Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rabadon's changes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cixelsidpenguin

07-08-2011

I don't understand how the new changes to rabadon's are supposed to do anything. Tbh only a 15 AP nerf won't change anything. with the item's passive your only taking 19.5 AP away, which is only about 13.65 damage on an ability with a .7 Ap ratio. You say that caster's AP counts are getting too high why make it so instead of 640 AP champ its a 620 AP champ. Seems like a useless change to me.

Eddiot

07-08-2011

they simply want to reduce the attractiveness of rushing it as first/second item.

cixelsidpenguin

07-08-2011

well if thats true I still don't think what they did is enough

biolurker

07-08-2011

Well I play all AP in game and I didn't rush Rabadons it was often a third item in my Anvia build, but in lowering the 15AP and and additionaly 13.5AP from the boost you lost around 27.5AP as far as damage goes it doesn't seem like much but the price of Rabadons remains the same. This means that you're spending close to 800gold on 27.5AP which may discourage some of the cheaper players looking for an easy OPed item to ensure their feeding. Just my thoughts.

Idrawrherbun

07-08-2011

I think what they did with it was pretty fair, i have not yet tried with the nerf on it though, but i can call 700-800 ap glass cannon builds being bawss. when i play them or play against them... its nice 2-3shotting 3-4 champs at once ( squishies non tank builds of course)

TimmyPage

07-09-2011

It's a simple and small matter of it was giving more ap than it should for it's cost, a single item for 200 ap was a bit ridiculous. The point of Rabadons was to give your ap a huge boost, not BE all your AP.

KohHanMoo

Recruiter

07-09-2011

I had done the math with the changes on rabadons (everything was in my spreadsheet here:http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=929940). The change has decreased the efficiency of rabadons by about 400 gold. while this isn't a huge amount, and the passive is still amazing and worth it, high elo play might think twice before they rush a rabadons until they have more ap and can make more use of the passive.

ikillutwice

07-09-2011

400 gold is a first blood kill making that a fair amount of gold

AntiTcb

07-09-2011

It was to change Rabadon's from a first buy item to second-third. Around the same timing as you would buy a Lich Bane. Riot wants you to have more AP from other items to make more use of the passive before you ever finish Deathcap.