Let's Talk About AP Tristana.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lizto

07-18-2011

I REALLY doubt you can blow someone up from 100% hp at level 6, mainly because Ive played AP trist and you simply cant, also, trist doesnt have a stun, and rocket jump can be dodged, while tibbers is hardly dodge-able. To be honest, the damage on trists combo is around the same as annie's, maybe a bit higher, however, annies damage is alot more reliable. Also trist rocket jump implies you spending your escape to close in on someone, if you get ganked, youre dead. Annie doesnt have to jump so far ahead, she can summon tibbers from far behind, so getting ganked while she commits doesnt leave her as vulnerable.

Foodhi

07-18-2011

I play Tristana a lot and haven't tried AP, but it seems like your already strong early game would be slighly improved, but you would become quite useless late game since your main attack will be to jump into the middle of the opposing team where I imagine you would die relatively quickly.

Like someone said before, at level 6, AD tristana is not all that different from AP trist since you haven't gotten very many items yet. However, at lvl 18, AD trist can deal considerable consistent damage from a safe range whereas AP trist can only kill people when her ultimate is up for a jump/buster combo and probably dies shortly after with no escape mechanisms left.

Baksteent

07-18-2011

what are you guys talking about? Bad farm? Just last hit the way you should and dont auto-attack like a ******... I am quite sure the passive damage from explosive shot is also based on AP which means you vaporize minion waves more than you do as AD tristana.

Seems quite viable but you would have to wait until somebody is nearly dead I guess, otherwise you'll just jump in to find out that you have no escape.

MyThotsKeepMeAFK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Then the laning phase ends. Your enemy buys BVeil. You have now been rendered useless.

Her AP ratios are AMAZING.Her cooldowns are horrible, Rocket Jump being the exception - IF someone dies.

Stick to auto-attacking.

Good AP ratios does not necessarily equal AP Carry viability. It might work in 3s, but in 5s, there are much better options. AP Trist is not more 'threatening' than Annie at level 6, because after Annie uses her combo, in just a couple of seconds she's ready for round two.

If you want to play an AP carry where you can instant-kill any other enemy middle who over-extends, play Malzahar.

That said, you typically don't go back to base to get any significant AP before 6 anyway. That tells me that AD Trist can do roughly the same level 6 burst that AP Trist can. Change up your Runes and skill order for a stronger, burstier early game if that's your preference, but don't ignore that she is a much better AD carry than AP.
he's right and summed it up.

Nea De Penserhir

07-18-2011

Annie stuns you as you jump in, cone fires and drops a bear on you.

First blood Annie.

vDASHIEv

07-19-2011

AP tristana is probably the strongest underused build in the game.

Redenbacher

07-19-2011

If her cooldowns weren't so long, you'd be absolutely correct. Because of that, she's just a weaker version of Poppy.

SlimJimm13

07-19-2011

Yes, that does sound incredibly overpowered. However, it really isn't.

Like others mentioned, her cooldowns are a nightmare. As well, she has no CC at all except her ult which is a single target disposition. You'd have to have some really coordinated team mates and good timing to pull it off.

Also, neither LeBlanc nor Kass are early game champs. They're best mid game because they are ult-dependent. Kass is even later as his nuke is much more item dependent.