Why is a Blitzcrank considered a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadzin

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezern View Post
he breaks turtling like it's his job.
it IS his job! xD

Osmodius

04-15-2010

Because if you don't kill him you all die.

And anyone being attacked is a tank.

Krimson

04-15-2010

Honestly a Morgana with 4x sunfire capes would look more like a tank than a Blitz.

To "tank" is to protect something, that valuable thing dear to your heart. Be it your childhood sweetheart, or that arrogant drunken looking card player that looks like a pimp. But how would a Blitz protect the carry, if he needs to fear for his own lifebar. Tanks in general have either to have a replenishable life bar, or make it hard for the lifebar to go down.

Most tanks in fact have some way of topping up their effectiveness by rolling defense, so people don't get cocky and solo you. By getting defense, Singed can run around being the pesky fly that he is spweing his juices. Amummu can stick to people longer and drain them of their life by giving them cold dark hugs. But Blitz doesn't seem to get that, after a successful grab and punch, what other motive do people have to hit him, he feels like a used towel.

Blitz. Is. Supportive. But at the end of lost games what pisses me off the most, is how people can just nonchalantly say "oh we lost cause Blitz didnt buy enough tank, what a noob". Sure, say I suck at grabbing, I didn't initiate enough, or I'm bad at farming. But don't lump me immediately to safeguard of your royal gluteus.

Krimson

04-15-2010

Actually... ill go make a poll to see proportions of Blitzcrank players

Paperzelda

04-15-2010

He has great support skills and if you go any other builds besides tank, he is really sqishy, thus rendering you useless.

JEMANGEDESMONDES

04-15-2010

Blitzcrank's as been the most irritating champion to play for me. You may land 9 hooks out of 10. it's the one you missed that is the doom since it's what your teamates notice and remarks about how your the worse blitz ever and have lost the game for them will inevitably come.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

Because he can initiate. This game does not have tanks in the traditional sense:

We have:
Bait
Initiators
Disablers
Burst Damage
Sustained Damage
Meat Shields

Tristana is an initiator but she's not a disabler or meat shield. She has high sustained damage making her a carry of sorts. Blitz can initiate, disable, be a meat shield, and has good burst damage making him an excellent main tank. Other champions, like Udyr or Nasus, are called "Off-Tanks" or "Semi-Carries." They don't quite have what it takes to make them a blitz while lacking all the tools in a tristana toolkit making them excellent 5th choices to round out a team.

Udyr has Sustained and Burst Damage
Udyr is a meat Shield
Udyr is a disabler
Udyr is bait
Udyr cannot initiate well

Nasus has sustained and burst Damage
Nasus is a disabler
Nasus is a meat shield
Nasus should not bait because he lacks AE slow, escape moves, or haste.
Nasus cannot initiate well

Clintok

04-15-2010

To categorize a champion like Blitzcrank as something as simple as a 'tank' is to narrow his focus too much. I like to think of Blitzcrank as a terrifying omen of your death, tank.

He's gotta' get da' grabz see? Den he yankz you inta' hiz teem while you be all like 'ZOMG!' Den you git so mad dat you start hitting him.

He absorbs all of the rage and terror of the other team into himself and thus, becomes the tank.

inept

04-15-2010

because even with just a triforce and merc treads he is ridiculously hard to kill

Skarvo

04-15-2010

The way I build blitz, is as a full tank, but the way I play him, is as an extremely tanky, only tank if no other is present, initiator who can keep jump stunning (eat your heart out merc treads) people, and does some decent damage.

The only problem is that he needs to be with a team to work well (works wonders), oh wait, so does every tank.

But I am not so close minded as to believe tank is the only way, no, DPS and AP I have seen success with, that's why blitz is so great, no one knows how you'll build, unlike ryze/annie/stix, they always gotta be AP, except for rare tanky exceptions.