Heimer: call me a mad scientist but what if...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePharmacist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2010

Hello People
I have an idea for a heimer build that sounds crazy enough to work!

ok, so I play heimer frequently, hes my main. (although I liked him more before the patch changes)

anyways from my heimer experiences, in the higher ELO its rare for the enemy to be idiotic enough to
wander into an area where your turrets are waiting, and often the kills I get in the games are when the enemy fights me near my turrets so its like a time game to see who dies first, me or the other guy.

since AP doesnt effect the turret damage by a lot I was considering other ways to increase damage.

to increase damage you can either do more damage, or lower their armor, so I was thinking
what if you built a heimer whos strategy was to tenderize the enemy for the turrets to take apart, namely by using "the black cleaver". this strategy is counter intuitive, but Im sure turrets can do a lot more damage if the enemy has their armor lowered by 30 or 40. for this setup you would need to increase heimer's atack rate until it reaches 1 atack per second, and you would need to increase heimer's survivability.

what do you heimer fans think?
am I a mad scientist, or simply an idealistic lunatic?

Adel Dijerek

04-17-2010

Towers already reduce armor. More Arpen is always good, but that seems like overkill. Increasing your survivability makes more sense if you find yourself constantly "racing" enemies to see who dies first.

Terroronyou

04-17-2010

Not for me, I tend to go for AP for bombs n rockets, overall turrets are used to farm and to create a 'barrier' in which it forces people in that area to stay back if they are solo, or even duo. Also, sometimes they can think that you can easily be killed solo. A few times I had 2-3 turrets near me, and two people come and attack. Just pop ultimate and use your stun bomb to kite them and the turrets do a good enough job .

Overall, turrets are more utility than damage and in high ELO games increasing their damage won't prove to help a lot.

DrHood

04-17-2010

I agree with what the other guys say. AP is the way to go--you can more than double the damage of your turrets with it, and your grenades and rockets hit like a TRUCK. Hiding turrets in higher-traffic bushes is key.

Crappo

04-17-2010

Mad scientist.

Akyio

04-17-2010

AP and magic pen is the way to go.
Your turrets do more damage when you have more magic penetration, so this is pretty good, with sorc shoes and void staff its good enough. Also if you have something like haunting guise + magic pen runes + mastery, you can pretty much kill all towers from distance while pushing, or hiding against wall.

But still heimer needs something like def item, actually aegis is pretty good.. It used to give aura, but now after change as far as i can see, it gives the previous effect to you + aura which is slightly weaker than before, so you get nice defense and something to your turrets to help them survive.
but still AP heimer is probably the best.. Or you can go hybrid tank with Roa + Rylai~

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2010

I prefer Soul Shroud over Aegis. While a few added damage is good, I think SS works much better for me.
With the CDR, masteries, and his passive, you will be at max CDR as soon as you get level 3 Upgrade. Then you can really invest in AP. The CDR and mana aura from the armor is also great for your allied champions.

Jman69

04-17-2010

Just stack AP.

Dorian Ring + health pot (sell the ring at some point and get Haunting Guise)
Sorc Shoes
Archangle Staff
Mejai
Zhoyna
Void Staff

Xocolatl

04-17-2010

Does Heimer really need Doran early? Sure, it gives good stat. But seriously--who's going to be dealing damage to him when he's turtling behind the **** mobile turret. The HP would be wasted, and AP is too insignificant to be noticed on his spells. Wouldn't you be better off rushing a better item? Heimer can farm like mad, so he doesn't have to expose himself to finish the first item in timely manner anyway.

crimsonlyre

04-17-2010

Build Heimer for tank- his ratios aren't amazing, and everyone will be trying to bum-rush him since he has no reliable escape mechanic, and happens to be one of the slowest champions. Aegis was made for him- the +damage aura applies to turrets (since you were looking for a way to buff them), then with chalice and merc/tabi, your defenses are already pretty impressive. Rylais is great for any tanky ap build, but the slow is largely redundant on heimer due to upgrade, but Guardian Angel also tends to be a staple, as your turrets stay up while in stasis, and can nab you more kills while they wait for you to rerez. Stick near your turrets, and don't let them hit you too often, and just run around throwing rockets/stun grenades. Works great for me, as I have frequently had 2 or 3 of the enemy try and gank me in TT, only to get slowed by upgrade, while i run around my turrets, and they all die.