Chat Sound

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prometheus

09-05-2009

Please add an option to add a small "click" sound when somebody says something, like in Warcraft 3. I often miss what my teammates are saying in a heated battle, simply because there's no alert that they're talking (and when in the middle of a gank, I can't glance down at the chat window every second).

Rayden

09-06-2009

i like this idea alot. Maybe also somthing so you can see last ping, cause it happens to me with that as well.

Prometheus

09-08-2009

This would also have the added benefit of alerting your teammates that you're talking. I can't even count how many times my team has ignored my frantic calls of "b! b! B!", simply because they were so focused on the battle.

OneSilverBullet

09-08-2009

This is an interesting call - does everyone think this is a good idea?

Papa Dagon

09-08-2009

Definitely yes. Something unobtrusive yeah, but even that could grab your attention when it's elsewhere. I know I often miss what my allies are saying 'cause I'm not watching for the chat box.

Glyde

09-08-2009

Yes. A slight click or thump would be perfect (Warcraft 3 used a thump, and Diablo 2 used something similar.)

The chat box is hard to miss while playing, and a distinctive sound that's also simple would be absolutely adored, I'm sure.

Xine

Adjudicator

09-09-2009

I would love to see VOC in the game ala Counter-Strike.

v->1->3 = Get Back! Flashing big text on the screen, making an entry in the combat log, and giving a voice command to all my team-mates.

Awesome and commonly used commands that I'd really love to see:
- Enemy spotted
- Enemy mia from lane
- Two Enemies mia from lane
- Everyone Back out
- Rally on me
- Incoming!
- DON'T LOOK IN THE BUSHES SOLO AT THE START OF THE GAME11!!!11!!

I think most of the rest I can think of can effectively be communicated with a ping. IE -Defend this, attack that, attack this person, go here.

Prometheus

09-11-2009

And if you're worried it might bother some people, just add an option to turn it off.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2009

This is an excellent idea. I'm pretty sure people started spamming 'b' back in WC3/DotA just to get their teammates attention to chat.

Prometheus

09-11-2009

I often find that when I play with newbies, they don't pay attention to the chat window because there's absolutely no alert of any kind. I'll be saying "solo mid", and three of them will be crowding me out.