost.

All in all, if you have a good team, can initiate right and use Shadow Dash correctly, ESPECIALLY UNDER TURRETS FOR GREEDY ENEMY KILLS. Shen is excellent split pusher and use your ult to turn 1v1 fights and 2v1 ganks around. Shen, all things considered, can be one, if not, the best tank in the game.

Hope this helps.
thanks dude

freedomchanwoo

07-10-2011

hey people i also had a build of mobility boots, dorans shield, thornmail, hextech gunblade
and my masteries were like 8/0/18 or something and it worked out pretty well for two games

Ploomstar

07-10-2011

Usually start with ruby crystal, giving me a nice 813 hp at lvl 1 (health quints). Then go

Heart of Gold -> Merc Treads

Then depending on enemy team comp I build def or MR accordingly.

If team consists of lots physical dps: Tryn, Ashe, Vayne, Xin:

Randequin's Omen -> Thornmail -> Sunfire Cape -> Rylais/Abyssal Scepter/FoN -> Warmogs/Frozen Mallet

For heavy AP team I go:

Force of Nature -> Sunfire Cape -> Abyssal Scepter -> Omen/Quicksilver Sash (free cleanse) -> Guardian Angel -> (sell heart of gold) and get anything you want. Depending on how well I'm doing I would get Omen (don't sell HoG) or Thorn or Quicksilver or Warmogs to balance the AD on their team.

freedomchanwoo

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploomstar View Post
Usually start with ruby crystal, giving me a nice 813 hp at lvl 1 (health quints). Then go

Heart of Gold -> Merc Treads

Then depending on enemy team comp I build def or MR accordingly.

If team consists of lots physical dps: Tryn, Ashe, Vayne, Xin:

Randequin's Omen -> Thornmail -> Sunfire Cape -> Rylais/Abyssal Scepter/FoN -> Warmogs/Frozen Mallet

For heavy AP team I go:

Force of Nature -> Sunfire Cape -> Abyssal Scepter -> Omen/Quicksilver Sash (free cleanse) -> Guardian Angel -> (sell heart of gold) and get anything you want. Depending on how well I'm doing I would get Omen (don't sell HoG) or Thorn or Quicksilver or Warmogs to balance the AD on their team.
thank you so much