[Guide][TT] AP Warwick; quite the mouthfull

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninja Cyborg

04-15-2010

Yeah, that's right. AP warwick.

Summary
This is a guide for playing Warwick on Twisted Treeline. This ply involves a totally different style to playing AD Warwick, almost as if he was a new hero. He is able to chase down or towerdive any low HP heroes, and demolish both tanks and squishies equally.

With a 5300 gold build you'll be doing 400 damage minimum every 3.5 seconds, healing yourself for 600 health minimum, with your ultimum on 40 second cooldown, while remaining hard to kill with extra health, magic resist and armor. The AP ratio on Hungering strike is 1:1.

This build is exceptionally well to run against teams that can make your ult, or mellee battles useless with CC/stuns (jax, udyr etc). You can burst some champions down when they are vulnerable, a lot faster than you would be able to with AD (mord, udyr etc).

Masteries
On Twisted Treeline I think it's important to Have 21 points in the defensive tree, as the extra HP goes a long way in low level battles. The other 9 points can be either placed in the offensive tree for extra CD/mpen or defensive tree for extra mana, experience and buff duration.

Runes
Purple Quints:
Straight HP, totaling +97hp. Again, TT is won early game, and the extra HP is very important.

Yellow Seals:
Dodge chance, totaling +6.8% dodge.

Blue Glyphs:
Cooldown reduction, totaling -5.85% cooldowns.

Red Marks:
Magic penetration, totaling +8.5 MPen.

Summoner Spells
Good choices are:
Ghost -For chasing down fast opponents, or ganking lanes.
Cleanse -On a CC dominant map, cleanse will probably save your life.
Ignite -For tower diving and controlling rampaging Mundos.
Exhaust -Added CC for a champion that's lacking it.
Smite -For jungle control and stealing buffs.

Items
5,300g build:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Warwi...b02949e7fce2bb
Haunting Guise
Sorcerers Boots
Glacial Shroud
Spirit Visage
[AP item with situational secondary stats]

-Start off with Ruby crystal. This will put you at 830 or so HP at level 1, and near impossible to get first blooded.
-At 1350 gold go back to get a haunting guise and basic boots. This gives you extra survivability with HP, increases the damage of your hungering strike both due to Mpen and AP, and increases the healing effect of its damage by 10%.
-Next priority is a mana crystal, as Warwick is OOM quite quickly, along with Sorcerers shoes for the extra mpen (with bloodscent and ghost, there is no need for move 3 boots)
-If their team is Physical damage dominant, get Glacial Shroud first. This decreases cooldowns, adds mana and increases survivability/tower diving ease with armor. if their team is magic damage heavy, get Spirit Visage first for the increased healing, cooldown reduction and increased survivablilty with magic resist.

This is the end of the standard item build.
If the game lasts this long, get a blasting wand, which can either turn into an abyssal scepter or ryalis.

Skills
The skills depend on your team setup. If heavy physical DPS, you want more points in Hunters call. If not, then more points in blood scent. That in mind, skilling is:
R>Q>[W/E]
If you are getting hunters call, place at least 1 point in blood scent level 3-5 to chase people down and gank.

Gameplay/tips
1) make sure you see who has cleanse on the opposition.
2) never auto attack minions. Auto attack = push = gank = lose.
3) in team fights, Ult any high dps /disable champs who do not have cleanse, then take massive chunks out of whoever is most threatening.
4) If tower diving/ being tower dove, a good chunk of enemy HP will usually keep you alive.
5) Ward lizard and dragon.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

you are ****ing stupid kid. really. and the next time you try to test out AP on a pure DPS champ, please, PLEASE dont waste my ****ing time and go to practice que you d0uchebag.

wow i still cant believe you made a guide .. like this is probably the funniest and most maddening thing i've ever seen

Ninja Cyborg

04-15-2010

Long story short; I went 0-4 in 1 game and this guy raged harder than anyone i've ever seen.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

I'm going to ask you one last time.. are you trolling?

Ninja Cyborg

04-15-2010

No. Last 10 games, where 9 were AP ww matches, score totals are;
44-38-51

It's a totally viable build.
And even so, it's not an AP build until late game if needed, more mpen/cdr. Not many chars can take/dish out so much damage at the 15-25 minute mark, which is by when TT matches are ending.

FeLpZ

04-15-2010

i would bet more money than i have right now that you wouldve done better without any items at all.

KaaaBLAMO

04-15-2010

I just played a game with the author of this guide on TT. His team lost, but his score was a pretty reasonable 10-5-something, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure about all the AP items, but the Spirit Visage did seem to work very well. He would heal himself for about half his max health on his swipe.

It was pretty easy to play around, however. Ignite + focus fire dropped him very quickly. Now to be fair, that would drop most heroes quickly, but still.

I'm not sure how good of a build this is because I know very little about playing Warwick, but it's certainly not as bad as FeLpZ is making it out to be :P.

Burbs

04-15-2010

Wazzabi would be very sad.

GuyGin

04-15-2010

Even on an AP warwick I don't see how you can justify going sorcerers boots, particularly if you're getting

It would be lulz to get the CD on hungering down to 3.5 or so seconds.

Also, with such a low CD I think it's worth suggesting something like Lichbane.

Finally, I don't think AP is really that great of an idea, as Hungering does THE GREATER OF 275(+1) OR 20% of the enemy hps. (this is how it works right).

Soooo, to have enough AP to make his AP strike better than the % you would need 125 for a 2000 hp champ.

For that reason I think AP is a waste on him.

I can imagine instead of trying to rush AP you would rush CDR: spirit Visage + Brutalizer maybe, with CDR runes and 3% in offense would get you down to about a 4 second hungering, which would heal you massively.

That also wouldn't impinge your ability to jungle either.

FeLpZ

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrentistTheDentist View Post
I just played a game with the author of this guide on TT. His team lost, but his score was a pretty reasonable 10-5-something, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure about all the AP items, but the Spirit Visage did seem to work very well. He would heal himself for about half his max health on his swipe.

It was pretty easy to play around, however. Ignite + focus fire dropped him very quickly. Now to be fair, that would drop most heroes quickly, but still.

I'm not sure how good of a build this is because I know very little about playing Warwick, but it's certainly not as bad as FeLpZ is making it out to be :P.
yes... yes it is. when you are 20 minutes into a game, and you dont have a SINGLE damage item on a ****ing -DPS CHAMPION-, you ****ing fail. thats all there is to it.