Gangplank's Remove Scurvy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crzymdscntst

07-09-2011

As of late he's been coming off as "OP" as many say, but that's just how crit-based champs tend to seem. (Tryndamere as a perfect reference) Does this make them OP? hardly.

What do I personally see as a problem with GP? His "Remove Scurvy" (W) skill. I have yet to see a case where it's not abused because of it's low cooldown and the lack of a need for a Banshee's/QSS/Cleanse spell. Which is pretty fine for me, but it's actual CC removal is happening too rapidly.

What am I proposing here? Add 0.5 - 3 seconds to it, or add 2 seconds at it's first rank and scale it down by 0.5 each level. I feel that this would remove the early-game abuse of it for most cases, which ultimately is what I'm trying to target. As it would scale down to it's original cooldown at max ranks.

What's the idea? Make his Remove Scurvy ability a skill which he has to use judicially, which ultimately should be a case of "I ate some oranges and I was kay." but, not at a almost spammable rate. CC being the counter to many champs, GP does have an innate advantage in this area.

So the actual cooldown might become an issue crippling most strategies and gameplay that make people want to play him? If it does become an issue, perhaps do a couple possible things:
~Lower the mana cost.
and/or
~Tweak the base heal up at most levels.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Are you suggesting adding to the cooldown overall, or adding a channel time? I'm confused.

"Low cooldown" Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's 30 seconds at level 1, something like 15 at 5...it means you have to time it right for the CC break cause people will USUALLY know to hit you with more than one kind. Or they'll hit you with a CC that has a low duration like Pantheon's stun or Shen's taunt so that you'll waste it and be vulnerable for longer CC.

EliardClaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

the problem with gp right now is that he can do a lot, his crit build isnt as reliable as his actual build is. His actual build makes him tankish, with high dmg output, an integrated cleanse, a passive slow (closest thing to that is ashe's slow) global ult, and a team boost that passively makes him one of the fastest (therefore one of the hardest to chase) champs out there.

His utility is very high with all these things making him very good for initiation, chasing, escaping, assisting allies, nuking 1v1, and keeping lane control. Sincerly i dont think a change on his cleanse/heal would help (not because of the reasons most give like "oh hit him with slow or low duration cc so he cleanse it" come on not all gp's are stupid) i would like to ask for a passive nerf.

Either way the way gp is now is very unbalanced. Yes, he doesnt crit for ridiculous amount, but he has a lot of utility for the team than his old hit and run style. He needs some kind of nerf. Come on be honest, pantheon and other champs were nerfed for way less than this

crzymdscntst

07-09-2011

It's cooldown is 22/21/20/19/18, but most GP players build Cdr with their boots that I see. Add in any runes and masteries...

40%cdr gives 8.8sec off at rank 1 and 7.1 at rank 5.
15%cdr from boots that are typical with no runes etc. give 3.3sec off the skill at rank 1 and 2.7 at rank 5.

I'm probably thinking about the rate CC works tends to be a bit longer.

Edit: I'm thinking overall cooldown. So it's ranks would be 24/22.5/21/19.5/18 cooldown.
The actual numbers don't seem big, but it does cut it's speed down early game where it is slightly more of an issue.

crzymdscntst

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliardClaw View Post
I would like to ask for a passive nerf.
They hit that here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcPunchman View Post
Gangplank
  • Grog-Soaked Blade max stacks reduced to 4 from 5.
The Original change:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Gangplank
  • Grog-Soaked Blade
    • No longer reduces healing and regeneration, but now slows movement speed by 7%
    • Now stacks up to 5 times, but duration reduced to 3 seconds from 10
    • Damage changed to 4-21 from 5-19
So Rationally if they are going to hit it's damage, I'd say they could make the damage go from 3-20.

They could rationally increase the stacks back up to anywhere from 5-10, but reduce the slow incurred per hit. That way it's still possible to get max stacks, but the slow will be more gradual.

I'd say max slow of 30% with 5% incurred per hit so 6 max stacks.
If you want less slow per hit and more stacks:
32% max slow and 4% incurred every hit at 8 max stacks. (though maybe keep the max and make it 28% max slow with 7 max stacks)

His passive at this point has enough different points it can change around to balance on it, but he has a speed boost and a slow, which makes him more of a threat for a AD-based champ. I'm thinking making it more gradual would be the way to go.

By reducing the overall time it remains on you, they made it so that the damage doesn't do as much, which is the difference between 4 damage every second for 3 seconds (12) and 5 every second for 10 seconds (50).

EliardClaw

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzymdscntst View Post
They hit that here:
My problem isnt the stacking, it is the slow itself. With this slow gp can have good lane control unless the enemy can outbeat his damage output thanks to his also built in boost of speed. Both of these things combined can make you zone out a 1v1 lane, or help your partner on 2v2 lanes to chase or initiate on the weakest member of the enemy's lane

Pilige

07-10-2011

Right now GP is a strong pick. If you implement the changes you are asking for to Remove Scurvy, he'll be **** again. He's a squishy champ, and thats his escape. And, its been there since beta and no one has brought up a word against it...Riot doesnt want to nerf to melee carries anymore because they are already having a hard time against tanky DPS champs.

HiddenFlames

07-10-2011

Only fix i would like to see on him, for him to unable to cast at all while suppressed. I mean really why the **** dose he have a free QSS - the mr?

crzymdscntst

07-10-2011

Early game, most of the slows people can hit with are anywhere from 10% to 20%, usually scaling toward a late game of upwards to 50%.

Changing the stacks to be more gradual would in fact cut back his "threat" early game as he'd need to hit you more. I mean, if you're going to just stand there and let him hit you upwards of 7-8 times, you will not be able to escape. With a 4% slow you'll see your movespeed drop at a lower rate, however gradual enough to escape if you need to.

Kesterz

07-10-2011

My problem with this is, it stops malzahars ultimate. Not even cleanse does that. and yes, i got dominated mid by gangplank, his crit shot pummeled my hp bar and the only fallback i had was my ult. which every time i popped it, *NOMNOMORANGES* and it stopped....