Leona.. Sound Familiar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bridie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
This isn't a very good comparison. In fact you could compare Brand's PoF with any other skill that deals damage in a circular area.

Come to think of it...why DOES everything have to be some derivative of a circle? Why can't we have rectangular AoEs?
Yeah, I realized that when I was looking. So I just used the skill it reminded me of anyways. I mean, with his passive.. it stuns >_> Which is why it was the first skill I immediately thought of when watching the spotlight.

And on your second thought... very good point. Why DON'T we have rectangular AoEs? XD I guess Rumble's almost is though, almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Steelman View Post
Plus, Leona's shield is hardly like Sion's at all. More like Garen's actually.
I could really be a mix of the two. It reminds me of sion's because there is a certain amount of time that goes by before it explodes into a nice AoE damage. How many times have you see sion charge towards you with his shield activated? I bet fighting against Leona you will be remind you of sion's shield more than Garen's.

SethCypher

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
Yeah, I realized that when I was looking. So I just used the skill it reminded me of anyways. I mean, with his passive.. it stuns >_> Which is why it was the first skill I immediately thought of when watching the spotlight.
His passive doesn't stun people, its only his Q that stuns people when their ablazed. His passive sets champions ablaze when they are hit by his spells.

Quote:
I could really be a mix of the two. It reminds me of sion's because there is a certain amount of time that goes by before it explodes into a nice AoE damage. How many times have you see sion charge towards you with his shield activated? I bet fighting against Leona you will be remind you of sion's shield more than Garen's.
Not really, Leona doesn't really gain a damage absorbing shield. She buffs herself and then releases an AoE attack after the buff has ended. All in all the only thing that seems like Sion's shield is the fact that it does damage in an AoE style at the end. You can't stop the explosion like you can with Sion's shield so there is a huge difference there.

Looks Death

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

sincerely, a rectangular AoE damage, would look very ugly

RobertFreeman

07-10-2011

The ulti is not similar to anything, really. The stun is kind of similar to Blitz's knock up. And the shield really reminded me of Sion's, until I heard that it wasn't the flat kind of shield, but the Armor/MR affecting shield. The W is kind of like Amumu's or Jar's move, but has its own unique flare. I was more worried when her skills were described, but when I saw the actual text and saw them in action... She's unique.

iZJokersWild

07-10-2011

How many totally unique and unprecedented abilities do you expect there to be? After a while there are bound to have similarities. None are that different and no other champ has the same line up of them even if they were cloned.

Alex3omg

07-10-2011

A shield that explodes and does damage? Karma has the same thing. Except they're not the same at all. While your examples are 'similar' in a sense they're not identical, or really even that close.

You could just as easily say Veigar and Kog'Maw have the same ability to call down goo/darkness and hit targets after a delay, or Janna and Morgana can both shield people. But honestly those abilities- while similar- are not the same..

So, I guess my point is, yea they're similar in some ways but every ability is going to have something similar. Even Orianna like you said, she has an original way of deploying her powers but you could still compare them to other champs'. Like her slow-ball is kind of similar to Akali's zone in a way, or her protect is a shield, or whatever.

AppIeJUlCE

07-10-2011

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with almost everything you said. The closest one to being the same that you posted would be that Sion's shield does explode like Leona's will but even then they are different in their mechanics. Leona cast cast her's again to explode it, it explodes on its own after 3 seconds and if it hits something it refreshes the shield for another 3 seconds. And even then its armor and magic resistance shield not a damage bubble.

And also, the closest thing to a copied spell you didn't even mention. Renekton's stun is identical to Leona's in the way that it modifies the next autoattack.

ILik3Girls

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
Leona's skills are a mash of different champions.

Abilities:

Shield of Daybreak – Leona charges her shield with the power of the sun causing her next melee attack to deal additional damage and briefly stun the target.

Not really anything the "same" as another champ on this one.

Eclipse – Leona raises her shield granting her additional Armor and Magic Resistance for 3 seconds. When the effect ends she deals area of effect damage and increases the duration of the defensive bonuses by 3 seconds if she damages an enemy.

Sion-
Death's Caress - Sion surrounds himself with a damage-absorbing shield. If the shield is not destroyed in 10 seconds then it will explode, dealing damage to surrounding enemies. Cast again after 4 seconds to manually detonate.

Zenith Blade – Leona throws a blade of sunlight that deals damage to all enemies in a line. Leona teleports to the last enemy champion hit by this attack.

Jarvan IV-
Dragon Strike - Jarvan IV extends his lance, dealing physical damage and lowering the Armor of all enemies in its path. Additionally, this will pull Jarvan to his Demacian Standard, knocking up enemies in his path.

Solar Flare – After a brief delay, Leona calls down a beam of solar energy dealing damage and slowing enemies. Enemies in the center of the beam are stunned instead of slowed.

Brand-
Pillar of Flame - After a short delay, Brand creates a pillar of flame at a target area, dealing magic damage to enemy units with the area. Units that are ablaze take an additional 25% damage.

Sunlight (Passive) – Leona’s abilities mark the target with sunlight. Allied champions that damage marked targets deal additional damage and consume the mark. *except the whole team gets the benefit.*

Lux-
Illumination(Passive) - Lux's damaging spells charge the target with energy for 6 seconds. Lux's next attack ignites the energy, dealing 20-190 (depending on Lux's level) magic damage to the target.

Discuss?
OH GOD... EVERY STUPID PERSON THINKS THAT HE IS ALLOWED TO CRITISIZE THE MECHANIC OF A FREE GAME, THAT IS BEYOND GREAT... GET A LIFE

soz for caps but these things make me furious

Mohrb

07-10-2011

Not every ability can be unique... how many "single target stuns" do we have in the game? Heck, look at Ezrael... everything but his blink is the same skill shot with mild differences... and it's the same thing pantheon and nidalee and brand and olaf and ,,,,, etc.

Bazil the Fox

07-10-2011

is this thread serious?