Riot, The Wielder of the Nerf Hammer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wang slangin

07-08-2011

I am extremely disappointed with the last few nerfs in the recent patch. How is it that Rumble and Jarvan (both extremely strong champions, but not OP) get yet another nerf, but champions like Gangplank and Early game Fiddlesticks remain completely untouched?

Riot also disregards champs that are in desperate need for help such as Nidalee, Shaco, and Heimerdinger. Why Riot? Why?

On a different note, thanks for addressing Lane Wick.

inb4 the thumbs down
inb4 the "QQ"
inb4 any other flame.

Discuss your thoughts on the release notes.

Edit:

I think people are getting the wrong idea on the "needing help" section of my post.

I am in no way saying Nidalee or Shaco is UP, they have awful mechanics and glitches.

K?

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-08-2011

Yay yorick buff!

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

yeah they should care of gp before thinking of rumble so sad

Giltia Zero

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayyden View Post
Fiddlesticks
ITT: Scrub.

If you get beaten by a Fiddlesticks, you were pubstomped because you suck.

wang slangin

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
ITT: Scrub.

If you get beaten by a Fiddlesticks, you were pubstomped because you suck.
Who says I was beaten?

I merely said his early game was too strong.

Sir Longfellow

07-08-2011

Since when was Fiddle's earlygame strong? Urgot, Zhao, and Garen's are better by far. Rumble wasn't nerfed, the puny base damage and ratio decrease at endgame will hardly be noticeable and his earlygame base damage was increased. If anything, Rumble will win the game faster before endgame comes (which he was bad at already). Jarvan's nerfs were small too, but I don't use him. GP isn't that strong either, and Nidalee is a good champ idk why you think she needs help.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that they fixed that Pyroclasm bug.

Giltia Zero

07-08-2011

His early game is garbage, and he Drains like he's ignited from the getgo.

You got pubstomped, and you suck. Massively.

Kitsura715

07-08-2011

First off, I think Riot is doing a good job making sure that Characters are balanced for both Casual and Competitive players (No matter how much you argue, the playstyles of Pro players vrs Casual matches are totally different). If you watch ANY of the European championship matches where Rumble happens to not get banned (which isnt many, because ANY european player will tell you that he is crazy OP) you will see why they had to nerf him like they did. Gangplank doesnt need a nerf. They finally got him to a point of being decently viable in a competetive setting. You are probably just used to laughing at your load screen when you see a Gangplank on the opposing team.

Secondly, Neither Nid nor Shac need a buff at all.
Nid has a GREAT semi-nuke spell with her spear as well as a strong heal. Her pounces give her good escape ability, and her traps last 10 seconds which is really good especially in pro comp play.
Shac has amazing escape power as well as a strong jungling ability. Although he is lacking in staying power, he does have a fairly decent slow and very good ganking ability with his stealth.

Please dont just rage every time they nerf a character you play. There are reasons they nerf and buff characters. Go watch the comp play vids on Own3d.tv and you will see why they do what they do.

wang slangin

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Longfellow View Post
Since when was Fiddle's earlygame strong? Urgot, Zhao, and Garen's are better by far. Rumble wasn't nerfed, the puny base damage and ratio decrease at endgame will hardly be noticeable and his earlygame base damage was increased. If anything, Rumble will win the game faster before endgame comes (which he was bad at already). Jarvan's nerfs were small too, but I don't use him. GP isn't that strong either, and Nidalee is a good champ idk why you think she needs help.
Zhao I will give you.

Garen?.. Lol talk about pubstomping

Jarvan and Rumble continue to be nerfed, not just this patch.

GP is ridiculously strong with a built in Frozen Mallet.

Nidalee's mechanics are way off. (i.e.: pounce, spear throw when coming out of cougar, insta heal when coming out of cougar)

Gloribhem

07-08-2011

Shaco is being worked on(he's my new main as of the past month or so so I've been reading up on him). He takes time. Heimer is in a rough spot mechanically because if you just "increase turrets" like everyone wants then he'll be OP with current ratios and what have you. Nidalee doesn't need that much help outside of a couple of bugs. She's a fine champ and I still roll her now and again.

Also they did nerf GP by removing 7% off of his slow and that last tick of poison. Fiddle's is fine from what I've seen.

Also Jarvan was kinda ridiculous on his damage output and tankyness with whichever build he went. He could build straight dps and still live a long while. He could also build straight tank and do a very good amount of damage. It was pretty ridiculous. I'm down for him doing massive damage and CC if he's able to die fairly quickly. I'm also down with him being able to stay alive for like 3minutes in a team fight (exaggeration) and CC'ing like a mofo but not being able to contribute much damage.