Announcer idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saraqael

09-05-2009

ok, so instead of a generic "owned" or whatever..
Unique phrases depending on what champion made the kill!

Taric: FABULOUS!
Cho Gath: OM NOM NOM NOM!
Evelyn: GANKED!
Anivia: ICED!
Annie: BUUUURNED!

Ignus

09-05-2009

while this would certainly be cool, the insane amount of voice work that would need to be recorded for each and every champion would make this probably way more trouble than it's worth. I don't think they'll be able to implement it in game ^^;

Arslan

09-05-2009

Sounds like a very simple option for me. I agree with OP!

I'm still waiting on my cash register sound when something is purchased though.

Zoosmell Pooplord

09-05-2009

I don't think it would be too much voice work. I mean, it's one more line for each champion? It would certainly be an improvement over OWWNNNED, though that's just a placeholder anyway.

Saraqael

09-05-2009

the work is in figuring out the phrases, aha.

Amumu: FRIENDSHIP!
Teemo: badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM!
Warwick: RAVAGED!
Soraka: OMGWUT?!

ok calming down now

Aesop

09-06-2009

I like the idea, as long as the lines are thought through and spot on for each character. Some of you'r suggestions might sound kinda corny with the current "trailerman" announcer though

ReclusiveVoa

09-07-2009

Thus, maybe it would be nice for each character to voice the kill sound? Hearing Veigar say "You see? I AM EVIL!" every kill would certainly put a smile on my face. The logistics of rerecording a single clip for each though, would be a nightmare I'm sure. Thought I'm sure multiple clips wouldn't go astray...

The multiple voice bit, by the by, is a good way to stop death-reward-sounds getting old fast; in dota I tend to use the sounds off option most of the time, it only annoys me later on. In another AoS (or MOBA, as we're now calling them) called Tides of Blood (Wc3 mod), every kill sound was a from a different set of voice clips, depending on which side and hero type (nuker, farmer, agi-hero killer) ot the kill. I know I tried to turn off my "ownd" voice over the first time I heard it...spent a good couple of minutes trying to do it too.

Cantor

09-08-2009

I think this is a great idea, and I don't think it would be too much work. One line for each champion, at release there will be 40 champs I hear. Although I'm still in favour of having different announcer voices available in the store, possibly one for each champion. And since if it's just changing the voices you hear, it could probably be edited in the game files, so instead, maybe the voices you buy could be the ones the enemy hears when you kill them.