Spoonymog's Mac-LoL Adventure!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yordle Kisses

07-07-2011

Last Update to Post: August 3, 2011 Client Version: 1.40.17

Hello, my name is Spoonymog and I have been a Mac user since 1989...

Okay enough Macs Anonymous openings... actually I have had my iMac for about 7 years now and I recently bought a Macbook in 2010. I have been playing the Beta here since November (I think).

I do not know as much as some people here about computers or programming, but I do pay attention to small details and I am observant to small changes. I have a newer Macbook and a older iMac (in addition to a dreaded Gateway I use); they both have separate problems so I will list what happens under each.

Machine Type: Macbook
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Adobe Air Version: 2.7
Other: Runs smcFanControl

Settings:
Auto
Resolution: 1152x720
Windowed Mode: Yes
Character Quality: High
Enviro Quality: Medium
Effects Quality: Very Low
Shadows: No Shadow
Fast terrain: No
Frame Rate Cap: 60 FPS
Wait for V Sync: No

Average FPS: 45
Average Lag: 109

Problems/ Bugs/ Errors - Out of Game (date added to list) :
~High lag with advertisements in store. (06/28/11)
~Unable to target bottom scroll bar in store easily. (06/28/11)
~Sometimes during a “found” match, window to enter the match does not show, although the matchmaking music plays and the rest of the screen is ‘greyed’ out. You must wait on timer to get into champ select. (06/28/11)
~In the loading screen, your loading bar will sometimes be inaccurate on your screen and more accurate on others (tested in Skype with premade team. Reported by them to be way under what was read on my screen, though could be sue to various computers) (06/28/11)
~In loading screen, bar will stall, sometimes even at 0% forcing you to close the client OR PVP.net will close itself randomly after stall. (06/28/11)
~On the loading screen, Veigars splash art is blue. (06/28/11)
~If you are kicked from a game, bug splat will come up - Error 1712. (06/28/11)

Problems/ Bugs/ Errors - In Game:
~Larger windowed modes will present the Apple menu bar at the top of the game, pushing the window down beyond view so that you cannot see the mana bar, or bottom lane of minimap. (06/28/11)
~Kennen and Ryze create a spike in FPS when abilities are used, lagging the game quite a bit.
~Targeting buffs and debuffs causes lag. (06/28/11)
~Targeting ability leveling up menu causes lag. (06/28/11)
~Back button image does not fill up the button itself. (06/28/11)
~Random FPS spikes for no reason. (06/28/11)
~Random champion freezing in place. (06/28/11)

Comments:
~Can actually run a game of LoL, Skype and Pages with only slight lag.
~Settings on Medium seem to do a little better across the board, and allow my game to look pretty.
~I have found that fan control is only useful in a few situations, decreasing the lag of the game.

Machine Type: iMac
CPU: Intel Core Duo
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1600
Adobe Air Version: 2.7
Other:

Settings: Auto
Resolution: 1152x720
Windowed Mode: Very Low
Character Quality: Very Low
Enviro Quality: Very Low
Effects Quality: Very Low
Shadows: No Shadow
Fast terrain: No
Frame Rate Cap: 60 FPS
Wait for V Sync: No

Average FPS: 23
Average Lag: 109

Problems/ Bugs/ Errors - Out of Game (date added to list) :

~High lag with advertisements in store. (06/28/11)
~Unable to target bottom scroll bar in store easily. (06/28/11)
~Sometimes during a “found” match, window to enter the match does not show, although the matchmaking music plays and the rest of the screen is ‘greyed’ out. You must wait on timer to get into champ select. (06/28/11)
~In the loading screen, your loading bar will sometimes be inaccurate on your screen and more accurate on others (tested in Skype with premade team. Reported by them to be way under what was read on my screen, though could be sue to various computers) (06/28/11)
~On the loading screen, Veigars splash art is blue. (06/28/11)
~If you are kicked from a game, bug splat will come up - Error 1712. (06/28/11)

Problems/ Bugs/ Errors - In Game:
~Larger windowed modes will present the Apple menu bar at the top of the game, pushing the window down beyond view so that you cannot see the mana bar, or bottom lane of minimap. (06/28/11)
~Kennen and Ryze create a spike in FPS when abilities are used, lagging the game quite a bit.
~Targeting buffs and debuffs causes lag. (06/28/11)
~Targeting ability leveling up menu causes lag. (06/28/11)
~Back button image does not fill up the button itself. (06/28/11)
~Bushes are barely visible in the water. (06/28/11)
~FPS is very low 90% of the time. 5 - 10 FPS has become the norm on this computer. (08/03/11)
~The screen tears at your champ towards other champs in play near you creating a triangle and blurring anything in between you and another champ. (08/03/11)
~Cursor targeting lags about 3 seconds behind your actual mouse movements. (08/03/11)

Comments:

~I can only run Skype and MAYBE Firefox in the background.
~In the Autumn and Twisted Treeline maps, the screen is too dark for me to see much in windowed, and I have to play full screen.
~The Autumn map lags me more then the Summer and Winter maps.

Fixes to some of the above mentioned Problems/ Bugs/ Errors:

If you are kicked from a game, bug splat will come up - Error 1712.
~If this error comes up, and you cannot re-enter the client, log out of your Mac and log back in. Also helps to have LoL on Open at Login. You do not have to restart... that takes longer.

On the loading screen, Veigars splash art is blue.
~If it is really bothering you, there is a fix here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=859115

Larger windowed modes will present the Apple menu bar at the top of the game, pushing the window down beyond view so that you cannot see the mana bar, or bottom lane of minimap.
~I have fixed this problem by setting my window size to 1152x720 in the Settings Menu in game.

Kennen and Ryze create a spike in FPS when abilities are used, lagging the game quite a bit.
~Set your “Effects” in your Settings Menu in game to Very Low when playing versus or as these champs.

Targeting ability leveling up menu causes lag.
~Do not target it, use your keybindings instead... I think it is control and then the letter you want to level. As well, running your cursor over your buffs at the start of the game sometimes gets the freezing out of the way.

In loading screen, bar will stall, sometimes even at 0% forcing you to close the client OR PVP.net will close itself randomly after stall.
~Replacing the Adobe Runtime helped fix this for me: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=2#post7905436

I hope that this is helpful to the testing, and other testers. I will try to keep it up to date.

Here are some examples of errors, bugs and settings:

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

Excellent post my good man! Will read in more detail after i finish this game and respond.

Edit * My response:

Ok so i own a Macbook Pro from 2009 so i'll respond to just the issues you are having there first.

Out of game :

1). I'm not entirely sure this is exclusive to the Mac Client and more a server issue with Riot.
2). Never had this issue.
3). I've had this issue more often as of late - no specific fix identified as of yet.
4). This is interesting so the loading bar for us is not the same as that for other players, once again i must ask though is this a Mac client specific bug? It could be that the Windowns client has the same issue.
5),6), 7) The fixes you mentioned are guranteed to work so far.

In game:
1). I never actually realized that windowed mode at this resolution was the best - thanks!
2). Never had this issue - i actually think its a RAM related issue - i have 4GB and have never lagged when these skills are used.
Rest of the bugs - besides the recall button can't actually be fixed by us - now that we have Velkor's tool we should be able to fix the Recall button - it's probably the image.

Once again thanks for the feedback!

kidconan

07-07-2011

sure does! imma try the resolutions you gave

Yordle Kisses

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSfighter View Post
Excellent post my good lady***! Will read in more detail after i finish this game and respond.

It could be that the Windowns client has the same issue.
I have LoL DLed on my Gateway as well, as soon as I get a chance I will test it out and see if they are the same on there. From what I remember.... they were not issues on the PC, but things could have changed between Christmas and now.

Also, I had Velkors tools until I had to re-download my LoL... I will have to reinstall it here at some point.

***FIX'T!

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

07-08-2011

We have ourselves a lady apple in here

Are you going to stick around here spoony? Any activity in here is welcome (for trolling, fun and sometimes serious posts!)

Yordle Kisses

07-08-2011

Aye. I browse the forums here (and the other LoL ones) often, I just don't really post cause I get distracted by shiny things.

Oh look a bird...

Yordle Kisses

08-03-2011

Added:

~FPS is very low 90% of the time. 5 - 10 FPS has become the norm on this computer. (08/03/11)
~The screen tears at your champ towards other champs in play near you creating a triangle and blurring anything in between you and another champ. (08/03/11)
~Cursor targeting lags about 3 seconds behind your actual mouse movements. (08/03/11)

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Urgh ok your new bugs are extreme. What did you do to your mac recently? Did you change any settings at all?

Yordle Kisses

08-04-2011

I updated the systems OS and LoL and that was all...

YSfighter

08-04-2011

Hmmm ok so you updated from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8? Is there anyway you can roll back that patch and see what happens? I'm just asking - i'm not aware of any method myself.
Also try setting your FPS cap to "stable" and see what happens.

Also could you post a screen shot of the second new bug - The screen tears at your champ towards other champs in play near you creating a triangle and blurring anything in between you and another champ. (08/03/11) - please? I'm not sure i understand this exactly.