Kennen Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HadsParabol

04-17-2010

Sigh, why when a champion is considered slightly UP, Phreak does a Champion Spotlight about him? Kennen still needs a slight buff imo ^^'

When playing him on Summoner's Rift it's a bit harder, because ppl usually have more CC (oher than Udyr's stun and Shacos fear only :F)

I usually build him as a physical ranged dps, with 21/9/0 ar. pen/health/cooldown runes; with a phantom dancer, frozen maller, sometimes mallady or bloodthirster, and some def items. Usually i get 10+ kills and ~5 deaths. I'm not so good, but its fun ;]

Changief

04-17-2010

I've yet to see a good Kennen, on my team or otherwise. Or at least one to challenge me or make me retreat when i see them.

Then again i play tanks.

McComb

04-17-2010

Incoming wave of noob Kennen trying this build.

ChronicleOfLie

04-17-2010

it looks like this type of playing will be usefull for summoners who are beginners with Kennen

Federici

04-17-2010

I really think Kennen needs to focus more on his survivability and intense farming. Grabbing a warmogs and maxing his W and E can up his HP very quickly.

Playing him tanky lets him initiate with R + E + W and survive to start auto-attacking and follow up stunning with shuriken.

Many other champs fill a ranged DPS role much better than him, but I think he is an excellent ranged support character with great initiation, AOE stun, escape, and a fair dmg output.

Eliseo

04-17-2010

Why no spotlights in high elo?

krucifx

04-17-2010

do one for trynd

kool kat

04-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrin View Post
nice spotlight, even if the game was a roflstomp like the pantheon spotlight

I still dont understand why you go for lightning rush instead of thundering shuriken. Wouldn't you get more damage out of your combo with a stronger shurken, seeing as you only use lightning rush once in a given encounter, and likely wind up spamming shurkens to poke at the enemy when playing defensively?
As i see where you're coming from, lightning rush can put marks on multiple people therefore getting more from the other spell, then you pick them off with the shuriken.

Kitsune 9tails

04-17-2010

Well, just to clarify, let's ask Phreak:

1) May we assume theae spotlights are played on your live Phreak account (since it clearly says your name in the videos) and not some internal server?

2) May we assume you're playing at your usual ELO (with handpicked buddies) against a random team?

3) May we assume you play a few games until you get one that will look good (not too boring/embarrassing) and edit that one for time/looks?

4) May we assume all your featurettes will star champions you feel you are fairly good with, rather than champs you hate or suck with?

I'm not saying any of the above are good or bad, just saying these are my assumptions. It would be cool to see a "Behind the Scenes" mini feature on how the Spotlights are made!

Also, people, remember that Phreak is just showing how he likes to do it ("This is how I play Kennen."). He is not necessarilly an expert on every build/playstyle of Kennen or any other champion. Your Mileage May Vary. His way is not intended to be the best way or the way everyone should play, just a way that is successful in his experience.

And if this video spawns (er, summons) a wave of Kennen noobs playing iin a build/style that doesn't work for them, than that just raises everyones' ELO, right?

Draktok

04-17-2010

I love the spotlights, and though this one did help with item build / runes / masteries, you didn't really talk about your items, or the item build you were going for. The only item you mentioned was your ring, and not until the end. Perhaps a little explanation on why you buy each item, and the way you were trying to build kennen? As you did in your other spotlights.