Good?

Yes 1 11.11%
Yes with tweaks 3 33.33%
No 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Pantheon: My Spiel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akazonae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

So. First.

Pantheon is classified as an assassin. I think there are two branching points, where he could be taken to be a fighter, or an assassin. I will list my rework ideas for both sides.

Fighter:
Aegis: Number of hits to proc upped to 5-6, but make it a full fledge BV effect.
Q: Procs on hit effects.
W: Ok with aegis change
E: Pantheon needs to gain some armor and MR while channeling.
R: With global change, radius reduced slightly, channel time decreased, damage reduced slightly but normalized, enemies caught in skyfall get knocked up.

Assassin:
Aegis: As above
Q: As above
W: As Above
E: Changed to a dash/damage skillshot.
R: With global change, radius greatly reduced, channel time decreased, enemy champions caught get rooted for a time.

If any questions as to why I did certain changes, comments, criticisms, and whatnot, feel free.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

um fighters are just meleer champs with survivability and assassins are champs who have some kind of quick engagement it's not uncommon for one of them to have both those attributes.

Akazonae

07-10-2011

Actually, fighters are survivable sustained DPS champions, while assassins are single target high DPS champions with low survivability.

It's pretty much impossible to make a balanced champion that fits both of these roles, and your comment doesn't really help or add anything. Thanks for replying though

HolloPoint

07-10-2011

I play pantheon mainly as an anti carry/high DPS role. As far as pantheons ultimate goes, it's only useful now to farm creeps. There is no way with this metagame that his ult will do anything other then miss and or get him killed.

I think the best way to do his ult would be to channel like shens ult, but on the enemy. He should be able to pick an enemy to channel onto(same channeling time) and land on this particular enemy stunning or knocking them up while doing reduced damage to the area surrounding.

kavinh the third

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akazonae View Post
Actually, fighters are survivable sustained DPS champions, while assassins are single target high DPS champions with low survivability.

It's pretty much impossible to make a balanced champion that fits both of these roles, and your comment doesn't really help or add anything. Thanks for replying though
then why's katarina,pan and kennen marked as assasins? it's not strong single targets it's just they have some way to engage the enemy quickly. and mind telling me how nocturne and lee sin have low survivability?

Akazonae

07-10-2011

Yes, exceptions to the archetype invalidate the archetype *roll*. And Riot always classifies things perfectly

kavinh the third

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akazonae View Post
Yes, exceptions to the archetype invalidate the archetype *roll*. And Riot always classifies things perfectly
if it's single target skills then u could name over half the champs that aren't assasins and say they are, is veiger an assasin? according to u he is but no he isn't.

MythMyen

07-10-2011

Speaking of assassin, I thought LeBlanc at the first place.
A good assassin has a skill to rush to enemy like her distortion or Akali's and Kassadin's ultra in my opinion.
Veigar is a damage bursting cannon but he's acting more like throwing super bomb to enemy like the way Lux does but not rush to enemy's side and take his life.

Akazonae

07-10-2011

..he's a mage. Typically less tanky than even assassins, ranged with good damage, aoe, and cc, but highly cooldown dependent and not mobile. Really, if I have to explain the basic concepts of classes you don't even belong in feedback.