Leona Disabled Until Next Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yamazaru90

07-13-2011

She here! X3

Haarenfang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igors BtB View Post
This is a free game. Go ***** some place else.
This is bs. This game follows the "korean" style of "free", it's free to play, but if you want something you have to grind your aass off for it, and then there are still things you have to pay for if you want them, i.e. skins. So this is not a free game, and never has been. The hours spent girnding for new champs could have been spent making money that could have unlocked the champs 10 times faster. From an economist's view that is a net drop in income, anyone that argues this is a free game, is someone who doesn't pay attention to the facts.

Haarenfang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIs3ssII View Post
despite how busy they are, they should still let their customers know what is going on. Seeing as how there is so much of a complaint. Guarantee that if they would keep us informed, a good 50-60% of the complaining would stop.
Agreed a better timeframe would have been nice, "early next week, was vague, and by anyone's standard, it not being here yet means they failed to get her in early in the week, had they updated a better timeframe yesterday, I know I wouldn't have been as angry.

EDIT: just noticed she's here, lol! I apologize for typing this late, XD!

Ruin Dragon

07-13-2011

shes back!

Xcalknight

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiesrain View Post
shes back!
how can she be back if she was never here in the first place?

Felix333

07-13-2011

just bought her and custom gamed...pretty good

mid Vox

07-13-2011

I lulled at her taunt and joke.

donkrx

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haarenfang View Post
This is bs. This game follows the "korean" style of "free", it's free to play, but if you want something you have to grind your aass off for it, and then there are still things you have to pay for if you want them, i.e. skins. So this is not a free game, and never has been. The hours spent girnding for new champs could have been spent making money that could have unlocked the champs 10 times faster. From an economist's view that is a net drop in income, anyone that argues this is a free game, is someone who doesn't pay attention to the facts.
This is correct... lol at the downvotes.... I guess those people havent heard of the expression "there is no free lunch".

mid Vox

07-13-2011

Dead thread is dead.

EddyEduardo

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokuXx View Post
You do realize that once you've payed for this game like quite a few people here on the forums have the term "free game" no longer applies to them right? Many people spent money on RP last week in hopes that she would be released last Friday. I've invested almost $200 in this game, so when you say things like that I get a bit annoyed because you have no idea how much I support Riot in what they do. I don't go around asking for special treatment, but when you delay a Champion and say that you plan on releasing her early in the week, you better do just that as a part of this wonderful thing called customer satisfaction. So before you go shooting around the term "free" make sure you know that RP costs money and there are many paying customers here as a part of the League of Legends community. Also know that Riot really doesn't have an excuse for not releasing her at this point. That being said I think that the income received from the purchase of RP should be used to upgrade the servers in order to prevent further failures upon the release of new patches.
I hope that everyone realises that the only thing that Riot owe us is what we have paid for. So I can understand people being annoyed when they've bought RP and the servers don't work, but as for feeling that Riot owe us on anything to do with Leona, unless you've already bought her, well that's just complete QQing. Her being delayed is not something that anyone is warranted in raging at Riot about. I was quite annoyed that Leona was delayed, and I've now spent RP on her, but Riot was entitled to hold her back for as long as they thought was necessary, because no matter how much money anyone has previously spent on LoL, they hadn't spent any on Leona.