Lanewick has too high sustainability?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyan Doma

07-08-2011

... hm... Lets think about this
Fiddlesticks
Vlad
Taric
Soraka
Mundo
Alistar

OH WAIT EVERY ONE OF THESE CHAMPIONS HAS A COUNTER... its called IGNITE

GG riot, Unnecessary nerfing is always the best! dont force players to play smart!
Why on earth would you nerf somebody based on sustainability in a lane when they dont even BELONG in the lane to begin with... how silly.

Ivaanlga

07-08-2011

lol, u think ur soooooooo smart derp

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

And they've nerfed every single one of those characters into the ground.

Well, Vlad and Alistar are still semi-viable.

More nerfs incoming.

Riot haet strategy. If you step out of the role they think you should be playing, nerfs! Everywhere!

SexyTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Obviously the solution OP is suggesting is to use ignite every time Warwick tries to Q

vileguy

07-08-2011

Sustainability is a big problem in the game. Champions like Vlad and Warwick have plenty of damage output, but the problem is they sustain themselves. In order for their laning to be balanced, another champion needs to be able to burst them down, and that basically means that vlad/ww would be underpowered. Instead, if you nerf their sustain, then they don't break lane balance.

WW has heal on his melee hit, heal on Q, and heal on R. They only nerfed Q, and its damage is the same. This will barely nerf his jungle and barely nerf his laning, and honestly he's a bit strong in both so it's not going to be a big deal. Vlad is still weaker.

Raidarc

07-08-2011

Anyone know if magewick is still viable?

Ignite is not a counter to lanewick unless you are able to burst him down in that time.
However; lanewick kinda needs to farm heroes and having to face a healer of any sort is very annoying.
Alistar's heal isn't enough, neither is Vlads.
When I play Magewick, Vlad's my biyatch.

Giltia Zero

07-08-2011

Warwick also has no viable means of harassing anyone in lane. Lanewick was always meant as a SAFE lanepick with excellent gank setups alongside a jungler once he hit 6. Lanewick never needed a nerf, and this is a huge nerf to Junglewick as well because baddies don't realize farming is the obvious solution to Lanewick.

"I can't kill him and I wasted all my mana bawwww" is not an excuse for nerfs.

Mehiran

07-08-2011

Lets shoot each of these down and discuss why they aren't a problem; just because I am bored waiting for servers:

Fiddlesticks:

Channeled, easily interrupted. Costs more mana too. Less scaling, sorry you wont see fiddle draining over 1k unless the opponent is A really dumb or B fiddle has been fed or its really late game. Warwick simple walks up and hits you, one touch its done vs fiddles 5 seconds of channel. Not to mention he heals on normal atks as well.

Vlad:

Something to do with cooldowns mainly? The heal isn't nearly as much. Your problems with him regaining too much life come from stacking hextech/will. Warwick doesn't even need to do that to heal and heal for more.

Taric:

You have got to be kidding me. No seriously, he has to hit stuff to get a decent cooldown. And he unlike ww has almost no dmg. He also relies on mana a lot more to heal. Sure end game he can heal and heal well, but he can be shut down. Can you stop a warwick from suppress and heals? sure, but not as easy as stunning taric and watching him oom on his ulti.

Soraka

About the same as Taric, except less mana issues, more squishiness.

Mundo

Ulti has a fairly decent cooldown, and all his abilities cost health. Need I say more? Not to mention I frequently see him get killed through an ulti anyways.

Alistar

Very small heal, especially now. You do realize he got nerfed too this patch right?

Warwicks sustainability problem came from a combination of built in life drain and how his Q scales. Put simply as Rumble I could lane against anyone and have confidence I could whittle them down. A good warwick though? Nah, he stays full life and whittles me down instead, even thought I use the same harass tactics I always use. Take him to half and watch him q and hit things a couple times back to full.

CapCapper

07-09-2011

Your missing the point in the later four. Lanewick was a character that you couldnt harras because it was impossible to trade blows with him. You hit him, he hits you, takes the life back. He is full health u are not.

The first 2 applied a similar issue. Yet HEAVILY nerfed fiddles early game drain, much needed. And the nerfed vlads healing aswell as his main healing item, hextech. So to complain now about ww getting a nerf is to say the least a huge QQ.

Cloud Potato

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vileguy View Post
Sustainability is a big problem in the game. Champions like Vlad and Warwick have plenty of damage output, but the problem is they sustain themselves. In order for their laning to be balanced, another champion needs to be able to burst them down, and that basically means that vlad/ww would be underpowered. Instead, if you nerf their sustain, then they don't break lane balance.

WW has heal on his melee hit, heal on Q, and heal on R. They only nerfed Q, and its damage is the same. This will barely nerf his jungle and barely nerf his laning, and honestly he's a bit strong in both so it's not going to be a big deal. Vlad is still weaker.
And what about the champions who are doing this bursting? If they can do it to sustainable champs, what chances does everyone else have? This would just make early burst OP, since last time I checked champions give more gold than minions.