So Alister Is The Best Tank Ehhh?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jude

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoL pubstar View Post
I tank great with Mundo. In fact it is the ONLY hero I tank with because I can intiate, run around like a fool with my ult on and extremely high hp/5 (with so many hp/5 items) and throw some cleavers and survive.

But I don't get this whole Alister thing.
I wouldn't listen to this kid, he goes 9/3 in games, thinks he's pro, and camps his spawn to avoid more deaths while his team loses towers and the nexus. Pubstar for sure.

csirus

04-20-2010

alistar is one of my mains, hands down best tank in game. period.

WhiteMantisX

04-20-2010

Pretty funny thread

Definition of a tank in LoL: Champion with abilities that reduce incoming damage AND abilities that crowd control the enemy (mostly coupled to crappy damage output).

Therefore Alistar is one of the best tanks in LoL. Your ult is THE tank ability number one in the game. No other ability is more tanky than this one. And you have 2 stuns, one of it is AoE which is totally crazy, as you can use it every few seconds. In addiotion his natural high HP make him even more tanky. His heal is the bonus ability to stay in lane and to destroy towers with his passive. If you have never seen an impressive Alistar you are quite lucky. Watch on youtube the famous Flash-Headbutt-Pulverize-Combos and observe Alistars nice 0/3/17 stats

By the way, he is going to be nerfed in the next patch So he seems to be too strong in the designers view.

Mantis

VeiledGlory

06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoL pubstar View Post
I have never once played with OR against a good tank Alister. Sure I'm not high ELO. I have about 400 games under my belt. Short of a lot but enough that people are understanding how to play the game and some are really good with heroes.

How is a tank Alister built? What skills does he take and what order?

I understand his ultimate is amazing and his heal is pretty nice but I have NEVER played with/against an impressive Alister.
Not sure why you got so many downvotes, just asking a question. Anyways, there are 2 reasons Alistar is so good, the first is he has tons of CC and everyone knows how important that is. The second is his damage reduction ultimate which allows him to do two things: a) be very good at tanking towers for his team while taking almost no damage b) he can build whatever way he wants and still achieve the same effect.

EDIT: Sorry for resurrecting, didn't notice the date on thread. Please don't kill me.

MrMinionman

06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylynn View Post
Well, my stance on tanking in LoL is that it barely exists. Aside from a few seconds of glory from an ult, no champ really has sustained tanking ability. Every champ in LoL just has so much dps that a tank doesn't last much longer than any other champ unless they are using a tanking ult.. which, of course, are always short-lived.
If you want sustained tanking, try Mao. his ult can stay on as long as you want it to, his root can go about every 10 seconds, and his Arcane smash can be used every 3.

Yosihro

06-05-2011

Haha Rammus is the best tank at the moment. Alistar is good as a support. What I am trying to say that he is more of a AP champion.