Is AP alistar still viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

so i read the patch preview and BOOM ali AP is gonna be nerfed his AP ratios are going down (hed butt and pulverise) by 0.1 it doesnt seem like much but will this nerf make AP alistar un viable? i really like to lpay him and thats the only reason i bought alistar.
tl;dr: can someone pelase tell me if after this nerf he is still viable and if he is what will be different about him.

thanks everyone

NoIntestines

07-08-2011

I would say he's still viable, just not as crazy good in the early-mid game. He'll still be quite tough to combat with a Deathcap and Mana Shroud.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

thanks for the respnse he will be tanky just not do as much damage as before?
is this nerf to combat the reason people are saying that AP alistar is OP? too hard to kill and does awsome dmg i tihnk..................lol thank you i will comtinue to play him and hope i get more respnses soon

Killi0naire

07-08-2011

I would say AP Alistar is still completely Viable, overall your losing out on between 90-110 damage on your W+Q combo at end game which will really just make it so you aren't dominating squishy champs before they can respond.

XTreeX

07-08-2011

so i cant run in kill their carry and walk out with full hp anymore? lol wll it be changed so that i wont kill them as fast? on other champions will that bit of damage make a difference in terms of bringin down their hp easier??

Pig Magus

07-08-2011

Minor nerfs to the ratios. You'll be doing less damage with your moomoo missle combo and you'll be healing less. Should't matter too much imo, but I'm a noobcake.

dadde

07-08-2011

This nerf was just to make him more viable as a tanky ap instead of the straight ap dps. I think that this was the first step to try and push people in that direction and now they just wanna see how its gonna play out with this minor all around dmg. nerf to him.

Goblintrain

07-08-2011

The real nerf was to his E. It takes a ridiculous 900 ap to double his lvl 5 E, and 150 IP just to boost it 30 points. These numbers are abysmal. 0.2 is just not enough.

ragefireJM

07-08-2011

Yeah 0.2 ratio is so close to 0 that it really doesn't matter. They might as well have just said this spell does X and never any more ever no matter what.

blues809

07-08-2011

he is still viable, his ratios were only nerfed by 0.1, thats like 10 less damage for every 100 AP, not a big deal