Riot, The Wielder of the Nerf Hammer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gloribhem

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayyden View Post
Nidalee's mechanics are way off. (i.e.: pounce, spear throw when coming out of cougar, insta heal when coming out of cougar)
Read a patch or two ago I do believe they fixed those two issues. If they didn't fix both of those, then they at least fixed the spear and bushwack coming out of cougar.

Dolphium

07-08-2011

I wanted them to fix the other bug with Pyroclasms too. The one where it stops bouncing once it hits a banshees veil (or any other spell-block).
Not sure if its a bug TBH, but I think it should continue to bounce to the next target even if it gets spellblocked.

Other than that it seems to be a good patch.

Best Zod NA

07-08-2011

Quote:
GP is ridiculously strong with a built in Frozen Mallet.
He has a built in slow that requires him to get into melee range and whack you a few times to add up to a really significant amount. While he does have the tools to do this well, he still has to run up and actually hit you. He doesn't have a gap closer.

Beating GP in-lane is still simple. He's still a squishy with low defense and can be zoned without too much hassle. If you're on his ass, he's wasting mana on his W so he can't last hit, and if he's harassing you back, he'll OOM himself, because his mana pool is tiny and level one Q is about as strong as any other ranged AD carries auto-attack, whilst costing mana and having a cooldown.

Treat him like you'd treat Tryndamere. Crush him early and he'll be so far behind on his build it'll turn into a 4V5. He NEEDS to farm for his expensive items, Infinity Edge, Trinity Force, etc and he's *not* a good farmer until he gets items in the first place. Gangplank needs to lane well or he'd never be able to get off the ground.

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Quote:
Zhao I will give you.

Garen?.. Lol talk about pubstomping

Jarvan and Rumble continue to be nerfed, not just this patch.

GP is ridiculously strong with a built in Frozen Mallet.

Nidalee's mechanics are way off. (i.e.: pounce, spear throw when coming out of cougar, insta heal when coming out of cougar)
Garen's best at early game, I didn't know this was secret.

Idk about Jarvan, but Rumble's last nerf wasn't bad. The cooldown on Equalizer really needed to be increased I noticed this when I first started playing him. They could've left the damage, but I wasn't terribly affected by that either.

It's not a built in Frozen Mallet, he has to hit you five times to get 35% (now 28%) and that's not even equal to frozen mallet slow. Imo, healing reduction was better because it could be constantly applied and now it hurts lifesteal and spellvamp. If I used GP I would've just wanted them to add the proc to parley. If you want to talk about a built in Frozen Mallet Urgot is your man, and it doesn't have to stack either. If you have a problem with GP because of a slow then Urgot wipes the floor with you.

I don't use her, when I saw it I thought it was purposeful. You might have a point.

Gloribhem

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post
He has a built in slow that requires him to get into melee range and whack you a few times to add up to a really significant amount. While he does have the tools to do this well, he still has to run up and actually hit you. He doesn't have a gap closer.

Beating GP in-lane is still simple. He's still a squishy with low defense and can be zoned without too much hassle. If you're on his ass, he's wasting mana on his W so he can't last hit, and if he's harassing you back, he'll OOM himself, because his mana pool is tiny and level one Q is about as strong as any other ranged AD carries auto-attack, whilst costing mana and having a cooldown.

Treat him like you'd treat Tryndamere. Crush him early and he'll be so far behind on his build it'll turn into a 4V5. He NEEDS to farm for his expensive items, Infinity Edge, Trinity Force, etc and he's *not* a good farmer until he gets items in the first place. Gangplank needs to lane well or he'd never be able to get off the ground.
I agree with the last two paragraphs but I feel like they created him to not need a gap closer. He can q you, use e, you stun/slow and he w's it off, then you flash out and he ults you. By this time he's caught up cause his e lasts a while and his q will be back up since it's a lower cd skill. That too me sounds like a "gap closing" kit instead of just 1 gap closing spell that actually puts him from point a to b instantly, he just gets there while running fast and slowing you down.

He's kinda like a cop. You see them and initially start to slow down, they start to speed up cause you made a mistake, then turn on their lights which slows you down more until he's caught up and you end up at a stand still while he just goes to town with his tickets.

wang slangin

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post

So I guess the slow and the movement speed buff he has isn't a "gap closer."

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Nope. It's not. A gap closer is either a blink or a pull. Just RUNNING at people has never been a gap closer. If that's your plan, then any good player will walk in the other direction. Oh, you're slightly faster? Now if only that helped as much as an instantaneous blink...

A blink puts you on top of someone and covers a chunk of distance instantly. Movement speed means you're slowly outpacing them. Big difference. Surprise surprise.

Best Zod NA

07-08-2011

Frankly, if you're caught that far out of position that he can actually get to you and kill you, while you spent the entire time running away, you've made a serious mistake that you're being punished for.

I've played Gangplank a few times since the patch, and I find that my passive only comes into play when I catch people totally out of position and unready for me/my team. Be it level one facechecks into my bush (lolol) or coming in around a farming carry who's off alone, or roaring down the river to catch someone unawares. It punishes bad positioning and lack of map awareness, but it isn't so strong that you can't struggle back to your team or tower if he pegs you with his Q.

Aluminar

07-08-2011

Quote:
I am extremely disappointed with the last few nerfs in the recent patch. How is it that Rumble and Jarvan (both extremely strong champions, but not OP) get yet another nerf, but champions like Gangplank and Early game Fiddlesticks remain completely untouched?

Riot also disregards champs that are in desperate need for help such as Nidalee, Shaco, and Heimerdinger. Why Riot? Why?

On a different note, thanks for addressing Lane Wick.

inb4 the thumbs down
inb4 the "QQ"
inb4 any other flame.

Discuss your thoughts on the release notes.
nid does not need help, shes considered one of the strongest champions in the game for her insane utility, massive heal, high damage output, and sustainability.

honestly i saw nothing wrong with these patch notes. OH NOEZ jarv does a bit less damage on abilities now... woopdifriggin doo, he'll still do his job insanely well. jarvan's job is not to get kills it's to secure kills and be a terror to the enemy by means of extreme cc and his passive.

also rumble basically got a small nerf to ap scalling, big deal... i guarantee you will not see a difference, and lets face it being able to do so much damage with minimal ap, and tank well at the same time is not well balanced

lastly what was wrong with lanewick? sure you could never kill the guy, be he would also never kill you unless you did something REALLY dumb. lanewick is honestly like putting amumu or rammus mid, sure they'd never lose the lane, but they'd never win it either.

Autocthon

07-08-2011

Quote:
I am extremely disappointed with the last few nerfs in the recent patch. How is it that Rumble and Jarvan (both extremely strong champions, but not OP) get yet another nerf, but champions like Gangplank and Early game Fiddlesticks remain completely untouched?
Read the forum QQ about them. Rumble is a monster in lane, generally he is guaranteed to win the lane unless you have a specific counter. Jarvan is also quite insane when used correctly. Fiddles and Gang can't simply stand toe-to-toe with the enemy carry and make it thru with enough power to kill the rest of the team.

Quote:
Riot also disregards champs that are in desperate need for help such as Nidalee, Shaco, and Heimerdinger. Why Riot? Why?
Nidalee is currently one of the best laners and an amazing babysitter. Riot wants to NERF her lane, and hasn't figured out how. Shaco is flat out borked because of his playstyle, and until the stealth rework hits he's unlikely to get ANY love. Heimer's playstyle is borderline OP and any buffs may turn him into the unstoppable lane-winning monstter that he used to be.

Quote:
On a different note, thanks for addressing Lane Wick.
Lanewick is Jarvan and Rumbles big brother.