How to improve Karma in my opinion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skither

07-08-2011

Personally, I don't think Karma is bad but she's one of the weaker support champions in the game. Most support champs can make it through the game with limited farm. Karma's not one of those champs. Here's how I believe they can improve her.

Q - This is alright.. The damage ratio is good. Maybe increase the range slightly

Mantra Q - This is pretty decent too, people don't realize that it's based on the amount of health missing though. Still, it only works very well when you have AP.

W - It kind of bothers me. It isn't a very good move in my personal opinion cause you need to be nearby AND be as fast as your friend in order to keep up. It's alright for slowing enemies though, still, maybe a slight increase in range.

Mantra W - Personally, I think Karma should be given a dot. I mean, you're staying close enough to the enemy to have a leash on him and only to slow him. I wish it'd do constant damage while you leash your enemy or heal your friend slightly over time of being leashed.

E - This bothers the Hell out of me. You get no stats from it. You should have a good starting base and the defensive part of it should be able to scale better than it's offensive purpose. In order for you to get something unique about it, you give a cost that affects you in a huge way. With someone like Janna, you just have your shield with a stat buff.

Mantra E - Good where it is.

Personally, I think she should have 3 mantras.

One big issue I have with her is that when you consider it, what is she without her mantra? Nothing. They make it as if mantra is optional when it's almost not optional at all. Mantra doesn't give anything significant but at the same time, with it, your moves are insignificant. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well, but...

Alright, to put it blatantly, there are supports who have moves that are better WITHOUT the cost of mantra.

Simcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Without manatra she has a great shield to protect your carry from a 1v1 situation when their assassin comes up from behind.

Without mantra she has damage in a cone.

Without Mantra she has a move speed boost for anyone who runs through it.

The only skill that requires mantra to be effective is the Speed boost. Otherwise it just feels insignificant. With mantra though it is crazy OP if done right.

CoolHeroBro

07-08-2011

3 mantras would make her brainlessly easy to use. It would take the thought out of playing her. Teamfight? Mantra, E, mantra, Q, if you need to chase then mantra, W. Limiting her mantra makes her more rewarding to play.

Her biggest issue is she requires farm to be effective. Her skills need LESS scaling and more innate utility.

TrRex

07-08-2011

I would agree she needs some love to get more people to play her but she is a hard champion to deal with in game. The more you target her the better she does. But if left alone... she can crush your team.

PlayWithMe69

07-08-2011

Karma is perfect the way she is.....

Her Q is fine, does decent damage when paired up with mantra E

Her W is also fine the way it is. It gives you a challenge to attempt to do extra damge to your enemies, and having to follow them isn't that bad either since you have the health to go near other enemies who are trying to avoid you at the moment due to this death chain.

Her E is, again, perfectly fine where it is. If you have enough AP, the sheild blocks ALOT of damage. Along with mantra you have a moving nuke that says **** you to your next ability.

Three mantras wouldn't make Karma anymore fun to use. you wouldnt have to think and plan out when to use it anymore. and also her AP ratio's would probably go down, and they're fine the way they are.

Karma I believe is one of the best support champions in the game becasue ALL of her abilites do nice damage while also helping out your team.

Karma = Awesome <3

She does not need any changes o.o

PlayWithMe69

07-09-2011

AND ALSO.

Mantra E + Q = Destroyed Minion Wave......

*Wait 15 seconds for next wave*

Mantra E + Q = Destroyed Minion Wave.....

Repeat....

She's an excellent farmer

Anida

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayWithMe69 View Post
Karma is perfect the way she is.....

Her Q is fine, does decent damage when paired up with mantra E

Her W is also fine the way it is. It gives you a challenge to attempt to do extra damge to your enemies, and having to follow them isn't that bad either since you have the health to go near other enemies who are trying to avoid you at the moment due to this death chain.

Her E is, again, perfectly fine where it is. If you have enough AP, the sheild blocks ALOT of damage. Along with mantra you have a moving nuke that says **** you to your next ability.

Three mantras wouldn't make Karma anymore fun to use. you wouldnt have to think and plan out when to use it anymore. and also her AP ratio's would probably go down, and they're fine the way they are.

Karma I believe is one of the best support champions in the game becasue ALL of her abilites do nice damage while also helping out your team.

Karma = Awesome <3

She does not need any changes o.o
I agree. She's awesome the way she is

Skither

07-09-2011

Yeah, that's exactly why she's the 2nd worst champion in the game. If she's perfect the way she is, why's she the worst support in the game? Just cause you like her, doesn't make her perfect. I like her too. That doesn't mean she's great/good.

@Simcow

Without Mantra, Janna has a shield that can protect towers, her teammates, gives them a good amount of shield at it's base levels, and a B.F. sword buff.

Without Mantra, she has damage in a cone... A close range attack that does damage in a cone shape and involves you to get CLOSE to the enemy.

Without Mantra, Zilean can give 2 people speed boosts at once! Or split it so one gets speed boost and an enemy gets slowed, and they travel way faster and he slows them down.

She's considered the worst support champion in the game and one of the worst champions in the game, period.

@CoolHeroBro

Not necessarily. It could make her more situational. She's already pretty brainless to use as far as mantra goes. I'm not gonna ever, ever, ever, ever, use Mantra on my Spirit Bond. I'm gonna use it for my E and save it for my heal. So why would would it make her any easier to use? The reward for using Mantra on W is way complete ****. You already have them slower than you want, and your teammate is gonna step in the bond, which increases his speed.

Now, think about that for a second. The farming thing. Most people don't WANT you to farm as a support. I know this very well and have to find ways to save my money (And get money items). But other supports start out efficient, without the cost of items.

@TrRex

Not necessarily. Again, she's the worst support in the game. The only reason (apparently, not my words) that she's not the absolute worst is because Heimerdinger exists.

@PlayWithMe

I won't repeat myself. Also, she's an excellent farmer? You keep forgetting something. Supports don't farm in this game! Geez, have people totally forgotten that?

Now, her Q is a close quarters damage tool. You don't want to be close to the enemy usually. Unless it's 2v1 and you're spirit bonding the enemy. Also, you're only healing when Mantra is up. Soraka can heal without the cost of something and at a much more efficient rate if she doesn't have items, so can Taric.

Her W is probably her worst move. It's alright at best, but there are champions in the game that don't have to stay within range of a champion to slow them or speed them up. (Zilean for example and he can do it multiple times). Plus, the mantra for it is just overkill and it doesn't do that much damage.

Her E isn't that great. There's no buffs with it, no stats, nothing. Other champions are given much higher base stats with the shield and usually buffs (Janna being the biggest example). Her shield scales very well too. The difference? The only cost for Janna's shield is a cooldown time and mana but with extra benefits from it. The cost for Karma's shield to be unique? Cooldown time, mana, and a mantra which causes a burst but gives no buff or no good qualities alone.

The point is, they almost made it as if without Mantra, these moves are far less useful than they should be. Also, the defense on the shield scales well, but not THAT well considering it has no unique qualities and the base isn't great. The base on Janna's is pretty good.

Support Tier
Janna
Taric
Soraka
Zilean
Sona
Lux (If you account her. People think she's still a mage, but whatever)

Transcendencius

07-09-2011

Karma would be fine if she didn't need items so badly.

Kiwibait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skither View Post
Yeah, that's exactly why she's the 2nd worst champion in the game. If she's perfect the way she is, why's she the worst support in the game? Just cause you like her, doesn't make her perfect. I like her too. That doesn't mean she's great/good.

@Simcow

Without Mantra, Janna has a shield that can protect towers, her teammates, gives them a good amount of shield at it's base levels, and a B.F. sword buff.

Without Mantra, she has damage in a cone... A close range attack that does damage in a cone shape and involves you to get CLOSE to the enemy.

Without Mantra, Zilean can give 2 people speed boosts at once! Or split it so one gets speed boost and an enemy gets slowed, and they travel way faster and he slows them down.

She's considered the worst support champion in the game and one of the worst champions in the game, period.

@CoolHeroBro

Not necessarily. It could make her more situational. She's already pretty brainless to use as far as mantra goes. I'm not gonna ever, ever, ever, ever, use Mantra on my Spirit Bond. I'm gonna use it for my E and save it for my heal. So why would would it make her any easier to use? The reward for using Mantra on W is way complete ****. You already have them slower than you want, and your teammate is gonna step in the bond, which increases his speed.

Now, think about that for a second. The farming thing. Most people don't WANT you to farm as a support. I know this very well and have to find ways to save my money (And get money items). But other supports start out efficient, without the cost of items.

@TrRex

Not necessarily. Again, she's the worst support in the game. The only reason (apparently, not my words) that she's not the absolute worst is because Heimerdinger exists.

@PlayWithMe

I won't repeat myself. Also, she's an excellent farmer? You keep forgetting something. Supports don't farm in this game! Geez, have people totally forgotten that?

Now, her Q is a close quarters damage tool. You don't want to be close to the enemy usually. Unless it's 2v1 and you're spirit bonding the enemy. Also, you're only healing when Mantra is up. Soraka can heal without the cost of something and at a much more efficient rate if she doesn't have items, so can Taric.

Her W is probably her worst move. It's alright at best, but there are champions in the game that don't have to stay within range of a champion to slow them or speed them up. (Zilean for example and he can do it multiple times). Plus, the mantra for it is just overkill and it doesn't do that much damage.

Her E isn't that great. There's no buffs with it, no stats, nothing. Other champions are given much higher base stats with the shield and usually buffs (Janna being the biggest example). Her shield scales very well too. The difference? The only cost for Janna's shield is a cooldown time and mana but with extra benefits from it. The cost for Karma's shield to be unique? Cooldown time, mana, and a mantra which causes a burst but gives no buff or no good qualities alone.

The point is, they almost made it as if without Mantra, these moves are far less useful than they should be. Also, the defense on the shield scales well, but not THAT well considering it has no unique qualities and the base isn't great. The base on Janna's is pretty good.

Support Tier
Janna
Taric
Soraka
Zilean
Sona
Lux (If you account her. People think she's still a mage, but whatever)

in MMOs you actually have classes that can buff and deal respectable amounts of damage and they are called support dps.

so riot is right when they tagged her as support, she just isn't the exact type of support that your thinking of