Best Tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mellllloooo

07-09-2011

i played Galio last night and I enjoyed that... but who do you think is the best tank? i think being a tank suits my playstyle best, because i play very aggressively, and get destroyed using the more squishy, AP/AD/DPS carry kind of champs like TF.

So yeah, which tank is the most recommended?

Jagura

07-09-2011

Im sure alot of people will disagree, but i think Malphite is the best tank.
His ultimate wins team fights easily, and his best skill scales off of armor. Even against a heavy AP team, he still wrecks. Especially if your carry isnt doing their job, he can fill that roll too.

Mellllloooo

07-09-2011

I heard that about Malphite as well. Still would love some more opinions, thanks!

Azellos

07-09-2011

amumu's a great tank. He has a single target stun, an AoE stun, decent AP damage while tanking, and his W does damage based on % of hp per second (which can add up). Alistair is also strong, with a CC, a "pull" (push really), heal, and an ult which makes you almost invincible.

Others are great too, ex. shen and singed are both great if used right. Thoes are just my 2.

Toast Defender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagura View Post
Im sure alot of people will disagree, but i think Malphite is the best tank.
His ultimate wins team fights easily, and his best skill scales off of armor. Even against a heavy AP team, he still wrecks. Especially if your carry isnt doing their job, he can fill that roll too.
Malphite is an offtank at best these days...

His "amazing ultimate" isn't very amazing anymore...Alistar has it on an 8 second CD. So does Janna etc, etc. He just doesn't give a good enough reason to target him and he can't peel aggro off anyone.

Fugitive Unknown

07-09-2011

In my opinion, "best tank" is highly situational. Gallio obviously fares better against magic damage, and group stuns like Malphite work better when you have area damage to back it up. Rammus with thornmail will totally destroy a lot of AD characters. If your opponents have a fed Kat, I hope you have multiple disables on your tank...

Of course, in normal games you don't know, but it's hard to go wrong with Alistar, Rammus or Malphite.

Ali's got great support power thanks to his E. IMO, it used to be broken, now it's merely "good". He has some of the best crowd control in the universe, though it requires a bit of positioning and an aware teammate to really be awesome.

Rammus is one of the only tanks with a good chase ability, and what is easily one of the most powerful CC's in the game (taunt FTW). He also has one of the few Ults that affect towers. Like Ali, he's got two potential disables as well.

Malphite is a bit lighter on the crowd control aspect, but makes up for it with an INCREDIBLE ultimate, and the ability to burst down people at mid level and out harass people with his shield / Q He also hits hard enough to justify status as an off tank / sub carry.

Mellllloooo

07-09-2011

The reason I'm asking this is because squishy assasins really aren't working for me. I want to kill, but they don't suit my play style. I love diving in to combat and stuff, but I die quickly. I need a very tanky character with killing abilities.

Either that, or support.

Etherimp

07-09-2011

I agree.. You sound like you want a Tanky DPS. Try Jarvan, Garen, Mordekaiser, Blitzcrank, Gragas, Nasus, etc.

WTFpaolito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

i say amumu is the best. he is also good at jungling

rekkless

07-09-2011

amumu is slightly less durable than other tanks but brings way more damage and CC to the table, your team HAS to be on the same page as you b/c your initiate ahs such a long range if they dont start running before you pull you will eat 3-4 seconds of their entire teams damage before your team is there, vent helps a lot