Why do you all still post here?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronBorn

07-07-2011

Scan through the pages of Tribunal forum. Notice anything? Notice the lack of Riot posts?? Oh wait!! There's been 3 out of the 10 pages I scanned. And they're only there to say the Tribunal is done being broken and one link to the summoners code.

Discuss.

Mísanthropic

07-07-2011

I do it to protest how the Tribunal is subject to the following potentially massive flaws in players:

Abusive
Arrogant
Biased
Grudge-filled
Ignorant
Inexperienced
Narcissistic
Sadistic
Scornful
Unwise
Vengeful
[these are the ones I could immediately think of... there may be more]

These qualities may influence many, and possibly even a majority big enough to affect countless players that judge our cases. Creating a courtroom out of a freaking online game is anti-fun. Sure, rules should be upheld; I'm not lawless. But not like this... Don't use the "problem" itself to solve... itself. I don't care how innocent players and posters declare themselves to be. It wells out of them eventually that they're capable of containing the above qualities [it's only a question of "when"]. Almost every poster I've interacted with here on the forums has revealed this possibility despite telling me of their "good intentions". It's both sad and unfair that the fate of our accounts lay in the paws of wolves. Sometimes I experience regret in having invested into this game because of the Tribunal. I've limited myself to Coop. vs AI and Custom Games to prevent myself from falling into the loop of abuse that is Normal and Ranked games. I'm getting bored, though... and I don't plan on returning to Normal games, and God forbid I dare try Ranked *EEP!*, until they remove the player base's power and come up with a code or script to catch and enforce rules, and reward penalies. Computers are impartial, and only do what they're told to. but you can't tell players to do sh*t without assuring their quality 100%...

Diamondragan

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
I do it to protest how the Tribunal is subject to the following potentially massive flaws in players:

Abusive
Arrogant
Biased
Grudge-filled
Ignorant
Inexperienced
Narcissistic
Sadistic
Scornful
Unwise
Vengeful
[these are the ones I could immediately think of... there may be more]

These qualities may influence many, and possibly even a majority big enough to affect countless players that judge our cases. Creating a courtroom out of a freaking online game is anti-fun. Sure, rules should be upheld; I'm not lawless. But not like this... Don't use the "problem" itself to solve... itself. I don't care how innocent players and posters declare themselves to be. It wells out of them eventually that they're capable of containing the above qualities. Almost every poster I've interacted with here on the forums has revealed this possibility. It's both sad and unfair that the fate of our accounts lay in the paws of wolves. Sometimes I experience regret in having invested into this game because of the Tribunal. I've limited myself to Coop. vs AI and Custom Games to prevent myself from falling into the loop of abuse that is Normal and Ranked games. I'm getting bored, though... and I don't plan on returning to Normal games, and God forbid I dare try Ranked *EEP!*.
I don't wholly understand you (as a person), Zeus, but I can empathize with the Co-op situation. Now that I'm in Normal again I wait until someone says something incriminating or directly harasses me and then I hit /ignore after saying, "And that's the end of it."

Report, move on.

Then remind yourself that it doesn't matter anyway, and you will eventually be banned for having emotions which may or may not be in your responsible conscience in any given game - thereby making sure you never spend a dime on the game.

No remorse here.

IronBorn

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
I don't care how innocent players and posters declare themselves to be. It wells out of them eventually that they're capable of containing the above qualities [it's only a question of "when"]. Almost every poster I've interacted with here on the forums has revealed this possibility despite telling me of their "good intentions". It's both sad and unfair that the fate of our accounts lay in the paws of wolves.
That makes quite a bit of sense. All the crying on here that, "OMG someone is going to abuse Tribunal and report me and I didn't do anything." Sure thing there buddy. Like you haven't tried to ban someone for some mundane little thing just because you could.

At least General Discussion has a little PR stunt going on to quell the masses and masses of pent up rage. How long until The Tribunal's subforum get's one? Come on Riot, do some damage control. Acknowledge our concerns and the total lack of foresight on what the Tribunal has really turned into.

UmbraSprite

07-07-2011

I am here to soak up Zeus's tears for delivery to the thirsty children of Africa.

Totaltrash

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBorn View Post
Scan through the pages of Tribunal forum. Notice anything? Notice the lack of Riot posts?? Oh wait!! There's been 3 out of the 10 pages I scanned. And they're only there to say the Tribunal is done being broken and one link to the summoners code.

Discuss.
True, Riot is not posting much. But what should they post? Reply to all these banned whiners?

There is very little of substance on this board - and what little there is, is usually drowned out by countless trolls.

For example Zeus, who absolutely has to post his paranoid garbage in every single thread and thereby derailing even the best suggestions.

If you were Riot, would you bother to reply to the likes of him?

Mísanthropic

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraSprite View Post
I am here to soak up Zeus's tears for delivery to the thirsty children of Africa.
I'm here to collect UmbraSprite's "sadism" for delivery to give it to the thirsty ghosts of Oblivion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
True, Riot is not posting much. But what should they post? Reply to all these banned whiners?

There is very little of substance on this board - and what little there is, is usually drowned out by countless trolls.

For example Zeus, who absolutely has to post his paranoid garbage in every single thread and thereby derailing even the best suggestions.

Being abused not a matter of "paranioa", but a matter of "iminence". And if you see my protesting abuse as "garbage" [a form of hateful bias], then I can only imagine anyone pissing you off, then ending up under your eyes as a case on the Tribunal. *BIAS/GRUDGE ALERT* You'll click punish so hard your mouse will catch fire. And then you'll orgasm...

/TrollbuLOL

SkeletalArm

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post

And this is why people like you are likeable.

The only reason I see for Riot posting on here is if they found a bug or something and fixed it.

LargeSnorlax

07-08-2011

I don't come to the forum to syphon the keystrokes of red posters, nor do I want a constant social link with them. I'm not sure why people do.

I come here during my overly long hour and 1/2 lunchtime, or when I have some time free at home when I'm working on quotes.

Not that Zeus is agreeable in any way anyways, but not playing a game because of tinfoil hat fear mongering YOURSELF is just baffling. In groundless fear of something that hasn't even happened to you, you restrict your playing abilities because you worry that something might happen to you? Why? That's like not stepping out of your house in the morning to go to work because a bad driver might hit you with a car. Okay... its within the realm of possibility, but you're going to be a writhing xenophobic shut-in if you live your life that way.

Just play the **** game, ranked, unranked, coop, whatever, and be a decent person. You'll never get banned, you'll never have anything happen to you, and life will continue as normal.

Mísanthropic

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
...you worry that something might happen to you? Why? That's like not stepping out of your house in the morning to go to work because a bad driver might hit you with a car.
That's because in the game of League of Legends [I'm using real-life comparatively with League of Legends here, btw], everybody's in fact trying to hit you [i.e; report/punish] with their car [Tribunal] and are parked just outside your door waiting [when you click "play"] to do it for pennies [influence points]. So your analogy falls way short of proving a point. Real Life =/= League of Legends in that respect because real-life behaviors and internat/MMO gaming behaviors are like Earth and Mars: two totally different planets.

Oh, and for the record: Whether you agree with me or not, the Tribunal remains open to abuse... and as far as your condescending efforts to mock and suppress me with your imputent logic...?