Magic Resist or Magic Resist/Level Glyphs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

timbalt

04-15-2010

Title says it all, which should I go for? Thanks.

Kriptini

04-15-2010

Magic Resist per level will give you equivalent bonuses to the static Magic Resist glyph around level 13. So it depends if you're going for early-game survivability (Static) or late-game survivability (Per Level.)

That being said, I still wouldn't reccomend those glyphs at all.

smoockn

04-16-2010

Actually, its level 9. Most of the game per level will be better.

Bodknocks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-16-2010

Magic Resist per level glyphs are really good. Some of the best glyphs IP can buy.

The static MR glyphs are pretty useless, they are only superior in the early laning phase where no one really hits that hard and nobody can spam their spells yet. MR is a pretty useless stat in the early game, but a really helpful stat in the late game. I don't think there's any question the per level glyphs are by far superior.

Nihil Sine Nefas

04-16-2010

MR runes are useless late game, when pretty much any caster will have a decent amount of Magic Pen. in the form of Abyssal/Void/Haunting Guise/Sorc Boots/Magic Pen. runes.

volune

04-16-2010

Im gonna be different and say static runes.

static = 1.49 * 9 = 13.41 resist
per level = 2.7 * 9 = 24.3 resist @ 18

a 11.11 resist difference at level 18. keep in mind +24 magic resist item costs a whopping 400 gold. so those per level runes netted you about 180 gold worth of stats.

First of all, you have to be level 10 before the per level runes start to outperform the static runes. So on TT or short 5v5 maps, you wont often wont get to level 18 to feel the full effect.

I like static because it makes me much more resistant to early game ganks, and lane harassment. per level runes are not going to help you early game.

But the time you are level 11 and higher, you can actually afford to purchase magic resist items, a luxury you dont have early game. Also when you are level 18, do you think the difference of 11 resist is going to be the thing that saves you? if you really need significant MR, the extra 11 you get from per level runes is insignificant.

TLDR; at leve 18, the 11 extra MR per level runes give you is worth less than 200 gold in items, and insignificant. at level 1, the difference between having 1 MR and 13.51 MR with runes is VERY SIGNIFICANT for early game survivability.

so if you find yourself constantly wanting 10 more MR at level 18, go ahead and get per level runes. you want to do something that will significantly help your game? get static runes.

Kaied

04-17-2010

400 gold / 24 resist and you get 11 from glyphs
= 183 gold worth of "items" from glyphs.
435 gold / 20 ability power and you get 9 from glyphs
= 195 gold worth of "items" from glyphs.

Seems par for the course?
So by extending your logic there that 183 gold is worthless... Pretty much all glyphs are worthless to you, eh?

volune

04-19-2010

the point i was making is that at level 18, you have the gold to easy outshadow that extra 11 magic resistance difference.

whereas at level 1-5 you wont have the spare money, and the benefits of static runes are far more significant.

AIM7Sparrow

04-19-2010

Cdr, cdr/18