Why you get banned for stupid stuff like calling someone a noob

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jmido

07-07-2011

You don't get banned because calling someone a noob or telling them that they suck is super offensive. You get banned because you're a troll who would rather make their team mates feel like **** and lower your teams morale than be helpful and create a positive atmosphere. I would rather play with unskilled players all day than get carried by an ahole who makes it a point that you should never play the game again.

So next time you're reporting the kid you harassed all game for feeding, just remember.... you'll probably get banned first for being an ahole and unlike him, you deserve the ban.

Btw, the report function is for "Intentionally feeding" and not "having a really bad game". If a person is calling MIA's, showing up to team fights, getting some assists, and doesn't have a troll build.... I don't care if they go 0/15, that's not intentionally feeding so don't be a ****.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

I agree. And as for reporting for feeding, people say 'intentional' just because they're bad at the game. And they trash talk. A lot. We need better ways to enforce the rules.

I feel that, as an addition to the Tribunal, when we pass judgment we should be able to make additional notes as to why we feel they should be punished.

I've been through some that were primarily for 'intentionally feeding' when you could tell he was trying his hardest, but because he trash talked back after being yelled at (which I can understand, but we do have an ignore button) I was forced to vote for his punishment.

While, yes, it is a lot of information to sift through what with all the level 30s there are now, it still seems like something that should (and probably has been) considered.

On the topic at hand, I've actually been having a bad losing spree because people are uncooperative with group composition, and blame it on everyone else.

It's frustrating, but I don't go into my next game ready to yell at everyone else that isn't doing well. I think that people need to realize that normal PvP is a place for good sportsmanship and practice for the ranked portion.

Winning is good, and I can understand the desire to win, I have it too, but not at the expense of your team's morale or feelings.

SimplyAlive

07-07-2011

Well said, especially about lowering the team moral. People underestimate what a great team moral can accomplish. Teamwork is the key to victory. If one person gets the moral down, more and more mistakes will be made by ALL teammembers.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
Well said, especially about lowering the team moral. People underestimate what a great team moral can accomplish. Teamwork is the key to victory. If one person gets the moral down, more and more mistakes will be made by ALL teammembers.
Not even to mention it's a major distraction.

Even ignoring the morale, the one being a jerk is typing too much instead of playing, which causes the person he's attacking to type back in return, which causes other people to tell them both to shut up, which means no last hits, none of the necessary harassing, and ultimately a loss unless your team gets their stuff together before the second line goes down.

Diamondragan

07-07-2011

Morale™

Esprit de Corps