About Yorick Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalrus

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
See, the problem is that too many people don't understand that your damage is NOT coming from magic damage. The majority of your damage is Q, auto attacks, and Ghouls/Revenant.

If you are laning with Yorick YOU NEED APen

10 MPen is the equivalent of ~5% less damage reduction on your two (weak) nukes. Compare this to the 15 APen you COULD have which is equivalent to approximately 15% less DR (sometimes more) for ALL your physical damage including ghouls.

Maxing out W first is also more efficient, providing you with a relatively strong gap closer and AoE at a rather cheap cost (the majority heal from E comes from proper timing to allow the ghoul to damage).

QWEW is likely the BEST way to level yorick's abilities because of his lack of gap closer and reliance on farm to be effective. Play him as a wrecking ball, Ult yourself or your carry and target the squishiest target in range. Under majority circumstances your ghoul WILL attack what you attack (I've been testing in custom games). That means that with 3 ghouls and a revenant even WITHOUT defensive items (only health) you have respectable DR and good damage especially against squishies. That means that you become a high threat target for the enemy team when you play correctly.

In other words:

1) APen
2) Level your Gap Closer
3) Ult is not ALWAYS best on your carry
4) Play like a wrecking ball not a mage

edit: If you intend to jungle yorick I recommend Stonewall's newest video guide. In which he DOES use AD runes for both reds and quints. however that's for jungle efficiency not late game.

Couldn't agree more sir!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autocthon

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalrus View Post
Couldn't agree more sir!
I haven't had a chance to play Yorick in normals yet. But AI is generalyl good for figuring out playstyle (considering I did it last week before his buffs...)

At least there's a few of us who understand what yorick is supposed to be.