What ever happened to the Monkey King??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l ZeriLynX l

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

My friends and I were so psyched to see that Riot was make a Monkey King Champion and we were already starting to save for him but unfortunately he never came out, so I am just wondering what was to reasons why he didn't come out (if anyone knows)??

P.S. I know this is kinda late to ask this question

GalacticFlame

07-10-2011

I think he got delayed due to the championship, I might go as far as to say he might be the next champion release. Don't take my word for it though.

Ajoltz

07-10-2011

I believe that it was a champion preview. They plan to release it sometime in the near future. Next champ released should be the crystal scorpion thingy, which they leaked along with Yorick and Leona.

Strider594

07-10-2011

From what I understand it will skarnar next and then probably the Monkey King, even though I'm totally with you, we want the MK RIOT! MONKEY KING!!!!

Best Jax NA

07-10-2011

I'm placing my bets on that he's going to be a NPC Boss in the next map, Magma Chambers.

Jorison

07-10-2011

Riot said that the would release Monkey King after season 1 ended/when season 2 began. That was supposed to be mid-end June, unfortunately, Riot got a little behind in their work and the three champions that they announced at the games (who would supposedly preceded the MK) were delayed. Yorick came out very UP, so they had to tweak him a lot to make him into what he is now, then they tried to release Leona 2 weeks later and made the servers completely unstable, so Leona will be released next week. As for skarner, I think we won't see him for another month or so. So as for the MK and season 2 beginning, you're probably gonna have to wait until the end of summer. :/

BTW @ Bobby Vang: I hope not, since Riot gave up on Magma Chambers. It won't be released till next year or so. They said it in an interview at the competition. ><

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

He's not being released for a while. They gave a sneak peek of him, that's it. He was never "the next champion". Just a look at something down the road. They made this very clear.