Gangplank, The denying machine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BleeD MorE

11-26-2010

I'm level 25 now and I've using Gankplank for a while. I wanted to use his third spell as a way to deny creeps and keep my opponents under level. I took mid solo, started off by denying one creep as soon as it was spawned ran with them till the turrets and denied another. I used the spell every time it was available but I dint make much of a difference to the opposing champ. He was the same level as me with the same Champ kills and slightly higher or lower creep kills. I had 22 - 0 - 3 masteries and two health quints.

I want suggestions as to how i can make the denying Gangplank build work. Please suggest runes, item builds and anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Craixis

11-26-2010

What minions did you kill?
This is important, as some minions give more exp then others (Purple Melee minion, for example, is worth more then the OP Purple caster minion. While the Cannon minion is worth more then both).
Another thing, do you have the exp boost from utility? This is where denying shines to get you ahead. A Sapphire Crystal usually works well for me (I run Teleport/Smite, Smite is for keeping the minion pushes balanced when I need em to be, the extra g is nice too).
Also, are you being pushed to your turret? If so, you're gaining exp slightly later then your enemy (as he's cleared your minion wave), you will have the level lead once you've cleared the wave.
Denying with Plank isn't to shut down the enemy carry, it's to gain a level lead. In which case, you can proceed to kill them due to your superior stats (GP hits hard at the start, mixed with his passive and Parrrley... having 2 levels on an enemy when you make your move can make any encounter with an enemy fatal for em, as Cannon Barrage keeps them from retreating while you rip em to shreds yourself.)

Denyplank is just your average GP, but they start with Raise Morale instead of Parrrley (which is a better choice for the long run). Usually it's better to get a Meki Pendant or a Sapphire Crystal for the early game to allow constant denying. The build fans out into any you really want it to be, you can rush IE to get Heavy Crits with Parrrley, go Mageplank with Catalyst and Lichbane, or you could go Tankplank with Omen and Spirit Visage. Ultimately, "deny"plank is only the beginning phase of the game, he isn't a full game build (as Denying loses its usefulness after the laning phase, you can still slow down enemies, but not as effectively).

DoomManufact

11-26-2010

1. Always go for cannon minions. If not, take out a full hp melee minion if you're trying to hold your lane back, or a low hp melee minion if you're trying to keep the other guy from last hitting
2. 21/0/9 usually works best. Since you're lvl 25, you can't exactly get that, but the exp boost mastery in utility will get your level advantage as quickly as possible.
3. Don't expect too much. The biggest reason why people deny as plank is to get lvl 6 before your lane opponent(s) do, then immediately ult and try to kill them before they get their ult(s) and can hold you off. Unless your team completely screws the other guy(s) up by constantly ganking (use a jungler for this, pulling people off lanes constantly isn't always a good idea), you aren't gonna get much more than a 1 level advantage.

FckMan

Recruiter

11-26-2010

gangblank. i use mostly malphite these days and all he does is shoot blanks.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2010

Spec 11/0/19

Get 4% CDR from Offense and +4 Minion Damage after Exhaust and Crit. Chance
Spec down to the 6% CDR in Utility and have three points in Meditation for the Mp5 and get the +5% XP gain

Use Flat CDR Blues and Flat CDR Quints, ArPen Reds, and Flat Mp5 Yellows

Start with Sapphire Crystal or Meki Pendant

1 Point in Raise Morale

Target melee minions or cannons(when available)

Deny-Plank completed

BleeD MorE

11-27-2010

I aimed for the melee minions and the cannon ones, whenever they were available. I had a meki pendant and two health pots. I didn't have the xp boost mastery, since, I was 25 and you need the 4 masteries in utility to unlock the xp boost mastery, I will try out the suggestions. I was being pushed to the turret since it was Kassadin who was against me.

I'll let you guys know how my endeavor goes. Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

Wildkarde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2010

You should be near your tower with a denyplank build. One of the reasons it shines is because of how vulnerable it makes your opponent to ganks.

If you are solo laning you should end up with a definite level advantage. I am usually level 8 when they are 6. In duo lanes the difference is that you and your partner should reach 6 a good 30seconds sooner, it may not seem like much but if you both ult and they can't... its big

If you get in a 1v2 lane it is perfect. You end up 6 with them at low 4s.

As others have said: Deny cannon and melee minions, last hit with parrley. Only harrass w/ parrley when the enemy gets aggressive or overextends to harrass you.

Radamanthys3

11-27-2010

Dont mid with Gangplank, leave it to someone who needs the experience and money more

Second, your denying works best when you are up against two enemies, because they have to share experience and that exp just reduces further thanks to your raise morale

What you should do is sit at the nexus when the game is starting, then raise morale the first melee creep that comes out and go to your lane with them, by the time you reach the enemy creeps your raise morale should be back up, raise morale another melee creep.

After this raise morale every Tanky creep.

As for a build I'd just recommend leaving your mana concerns to mana/5 yellows and a doran's ring or meki pendant and rush an infinity edge, after that get what you feel you may need.

9/0/21 for masteries might be better, you get cooldown and magic pen for your ultimate

Rowdy Nevada

11-27-2010

Denyplank seems to only work when you have a 1v2 as him, because, if used correctly, you will hit 6 before your enemy lane mates hit 4. this will make ganking easy if you keep your mana up via your items or masteries/runes. Try out what feels right, but i think you'll need exp quints to make your deny more effective. In the end, it'll all come down to if you can last hit about 80% of the enemy minions as you will need to conserve parrrley most of the time for your E spell.