Upgradable Versions of current Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CJBulldogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

New items are always cool but I want just better versions of already current items in LoL. Some of my favorite items tend to fall in the 1200-2500 gold range. Most of these are great early - mid game but tend to fall off in Late game especially 40+ mins.
My idea are to make higher costing recipes for items that already exists. Simple EX)

RageBlade = Pickaxe (975) + Blasting Wand (860) + 400 combine cost
Upgradeable RageBlade = BF Sword (1650)+ Need Large Rod (1600) + Combine cost
Same item just more costly items, and would be even better if you could mix these Recipes.
Ex: Rageblade = BF Sword + Blasting Wand or Pickaxe + Need Large Rod

Brutalizer = Long Sword + Long Sword + Combine
Upgraded Brutalizer = Pickaxe + Pickaxe or BF Sword + BF Sword

You get the idea, I think this would uniquely change the game because you wouldnt see the exact same items on every champ. People would have different versions of comparably the same item. This would give people ALOT more choices in item builds since we are limited to 6 item slots.
Should I go for Early game dominance with the lesser version of the item....or push my luck and save up for the Highest Version of that item.....
Now if you were to say this would unbalance the game....keep in mind these recipe costs would = the benefit gained for the player........but theres been games where i want to keep my Brutalizer and not get a ghostblade.......just would rather spend more gold on a better Brutalizer.........
To me this is a no brainer and would be a welcome addition........Give some feedback and just think of all the possibilities this would bring to other items in LoL.

StarBlindd

07-08-2011

Hm. I'm a bit confused.
Are you saying...
1. That the standard item (Ex: Rageblade) would be needed to create the "upgraded" version of itself?
(Ex: "Rageblade 2.0" (+100AP, +55 Attack Damage and +45% IAS, along with all of the original Rageblade's bonuses))
"Rageblade 2.0" Recipe = Standard Rageblade + Recurve + NLR + B.F. Sword + Small Recipe Cost
This would be an absurdly expensive item, although no doubt worth the cost.
Or...
2. That said item (Ex: Rageblade 2.0) has a completely different recipe than the standard item?
Ex: "Rageblade 2.0" Recipe = NLR + Recurve + B.F. Sword + Recipe Cost
And that Standard Rageblade Recipe remains the same and is in no way connected to "Rageblade 2.0?"

Dreadful News

07-08-2011

I think he's assuming that the new rageblade would be made from higher bonus items.

Eg. BF sword + Needlessly Large Rod = new Rageblade.

CJBulldogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

No basically, the same recipe just replacing a lower tier item with a higher tier item
EX: Longsword + 10 ad.....Pickaxe + 25 ad.....BF Sword +50 ad...........
So for instance on an item like Phage which right now takes a Long Sword + Ruby Crystal to make
You could have an option to pick a Long Sword, Pick Axe, or BF Sword + Ruby Crystal or GIants health Belt............therefore creating an item with more AD and/or HP but with the same effects that Phage already brings to the table (slow on hit)

Sagee Prime

01-02-2012

I'd rather there just be an additional recipe cost that upgrades some of the items stats for a price. Like giving items 3 levels. and each time you upgrade them the stats go up a little to make the item stronger but only a little bit stronger.

EX:

Lvl 1 blood thirster 60 AD 15% lifesteal + passive
Lvl 2 65 AD and 20% lifesteal for 500 gold (passive may receive small benefit)
lvl 3 70 AD and 25% lifesteal for 500 more (passive may receive small benefit)

BT may have been a bad example but spirit visage brutalizer and similar items are good examples of dead end items that don't give enough to be worth the item slot (ghost blade is meh on most champions)

Yuan Shikai

01-03-2012

Brutalizer is not a dead end item? It upgrades into Youmuus?