Yorick...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helghast101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

I like yoricks concept but he still feels useless on the team. He still does very little damage. His ghouls don't do diddely. And I have still yet to see a good yorick. Supposedly his buffs made him viable.

Any ideas on good builds, so I actually do something?

heav3nshallburn

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helghast101 View Post
I like yoricks concept but he still feels useless on the team. He still does very little damage. His ghouls don't do diddely. And I have still yet to see a good yorick. Supposedly his buffs made him viable.

Any ideas on good builds, so I actually do something?
You're a bad yorick if you think he doesn't do damage... if you pop your ulti you should be able to drop people like they're nothing

Elanuzuru

07-09-2011

All viable builds are.

Full tank w/ Chalice of harmony.
Full AD w/ Manamune
Hybrid tank ad with whatever you think will work.

Plus, Yorick adds a ton of intensity to teambattles simply by being able to so frequently put out ghouls and damaging spells. cooldown reduction works well for him.

AnitaHanjob

07-09-2011

Yeah. If you go full tank then I strongly suggest Chalice of Harmony. Manamune for any non-tank/hybrid build.

If you play smart and only reserve your skills for harass or actual fights, then you can probably get away with a philo stone at the beginning, although I'm still kind of torn on that. It doesn't always feel like there is enough mana regen with philo stone to make up for the small mana pool.

MrRado

07-09-2011

Post-patching I've been playing with builds and I definitely drop people quickly. Not to mention some good CDR popping all your ghouls for the extra 20% reduced damage and rez, good times. All in all, fun champ. Can't speak much for ELO though, I do not feel I'm up to snuff for those yet.

Conncept

07-09-2011

He does damage well enough now, but that doesn't mean he's completely fixed. He can burst all four abilities at once to deal a ton of damage, as well as significantly increase his AD. His problem is that he is completely out of mana once he does this AD burst. You can buy mana items to fix this, but it cuts into your AD and HP items, which can really damage your build.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-09-2011

I went 19/6/12 with:
Trinity Force
Merc Treads
Warmogs
Atmas Impaler
Banshee's Vail
Glacial Shroud (Would have eventually gotten this up to Frozen Heart)

Kirschwasser

07-09-2011

Manamune is necessary as you'll want to focus on E and W over Q. Q is awesome but getting in range is improbable as Yorick has no gap closer. Make sure to pack Ghost and Flash to make up for this weakness. Spirit Visage is great as it makes his E that much better and gives him some much needed health and cooldown reduction. Atma's Impaler is another awesome choice as it together with Manamune will bump your AD up by quite a bit. Frozen Mallet is an obvious choice. That said, until he has his ultimate changed for something worthwhile I don't foresee Yorick ever being a very popular choice. Wish they would have kept his old one for some much needed CCing but I still enjoy him.

DoomScar

07-09-2011

Merc. Treads
Manamune
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver
Force of Nature
Guardian Angel

Omanicle

07-10-2011

Dont get Manamune. If you cant play without Manamune just quit as yorick. please.