So Alister Is The Best Tank Ehhh?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pubstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

I have never once played with OR against a good tank Alister. Sure I'm not high ELO. I have about 400 games under my belt. Short of a lot but enough that people are understanding how to play the game and some are really good with heroes.

How is a tank Alister built? What skills does he take and what order?

I understand his ultimate is amazing and his heal is pretty nice but I have NEVER played with/against an impressive Alister.

Rylynn

04-15-2010

Well, my stance on tanking in LoL is that it barely exists. Aside from a few seconds of glory from an ult, no champ really has sustained tanking ability. Every champ in LoL just has so much dps that a tank doesn't last much longer than any other champ unless they are using a tanking ult.. which, of course, are always short-lived.

pubstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

I tank great with Mundo. In fact it is the ONLY hero I tank with because I can intiate, run around like a fool with my ult on and extremely high hp/5 (with so many hp/5 items) and throw some cleavers and survive.

But I don't get this whole Alister thing.

Rylynn

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoL pubstar View Post
I tank great with Mundo. In fact it is the ONLY hero I tank with because I can intiate, run around like a fool with my ult on and extremely high hp/5 (with so many hp/5 items) and throw some cleavers and survive.

But I don't get this whole Alister thing.
Yeah, Mundo isn't bad with his ult on.. but, like every other 'tank', he's not much better than anyone else without his ult on. I mean.. Kayle can cast her ult on Veigar.. does that make him a tank? lol

Matthew21210

04-15-2010

I think you misunderstand how tanks work in league of le- ASGHOIPANPKAN:snpioqnsdagak GRAH!

*Ahem*
Mundo think mundo mismundo'd how mundo's mundo.
Mundo's Mundo by having lot's and mundo of health, and mundo bemundo able to mundo a big threat.
Mundo's are mundo's because mundo's because they are persistent, mundo, annoying, mundo, and there's little you can mundo about it. Mundo come's to mind. mundo does singed. Mundo mundo Cho'Gath is MUNDO mundo, because Mundo ATK at ATK SPD one is mundo MUNDO MUNDO if Mundo can take eighty Mundo's from tower while Mundo Mundo's.

RoflTroll

04-15-2010

In my opinion, a tank's job is to keep your squishier friends from dying so they can melt faces, without dying(or the enemies having to unleash a large amount of their cooldowns to do so).

Looking at Alistar's abilities:
Pulverize - AE stun, nuff said.
Headbutt - a knockback, can be used to send enemies into waiting allies or send a chasing enemy away from an ally.
Roar - AE HEAL, how often do you get a champ that can stand in the front line and spam heal? Or how many champs that have an AE Heal to begin with, this let his team continue to push even after team fight since they'll be healed up quickly instead of someone having to blue pill home to heal.
Will - A huge amount of damage reduction, make him nearly impossible to kill while it's up and also give him a big damage bonus too.

ALL of his abilities are either for helping allies or soaking damage, and he himself poses enough threat(either disrupting the enemies via Pulverize, or constantly healing people with Roar) that the enemies can't just ignore him.

Other heroes like Amumu may have a big HP base, but only his ult and bandage are useful to saving people, the other 2 skills are for AE damage(and one is dependent on having things beating on him to be able to spam it) so I tend to think of him as a mage with larger HP pool(his synergy with casters like Fiddlesticks or Ryze is quite scary, to say the least) rather than a tank.

pubstar

04-15-2010

How about item build? I only really see damage builds for Alister.

Zirun

04-15-2010

You can build pretty much anything you want with Alistar. He doesn't depend on items, save for some mana/mana regen.

BarrSupport

04-15-2010

When i used to play alistar, i used to go warmogs armor, then AP. he was tanky and his skills took out 25%-50% of the enemy HP before i headbut him to my teamates. He got too easy to play and became boring though.

you really dont need any tank items for him since he's already naturally tanky. i used to never die with him with only warmogs armour(go with the hp regen item as a starting item.)

ive never seen a bad alistar actually... all you have to do is stun, headbut to your dps teamate and you get a free assist. if ur about to die, flash out with ur ult. Or save ur ult to tank turrets.

KeVoN xD

04-15-2010

I liek alistar for early/mid game

late mid/Late game im 100% amumu PROOOOOO

he has a great initiation, he has a great aoe damage regardless their life (its %), so he is a tank wich can`t be ignored

Amumu with decent equip make the other team to cry appart of him :P, but he doesn`t have a good tank capability early game

Sry for my english

SAludos