Kennen Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sozen

04-16-2010

I prefer maxing Thundering Shuriken first because it's better for harrassment, gives higher single target burst and sustained DPS. It's also the only skill that decreases in cost as it's level IIRC. I also lol'd when fed Phreak got cocky and died :P

RedWizardHades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2010

Once again nice job Preak. If I were a woman I would have your children, as I am not all I can say is thanks so much. These are always informative and give me ideas of ways to adapt to new playstyles.

IPewPewUQQ

04-16-2010

i have yet to encounter such a pro kennen

Fourth22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2010

I want to see proper gameplay footage in these spotlights against equally skilled opponents, not this tanked rating stuff. That match ended in the first fight, the rest was just fluff and honestly kennen was not the reason they won that first fight. Really in these spotlights they could just insert any champion and watch it roll everyone with a level advantage against bad players. It doesn't prove kennen is good.

Azing

04-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth22 View Post
I want to see proper gameplay footage in these spotlights against equally skilled opponents, not this tanked rating stuff. That match ended in the first fight, the rest was just fluff and honestly kennen was not the reason they won that first fight. Really in these spotlights they could just insert any champion and watch it roll everyone with a level advantage against bad players. It doesn't prove kennen is good.
Pssst.... Pssst... Kennen is a mage... mages without their abilities aren't very good at actually getting 'kills' without spells. Use your brain a little.

Anyways Kennen is really good. The team they versed sucks but really if your good at kennen you can do wonders with him. The biggest issue is being focused on and with cleanse you can usually get away with it without having to much trouble given some defensive items. Hes like Karthus, being made with some defensive means behind him in order to win. Really Kennen is so amazing though, hes by far a force to be wreckened with, he just requires some skill to be used.

Ohforfsake

04-16-2010

I was hoping for a more competitive game. I'd love to see a good game as kennen in sr, one that lasts like 50 mins and is even. I've had some myself, but I'd like to see how others play him. I've actually had really good success playing Kennen as a tank build.

Ihazevich

Recruiter

04-16-2010

Hey Phreak there's a bug there! D: When they casted exhaust on you and you used Zhonya's Ring, then you used lightning rush to escape. But you could see both Kennen and his ball form running away :O. And I guess no else noticed that :S. I hope it helps

Remunial

04-16-2010

These champion spotlights are great. They are well put together and give people an idea of how to begin playing a champion or even improve the champions they already play.

I like how you showed us that you messed up in the top lane and let us know what should have been done differently in that situation. Showing the different uses of your skills and items is very helpful as well.

Great video. Keep it up. I'm sure the rest of the community appreciates them as much as I do. Even if I don't play the champion you're spotlighting I still watch them all.

niskax

Recruiter

04-16-2010

Bad spotlight.

Leveling electrical surge first is so silly. The rational is so that you can farm, but it does half damage to minions. Try leveling W-- tagging them with surge and use an ability that deals full damage. Also notice that you can't one shot the wave until you have Guise, Rylai's, and Zhonya's. He's a terrible AoE farmer. I think Morde can do that w/ no items at level 9.

I'm fine with leveling either Q (reduced energy cost AND cooldown. he's a lasthit farmer!) or W (for AD/farming/harass through mobs), but telling noobs to level E is just setting them up to get gibbed when they try to sit on someone or "one shot" those ranged mobs while their foes are still in lane.

You can only make this up to me by making a Corki spotlight. He's in your top 3, we got him free, and nobody has a clue.

Mesa H

04-16-2010

Well, i think the major goal of these blog videos are to get u familiarized with the playstyle and item build, Phreak is just showing these stuff to you guys, and enjoy a bit of killing while doing so.

It served its purpose as in explaining the usage of skills and item build, so i think it's a nice video according to this criteria, Phreak doesn't have to play like a god to do that. So just watch the vid and learn what you can, if not, log in and play ur game :S

1234567 ... 9