Leona.. Sound Familiar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bridie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Leona's skills are a mash of different champions.

Abilities:

Shield of Daybreak – Leona charges her shield with the power of the sun causing her next melee attack to deal additional damage and briefly stun the target.

Not really anything the "same" as another champ on this one.

Eclipse – Leona raises her shield granting her additional Armor and Magic Resistance for 3 seconds. When the effect ends she deals area of effect damage and increases the duration of the defensive bonuses by 3 seconds if she damages an enemy.

Sion-
Death's Caress - Sion surrounds himself with a damage-absorbing shield. If the shield is not destroyed in 10 seconds then it will explode, dealing damage to surrounding enemies. Cast again after 4 seconds to manually detonate.

Zenith Blade – Leona throws a blade of sunlight that deals damage to all enemies in a line. Leona teleports to the last enemy champion hit by this attack.

Jarvan IV-
Dragon Strike - Jarvan IV extends his lance, dealing physical damage and lowering the Armor of all enemies in its path. Additionally, this will pull Jarvan to his Demacian Standard, knocking up enemies in his path.

Solar Flare – After a brief delay, Leona calls down a beam of solar energy dealing damage and slowing enemies. Enemies in the center of the beam are stunned instead of slowed.

Brand-
Pillar of Flame - After a short delay, Brand creates a pillar of flame at a target area, dealing magic damage to enemy units with the area. Units that are ablaze take an additional 25% damage.

Sunlight (Passive) – Leona’s abilities mark the target with sunlight. Allied champions that damage marked targets deal additional damage and consume the mark. *except the whole team gets the benefit.*

Lux-
Illumination(Passive) - Lux's damaging spells charge the target with energy for 6 seconds. Lux's next attack ignites the energy, dealing 20-190 (depending on Lux's level) magic damage to the target.

Discuss?

Sailor Twift

07-09-2011

Similarities do not a unique champion make, it's their gameplay that determines that. At least wait until she's out to qq.

pindel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

I would've liked to see them make a character original as Orianna or Yorick, but its not that easy with tanks. They need some kind of CC, an initiation skill and a defensive skill; on top of that she has a sword and shield which doesn't offer much room to be creative. I feel like they gave the community what they wanted: a female tank and nothing more.

Tha Dynamite

07-09-2011

Lux's ability is so much more similar to Akali's ability. And?

You can't really blame them for the lack of creativity here when there are so many other character designs in this world they need to completely avoid coming close to.
At the very least, they are copying off their own champions. Not like HoN and their blatant copy of Karthus' sprite.

Bridie

07-09-2011

I wasn't "QQing." Just pointing out that those abilities are very similar to other champs. Orianna was very very unique in her abilities and I don't expect every champion to come out as unique as they did. I didn't say it is a bad thing. In fact, I can't wait to try her out. It is the combination of abilities that make a champion different. I just feel like they took some skills from other champs, tweaked them, then put them together so we could get a female tank. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
Discuss?
That is all I said. I didn't say OMFG RIOT WHY CAN'T YOU COME UP WITH A NEW IDEA?! :P As I said, it isn't a bad thing. In fact it makes it quite interesting and I can't wait to see those skills used on a new champion and see how well they synergize with eachother.

DoctorGraveyard

07-09-2011

I remember this thread on Miss fortune.Shush.

Brinzy

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Abortinator View Post
At least wait until she's out to qq.
Takes a special level of stupid to think that this is a QQ thread.

HellHaven

07-09-2011

I don't even know how any of you can ***** at all. I was here when you got one champion a month. Your *****ing about creativity. Try waiting for a new hero and it takes three weeks. STFU just be glad that LoL isn't like the old days. You get new heroes every two weeks. Makes the game fresh, not to mention always fixing things. You new LoL players piss me off. Don't even know what its like to have hard times.

SethCypher

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
Solar Flare – After a brief delay, Leona calls down a beam of solar energy dealing damage and slowing enemies. Enemies in the center of the beam are stunned instead of slowed.

Brand-
Pillar of Flame - After a short delay, Brand creates a pillar of flame at a target area, dealing magic damage to enemy units with the area. Units that are ablaze take an additional 25% damage.
This isn't a very good comparison. In fact you could compare Brand's PoF with any other skill that deals damage in a circular area.

Come to think of it...why DOES everything have to be some derivative of a circle? Why can't we have rectangular AoEs?

Tha Steelman

07-09-2011

As Morello himself said: "This is like saying that TF2's Scout and Heavy are basically the same thing since they both have shotguns and kill stuff."

Plus, Leona's shield is hardly like Sion's at all. More like Garen's actually.