Yorick...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autocthon

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by t43BAWS View Post
the problem with yorik is not that he is a bad concept or done wrong, but its that most of the ad champs who have there abilities scale off from ad have that one ability that is at a 120% of ad or 165%. were as yorik only has his 100% of his ad or ad added... if his q had a more proper scale then he could be seen as good champion.
*points to ghouls*

Gamopanagias

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutherLuver View Post
No offense that sounds like a terrible build for Yorick.
i could tell the same if i hadn't try it... I Did 28-10-19 in a game that was nearly lost... I was the only one that survived in 3 team fights and at last i took the game by my self... Add a thornmail i had as a last items cause of 3 mellee damage we had against. I quadra killed Xin caitlyn heimer and yi by myself!

thecoyl

07-10-2011

YORICK IS OP! Just stop getting manamune....

HEX Zero Limitz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

I dont need to build manamune when I play yorick. (No mana runes) I do ok mana wise but still think ima switch ignite for clarity and then I'm set 4ever.

MutherLuver

07-10-2011

Why are people thumbs downing the posts that say don't get mana items? Lots of people don't know how to play Yorick correctly it seems.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-10-2011

Quote:
Why are people thumbs downing the posts that say don't get mana items? Lots of people don't know how to play Yorick correctly it seems.
I've been noticing that too. Noobs be trollin the good suggestions.

Magless

07-10-2011

Quote:
Okay, well let's assume that some people may not know exactly WHY mana items are bad, or how to play Yorick correctly. Maybe some enlightenment on this issue would help?

Not meaning to sound snarky, I'm just trying to learn how to use this champ better. I'm fairly new to the game so I'm still trying to figure some of this stuff out.

tmacandcheese

07-10-2011

I have a weird personal recommendation, but it's been my best success. I don't play him as a physical carry, nor a tank, but as a physical caster.

Even though the spotlight recommends Armor Pen runes, I have to disagree, because as those do effect your Q and auto attacks, they don't effect your W and E, because they do Magic damage. Between that, those having more utility, and having more range, I actually get Magic Penetration reds for my runes, along with my usual flat hp quints and mana regen blues/yellows. (I don't always use mana regen blues/yellows, but they're fun on some people, and since I like to spam on this guy, why not? xD)

Masteries I go a very weird setup that I'm still kinda confused why I do it, but it works. It's 9/7/14. Other specs might work much better, I just like this one. In the offense tree I grab the spell pen. In the defense tree I grab the MR, one point into armor, then the Spirit of Strength (I think that's what it's called. It's on the second row and not dodge, gives hp regen based on max mana) I grab that because I like to build manamune and tri force, which gives ya a lot of mana, leading to a lot of hp regen. In the utility tree I basically grab all of the regen stuff, doing 3 in regen and 1 in death timers on the first row, xp over mana in the 2nd row, full regen and neutral buffs on the 3rd row, and flash on the 4th.

Skill wise I like to go EWEQEREWEWRWWQQRQQ, because the Q can only be used in melee range, and I like to play him as a poker/harasser by doing a W/E combo, allowing your 2 ghouls to stay attacking with the slow, getting hp back, and chunking about a third of a fourth of most champion's hp per harass.. I play a lot of AP champions, so this is how my playstyle normally is, not tanky melee dps. I've tried the physical way of maxing Q first and such, and it just didn't give me as good of results.

Item wise I start with a Meki Pendant, build into a tear, basic boots, manamune, spell pen shoes, sheen, tri force, frozen mallet, atma's impaler, then anything else you'd need.

This setup gets me just below 300 damage (without the 6th item) and a lot of nuking ability, spamability, and a great amount of damage. Even though I'm speccing and runeing for magic pen, your Q can still do a great amount of damage, and team fights are fun.

For team fights, I play like most AP pokers, throwing out harassing before the fight gets initiated. As soon as the fight breaks out, keep that combo going until somebody starts getting focused on your team (preferably the tank) because people don't want to stop committing to their target, you should be generally safe to run in and throw your Q in with the combo, ult whoever is being focused, and roam throughout the fight with your combos and killin stuff.

Most may end up disagreeing with me, but this also worked when Yorick was considered "Underpowered" when he was first released. My friends started even asking if I was a hacker =P It was kinda funny lol =P But regardless, don't hate it till ya try it, or till ya get killed by it <(^.^<)

tmacandcheese

07-10-2011

Oh, and if I may add with the Mana items talk, I love mana items on him. Manamune mostly. I understand why it's not considered a good thing to most people, especially in high ELO games, but that doesn't mean there aren't benefits. Simply getting mana regen items on him allows you to spam his ghouls, making him resistant to 15% of damage, and increasing his damage by 15% in the process. He relies on spells slightly more than the average champion IMO, so a bit of mana regen can't HURT can it?

EightBit Captain

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisparrot View Post
Dont get Manamune. If you cant play without Manamune just quit as yorick. please.
That's why u can't play yorick...