Champion Spotlight: Leona, the Radiant Dawn

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jam3s Howl3tt

07-08-2011

all those new skins amumu sion kass and nocturn are pretty sweet

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

No harm meant,

but i get the feeling the only reason Evelynn's stun was removed was because you were making a champion who has 2 stuns on her own.

FilipeSVB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

The point is, Leona wasn't released D:

DaFknPwner

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrark View Post
I'm not entirely sure what makes her a tank. I mean, she can clearly take a lot of punishment, but she doesn't seem to be built in a way wherein the enemy team is either outright forced to attack her, or where target her first in a team fight is a good idea.

I mean, all tanks don't need to be a copy of him, but I feel that Shen is definitely one of (if not the most period) the most tank-y champions. Shen can force players to focus on him for a second, or throw himself in harm's way and allow teammate's who're getting ganked to escape. Many other characters who are labeled "tanks" only labeled as such because in reality they're just a carry who has high HP and and good damage. I know people are probably gonna be all "go back to your mmos n00b," and if I'm just misunderstanding several heroes who are labeled "tanks" and do do what I think they should then sorry, my fault. But to me a tank is a hard to kill champion who provides tons of support, not does good damage.

That said, she looks like tons of fun, just not really a tank to me.
Her shield give armor and magic resist

Captain Nuthak

07-08-2011

I'm not sure I'm entirely satisfied to be honest. The concept of a female tank was great, but she doesn't look like much of a tank of a tank to me. When they described her, I believe Phreak's words were, "Leona is a pure tank".

However, Leona doesn't appear to be much of a tank. She just seems like a another tanky-dps hybrid to me. 4/5 of this Champion Spotlight was Phreak chasing away from his team to go single out an opponent for a slay. Also, what happened to her 'Soft Taunt'?..

In my opinion, her Eclips (AoE Shield>Damage) should be adjusted. It is just a beefed version of Jarvan's shield. This doesn't really provide any sort of a taunt at all, if anything it currently just promotes you not being focused and enemies running away from you to avoid the damage.

I had an idea of how they could adjust her AoE to make her have a little more tank utility...

Eclipse: Upon activation, Leona receives X bonus armor and X bonus magic resistance for 3 seconds. An explosion of damage will occur after the initial 3 seconds, dealing less damage based on how much damage Leona receives over the 3 seconds. <- This would create an actual 'soft taunt', it would promote targets to focus you to reduce your AoE team damage. This would help tip the scales to turn Leona into more of a tank, and less of a tanky-dps.

* Message to the downvoters.. Sorry you just want another OP tanky-dps to continuing ganking with. Some of us actually care about the other roles in the game, rather than just carrying.

Vendetta

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurreal View Post
No harm meant,

but i get the feeling the only reason Evelynn's stun was removed was because you were making a champion who has 2 stuns on her own.
agreed

Gerrark

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFknPwner View Post
Her shield give armor and magic resist
Well, yes, but tons of other heroes have buffs like that as well and wouldn't really be considered tanks I think. I mean Janna has a similar defense buff (that actually stops damage altogether), and maybe I'm playing her wrong, but no way in hell I'd consider her a tank.

I just feel like they gave her that one ability and high health and that's enough to call her a tank. Not saying it's not a good ability for a tank to have of course, but if that one ability makes a tank then I guess Janna can be a tank too if you build her right.

Miirik

07-08-2011

CDR tank like CDR tank maokai

win games

Selarek

07-08-2011

lalalala server is down lalala now tell me a new

Captain Nuthak

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrark View Post
Well, yes, but tons of other heroes have buffs like that as well and wouldn't really be considered tanks I think. I mean Janna has a similar defense buff (that actually stops damage altogether), and maybe I'm playing her wrong, but no way in hell I'd consider her a tank.

I just feel like they gave her that one ability and high health and that's enough to call her a tank. Not saying it's not a good ability for a tank to have of course, but if that one ability makes a tank then I guess Janna can be a tank too if you build her right.
I agree, Gerrark.

What do you think of my comment on her just about yours here?..