Leona.. Sound Familiar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tierbrand

07-10-2011

All of the characters have similarities, it's inevitable in a game that has such a large amount of characters available. Orianna for example, is a combination of Karma and Gragas, with a few of the skill effects switched around.

Eponet

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
This isn't a very good comparison. In fact you could compare Brand's PoF with any other skill that deals damage in a circular area.

Come to think of it...why DOES everything have to be some derivative of a circle? Why can't we have rectangular AoEs?
Lux's Ult is a rectangular AoE

SethCypher

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZJokersWild View Post
How many totally unique and unprecedented abilities do you expect there to be? After a while there are bound to have similarities. None are that different and no other champ has the same line up of them even if they were cloned.
Well...to be frank, Riot CAN be unique but they have to watch out for balance. If you placed a hero from SOTIS in LoL, anyone of them would be unique but they'd be gamebreakingly powerful in LoL.

Tjtj13

07-10-2011

Quote:
Eclipse – Leona raises her shield granting her additional Armor and Magic Resistance for 3 seconds. When the effect ends she deals area of effect damage and increases the duration of the defensive bonuses by 3 seconds if she damages an enemy.

Sion-
Death's Caress - Sion surrounds himself with a damage-absorbing shield. If the shield is not destroyed in 10 seconds then it will explode, dealing damage to surrounding enemies. Cast again after 4 seconds to manually detonate.
I read through most the posts and a couple people comment on this. First its not like sions or garens or anyone with a shield at all. Shields like Sions absorb dmg for him so his hp doesnt get hurt till the shield is depleted. Garens gets a permanent boost from his shields passive and reduces incoming dmg by %. Hers just adds armor and MR for max of 6 seconds so i dont see any real similarities at all. the closest move to it is Ramus' defense curl because it adds flat armor/mr (i know his reflects dmg back but its still the closest skill imo). It does AoE dmg like Sion, true, but Tarics crystal shield thing that surrounds him also explodes too, Its just a aoe skill.

Quote:
Zenith Blade – Leona throws a blade of sunlight that deals damage to all enemies in a line. Leona teleports to the last enemy champion hit by this attack.

Jarvan IV-
Dragon Strike - Jarvan IV extends his lance, dealing physical damage and lowering the Armor of all enemies in its path. Additionally, this will pull Jarvan to his Demacian Standard, knocking up enemies in his path.
Jarvan only pulls to cause knock up if he hits his flag. W/o it he just reduces armor. Leona doesnt cause any CC it just teleports her to the last champion it hits.

Quote:
Solar Flare – After a brief delay, Leona calls down a beam of solar energy dealing damage and slowing enemies. Enemies in the center of the beam are stunned instead of slowed.

Brand-
Pillar of Flame - After a short delay, Brand creates a pillar of flame at a target area, dealing magic damage to enemy units with the area. Units that are ablaze take an additional 25% damage.
Ones a Stun/slow aoe ultimate. the others a aoe basic spell that has increased dmg if target is ablaze. only similarity i see is "After a short delay". to me its like saying Nasus and Brand have similar aoe skills since both show up after a second.

Quote:
Sunlight (Passive) – Leona’s abilities mark the target with sunlight. Allied champions that damage marked targets deal additional damage and consume the mark. *except the whole team gets the benefit.*

Lux-
Illumination(Passive) - Lux's damaging spells charge the target with energy for 6 seconds. Lux's next attack ignites the energy, dealing 20-190 (depending on Lux's level) magic damage to the target.
this is the only one that i personally find pretty similar. but like you said any teammate can proc it, whereas lux is the only one who can use hers. i like it on Leona though. to me it feels like it makes her more of a tank, helping carries deal more dmg with their attacks to get the kill.

realized when i did preview post that this is super long >.<. But there wasnt any malice in this. i've seen a lot of threads about how people think shes too similar to other champs so i just wanted to get my two cents in.