Thoughts on Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigismund

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Olaf View Post
first - if you are basing your thread off "tags" then just delete it , tags is something to help lvl 1-10 players to understand what the champ is supposed to be doing.

second- her passive is NOT as good as you think, some guy did a math on it in another poppy QQ thread and its really not 50% reduction like you think ,100 damage does not get reduced to 50 it gets reduced to 88 or 77 or something like that.(that may be bull**** of course but i saw no one correct him and the thread got plenty of reads and responses)

and to some others who think poppy can carry games, she really cant unless you feed her ALOT of kills and what champ cant carry games when fed alot?

also l2build megatron cloak , it just gimps her damage. later upgrade it to Banshe veil
50% reduction will reduce 100 damage to 50, it's just that when you have multiple instances of damage reduction they're multiplicative and not additive.

For Example: if Poppy has 100 armor (50% reduction), and her passive procs (another 50%) and takes 100 damage, it'll reduce the damage taken by 75% and not by 100%

(100 - 50%) - 50% = 25

Not the best way to explain it, but I don't see how 50% reduction could be any less then 50%. He might've been talking about how it isn't a guaranteed proc, but I don't think it would be possible to work out the exact number of hits Poppy takes in a fight that don't proc it for every possible situation.

You're right that tags are mostly meant for the lower level players, but they still lay out the intended role for those champions. Alistar can play the caster role very well (too well before this patch) but he was meant to be a tank, and that was his most common use before dreamhack.

Sigismund

07-09-2011

shameless bump

saucycalf

07-09-2011

"I would also like to solve some misconceptions about how her passive exactly works.

It will NOT halve the damage dealt to her if it's more than 10% of her health.

Imagine Poppy has 1500 health, and you deal 550 damage.
10% of 1500 is 150. She will take this full damage.
The rest of the damage gets halved, which is 400, and half of that is 200.
She takes 150+200=350 damage, not 275 damage."

Quoted from http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=177035. If this is how the passive works, the description could be a tad more clear.

Ulquiorra995

07-09-2011

It's not Poppy, it's pOPpy until they rework the passive. If she has, mid-late game, 2k HP, any damage over 200 is halved. hardly a balanced stuff.

CoolHeroBro

07-09-2011

She has a unique role and a unique playstyle, PLEASE don't make her yet another "farm farm farm farm farm farm all day erry day I'm farmin'" champ. Please.

Bees

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHeroBro View Post
She has a unique role and a unique playstyle, PLEASE don't make her yet another "farm farm farm farm farm farm all day erry day I'm farmin'" champ. Please.
This is true, personally I LOVE champs that have a unique playstyle/role (like teemo) and would love to see more.

Mayobe

07-09-2011

Poppy farms just fine. You're just not supposed to farm creeps with her. You're supposed to farm champions.

She's in a bit of a pubstomp state at the moment. She either gets her early kills and rolls everyone or else you have to struggle to catch up for the rest of the game. Even so, if you can get her fully built she's like a gorram locomotive.

Blue girls = best girls.

Sigismund

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucycalf View Post
"I would also like to solve some misconceptions about how her passive exactly works.

It will NOT halve the damage dealt to her if it's more than 10% of her health.

Imagine Poppy has 1500 health, and you deal 550 damage.
10% of 1500 is 150. She will take this full damage.
The rest of the damage gets halved, which is 400, and half of that is 200.
She takes 150+200=350 damage, not 275 damage."

Quoted from http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=177035. If this is how the passive works, the description could be a tad more clear.
If her passive does work this way, that would make a huge difference. I think both her Q and her Passive could be better written. The passive because, as you mentioned, it isn't very clear, and the Q because the way it's written makes you think that the cap applies to the total damage the ability deals, and not just the % damage.