Release Notes v1.0.0.121

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fungus

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryLawnGnome View Post
Yorick buffs ftw
i have a feeling he is replacing alistar as my new main

As for the alistar nerf i think that the ap ratio of trample should Increase. I mained alistar before the "rework" and i believe that one of the goals of the rework was to help alistar's farming game. I believe these nerfs will lower alistar's ability to quickly farm/push lanes.

The nerfs to his ratios shouldnt effect my ability to roam and gank as alistar but the healing ratio may effect my survivablity when i initiate teamfights or take turret agro for an ally but all in all i dont think that these nerfs should effect my ability to effectively use this champion.

The only additional change i would suggest is to make trample deal more base damage or even extra damage to minions so that alistar is able to farm/push with his passive.

Or just give us back the old passive *tear* the good ole days when all that ali wanted was to smash turrets in peace.

christian100

07-08-2011

no offence guys i dident really like the ward jumping nerf cuz i really need those for a good escape if no allys are close. lil bit bummd but evry thin elese is great

Fallovt

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
I am excited!

This is possibly the most unexpected, yet amazing, change in the patch. No more fail wards!!!
Oh my god, yes.

I also really like the more responsive autoattacks and kog'maw moves. Stuff like that is really important.

LordTrox

07-08-2011

great patch!

Firellius

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcPunchman View Post
Items
  • Rabadon's Deathcap base ability power reduced to 140 from 155
WTF?

Seriously? AGAIN?

STOP BASHING MAGES! They're the weakest class in the game already, they need buffing not degrading!

I'd rather have Zhonya's Ring back now! This entire thing has just been one massive, chopped up stealth nerf. Splitting it into two items, driving the cost upwards further and further and now reducing the value.

AP is, by far, the most useless stat currently in the game. I expect some heavy compensation for the incessant and unecessary nerfs to Deathcap.

Taskun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
We're definitely going to keep an eye on Yorick this patch. We definitely heard the feedback regarding the later points you brought up. In each case, that was how those skills operated before he went live, and playtests found them to be extremely frustrating.

The combination of W being a ranged slow and Q being an immediate haste buff allowed him to kite just about any champion. So while the Q may need something still, it is unlikely to be that.

The ghoul health decay is another element we added for counterplay purposes, although the success of that in reducing frustration is less clear. We want to see him when mana, base stats, and a weaker ultimate than intended is not holding him back before evaluating.
I understand why you guys didn't give him a beastly buff this patch. For those who can't figure it out they want to BALANCE Yorick, not make him an OP beast capable of kiting and replenishing any and all hp at any time. Play him for a bit with the new changes and then give more feedback.

Skrearl Master

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Yorick needs more than a few stat increases. In order to make him a threat ALL of his minions need to lose the health decay. There is no point in having them get any percentage of his health if they lose it all the same. A little attacking from an enemy champ and it's gone before it's of any use. Lose the health decay, keep the 5 second timer, and give them a lower percentage of his health. That way a player can build his minions to be tough and last at least the full 5 seconds. And why change his passive to damage reduction? Yorick isn't a tank or have any tank abilities. His minions aren't around long enough to be of any use, especially in a team fight. At least before you could try to summon all of his minions for the attack boost and then his revenant to try and take a tower or a champ down. This passive change is going to make him even more powerless than before. I'd go for it if they doubled his base attack. And the ghoul abilities are still weak as far as damage goes, so all in all, this is a weaker Yorick. The buff is appreciated, a few of the changes are real nice, but he needs to be stronger in all of his offensive areas. Not just a few stat increases. Just saying.

Elderpriest

07-08-2011

No annie nerfs? that x2 dmg of hers hurts like a mother

SkyWolf04

07-08-2011

They nerfed plank, but he ate a ****ing orange and it's k!
Seriously, great nerf riot. I quit.

Elderpriest

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
WTF?

Seriously? AGAIN?

STOP BASHING MAGES! They're the weakest class in the game already, they need buffing not degrading!

I'd rather have Zhonya's Ring back now! This entire thing has just been one massive, chopped up stealth nerf. Splitting it into two items, driving the cost upwards further and further and now reducing the value.

AP is, by far, the most useless stat currently in the game. I expect some heavy compensation for the incessant and unecessary nerfs to Deathcap.
What can you say, Riot loves there Tanky/Dps champs