Gangplank's Remove Scurvy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crzymdscntst

07-10-2011

Precisely the idea of hitting it's cooldown. Early game it can be used at a rate that makes it rather ridiculous changing it from a skillful escape tool to a simple CC/heal thing that I can use the next time they try it.

CC is a power card in this game, champions that can reduce or remove it without needing to buy items for it seem a bit strong. Irelia is a perfect example. She has been high tier for a while now if for no other reason than that CC doesn't quite work very well against her, meaning champions who depend on it might see themselves having difficulty against her.

Likewise, Gangplank isn't using it to get out of CC when he needs to, but instead removing it every almost every single time he's hit with it.

Tyrantherus

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegos94 View Post
My problem with this is, it stops malzahars ultimate. Not even cleanse does that. and yes, i got dominated mid by gangplank, his crit shot pummeled my hp bar and the only fallback i had was my ult. which every time i popped it, *NOMNOMORANGES* and it stopped....
Although cleanse doesn't stop it, Quicksilver Sash does. Also, Gangplank isn't the only one who can escape malz's ult with their built in toolkit. Theres Olaf thanks to his ult (Although has to be used before malz ult), Alistar's ult, and Morgana's black shield if they haven't changed that yet, can't recall...

1vhuZ71qkXu6AkRT

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegos94 View Post
My problem with this is, it stops malzahars ultimate. Not even cleanse does that. and yes, i got dominated mid by gangplank, his crit shot pummeled my hp bar and the only fallback i had was my ult. which every time i popped it, *NOMNOMORANGES* and it stopped....
i think that the only problem he have they should change it,outher then that he is normal melee carry with low servivle and high dmg same as yi or trynda

Wriste

07-10-2011

Frankly, if you end up building CDR boots and enough CDR to get it down that low, you're sacrificing a lot of survivability or other stats. This tends towards glass cannon GP builds which are less reliable.

(Also, if you complain about not CCing him as Malzahar, you have officially failed in your duty to notice that he did that beforehand.)

That said, I wouldn't mind if GP took a little longer to wind up his stacks. 6 sounds reasonable, with a slightly lower slow amount.

TruLife Buttchug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-10-2011

buy thornmail. gp is countered.

use a stun, save a stun, W is countered. wtf is with all the whining? If your team doesnt have enough CC to deal with gangplanks cleanse than make a team with more CC.

Seems crazy I know.

Amariithynar

07-10-2011

Yes, because you can reliably have two stuns timed that perfectly not coming from the same character. owait.

There's also the fact that lifesteal makes him insane. And that he can outrun anyone in the game chasing or escaping (excepting maybe Zil who slows Gang, rewinds, speeds self... assuming gang can't cleanse)

right now Gang has way too much going for him. It's not balanced.

Man of God2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

I think this guy needs an orange, low cool down my left butt cheek!

TruLife Buttchug

Recruiter

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amariithynar View Post
Yes, because you can reliably have two stuns timed that perfectly not coming from the same character. owait.

There's also the fact that lifesteal makes him insane. And that he can outrun anyone in the game chasing or escaping (excepting maybe Zil who slows Gang, rewinds, speeds self... assuming gang can't cleanse)

right now Gang has way too much going for him. It's not balanced.
Amariithynar, no offense but your last post was poorly thought out.

>>Yes, because you can reliably have two stuns timed that perfectly not coming from the same character. owait.

Yes you can, do you have any idea how unbelievably bad you just made yourself sound? Why why why why would that be hard to do? I am baffled.

>>There's also the fact that lifesteal makes him insane. And that he can outrun anyone in the game chasing or escaping (excepting maybe Zil who slows Gang, rewinds, speeds self... assuming gang can't cleanse)

Lifesteal makes AD carries insane if you don't build to counter them. Besides, with their lower health the health they gain is still not going to let them survive a good focus. facts.
Many people can chase down Gangplank. Try CC then exhaust after he uses his W. also, ghost! And the fact that you chose Zilean as the only one who could keep up with him is real weird.

michelada

07-10-2011

GP its still OP, u cant go 1v1 against him early/mid/late game , its just stupid.

Bernkastar

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnNuAL FIST View Post
buy thornmail. gp is countered.
No he isn't. If you're a squishy carry trying to buy Thornmail as survivability against GP (I've tried that with Ezreal), you're still getting dropped. I was shocked how little Thornmail did. It took GP an extra hit to kill me. Big whoop.

Stop saying "buy Thornmail:" if melee champions are countered that easily, they're in the garbage tier, which is not the case. You needed to be a full-on tank with at least 3 armor items to mitigate GP's damage significantly.